What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD Hash

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I have a buddy who hates getting high. It makes him look "inside" instead of "outside" I suspect. He hates weed smell and taste but he loves the taste and smell of hash (I'm with him on that).

Has anyone made CBD Hash from a high CBD strain?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I can't see why it wouldn't work ??? Trichomes are trichomes :tiphat:

OTOH, what strains has he tried and which ones have made him anxious? And... yes hash is a far better smoke than bud :biggrin:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nearly ALL hash, made traditionally, had CBD in it.

I don't see why you couldn't make high CBD hash.
Go for it!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I can't see why it wouldn't work ??? Trichomes are trichomes :tiphat:

OTOH, what strains has he tried and which ones have made him anxious? And... yes hash is a far better smoke than bud :biggrin:

He's been smoking (not regularly) for about 50 years so he probably tried everything. But he has an issue with not losing mental control because of past trauma and hypervigilance (x airborn). Every once in a while he finds weed he can smoke that will let him "snap out of it" on command. Loves it. Says it makes him feel normal. Lol

Most hash is driven by very high THC. Knowledge of CBD is relatively new to most people (he had no idea about it) I suspect very low THC and high CBD hash might be the thing for him.

I'll help him grow some and process it. Now I need to find Sativa and Indica types to start the experiment. He's excited about it so it'll be fun.

He's gonna baby those plants likely a new kitten. Lol

troutman

Seed Whore
^^^^ Get some Landrace Indica seeds and they'll have a more balanced THC/CBD ratio.

Modern strains are normally selected for THC dominance.

Then again there are now CBD rich strains to choose from as well.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
How does he fair with Ww or Dt? Although Ww isn't considered a high CBD strain compared to Dt, both these strains leave me in a state of "perfect" contentment. As a cancer (water sign), the new and full moons affect me tremendously. You guessed it, I use those strains during a full or new moon cycle.

All^^ that^^ being said... Bk is considered as a nighttime strain (Indica (high CBD)) I use it as a daytime strain. Why? With me, it has the opposite effects. That being said, I am not a fan of cerebral highs. One size doesn't fit all :( At least with the thousands of strains out there, one can find the proper size for themselves. :)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
^^^^ Get some Landrace Indica seeds and they'll have a more balanced THC/CBD ratio.

Modern strains are normally selected for THC dominance.

Then again there are now CBD rich strains to choose from as well.
I have viewed a couple of documentaries on the subject. It is sad indeed that they went with the left vs the right. THC/CBD.

Now that the effects of CBD are better known (thanks to the medical community), perhaps we will find a better/happy balance between the 2 in the future.

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's no problem making hash with high cbd strain.

picture.php

That's some water hash made with high cbd lebanese. It doesn't get you high when you smoke/vape it and if ever you eat like 0.3gr raw you'll definitly feel a bit of a THC rush, but very short lived, followed by long lasting deep relaxed feeling but clear headed.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!

View Image
That's some water hash made with high cbd lebanese. It doesn't get you high when you smoke/vape it and if ever you eat like 0.3gr raw you'll definitly feel a bit of a THC rush, but very short lived, followed by long lasting deep relaxed feeling but clear headed.
What I have been saying :tiphat: That being said, my canna caps (size 0) are between 0.22-0.25g, decarboxylated of course :)

Nice looking hash :)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

View Image

Nice!

Primary difference I've found between THC and CBD afa processing goes, is that THCa likes to crystallize while CBDa does not. And decarbed THC does not like to crystallize, while decarbed CBD does.

Latest posts

Latest posts