What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

looking for advice on new room set up and journal

anon710

Putting an old grow space back to work after a bunch of years off. Have enough electric to run 4kw lights, fans and heater/dehumidifier.

space is roughly 8x18.

I used to run my veg in a 4x8 area part of the ceiling is 8 ft other are 6ft5 and the rest was 4kw flower on a flip flop with 4x mavrick sun 1000w air cooled.

So my plan is to veg in another part of my house, and possibly go sealed room. But im in canada and its in a garage thats at basment levle for 2 of the largest walls. So for most of the year i have no problem keeping tems around 70-76f.

I have my old equipment, and am running a tent pheno hund for some mothers at the moment. So I would like to figure out a direction and go with it.

Also interested in possibly swichiing over to these new quantam board led after a harvest. Iv been hearing great things about them from some commercial guys I have know. They are claiming 1.8-2.0 gram per watt on their setups. Just seems like spening 1200 to replace each 1000w with a hlg style light is a little much

popta

Sounds like you're well on your way. LEDs are finally at the point where they can match HPS output with some power savings to spare, but the two big problems for me are that the initial cost is still very high and also they're still developing and getting more efficient every year. It's like buying a computer, do you really want to spend $5,000 on an insanely state of the art system today when in a few short years the new ones on the market will make that one obsolete? I haven't taken the LED leap yet but I've been watching carefully and crunching the numbers. They're no doubt the future of lighting, it's just a question of when the money makes sense for your situation.

I'm also a canuck returning to indoor gardening after some years off. Can't believe how badly the government fucked up this "approved cultivar" bullshit. What a corporate cash grab. Fucking Trudeau man...

anon710

Thats why I am glad I have been hoarding genetics for 20 years....
Or I mean found like a few thousand bag seeds from my Provincialy approved retail website lol.

I wont complkain they keep it easy to have a 50g a day licence so whatever they wana do on the legalization front is cool with me as long as they leave the med grow side alone I will be happy lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts