What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

28%+ THC seeds

mr.brunch

Veteran
How times change... I used to smoke weed while getting out of math class..
these days you got to bring math class to the weed..

It ain’t all about numbers, unless of course it helps sell your bags...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep, interesting about the percentages. THC, CBD, THCA, CBN....everyone has their optimum concerning their strain and what it can do.

Math- ugh! Right, though.

LittleMT

That image is several weeks old, she is thriving and doing well at this point in the grow, she took well to her topping and so far has been a pleasure to grow, hopefully this continues.

Ungovernable

I am very interested to try Ethos Genetics if it's really 30%+ THC however like other posters I am skeptical of breeders claiming random percentages without providing lab reports. If they really know the exact THC percentage then it means it was lab tested, so why not post it.

It's so fucking hard to find accurate information on THC level... either the company doesn't provide the numbers or they are just lying about it

I used to like Mephisto Genetics because they claim their strains constantly test above 25% and it was confirmed by some redditors who posted an independent lab test reports with 28% THC for Mephisto Auto White Crack.
Are you guys aware of any other examples of strains that tested over 28%?

@aridbud where did you buy your Bruce Banner and was it the feminized version? I found the Original Bruce Banner from Darkhorse Genetics but it's not feminized...
I found feminized versions made by The Bakery Seed Co claiming 28%+ but I'm not sure if I can trust that
Original Sensible Seeds also have a version of Bruce Banner but they are reporting 25% not 28%

HHILL

I’ve had Lando’s Stash from Bodhi test at 26% from Steephill lab, who are conservative on their numbers. I’ve heard that other labs can test higher by a few points.. So, at one lab it’s 26%, another lab is 31%.

Going by the numbers may help it sell, but doesn’t mean it is better.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
THC = Overhyped, as there's more to consider.

All rec shops, producers etc. are in business. A successful biz makes $$ so the labeled herb at 30% is bogus…Most cannabis that is still strong is 15-20% no matter what a vendor’s label reads. To me more importantly was the plant grown right , meticulously baby’d, flushed, hanged, dried, trimmed, then cured properly and stored correctly? All of the above maximize the terpene profile which in the end has more of say in the experience you’ll feel than just an overstated THC %. Any bloom over 15% will suit most consumers just fine. I’ll take my own flower .... no artificial nutrients, water only, organically grown in 5 gallon pots any day over 90% of avg rec shop bud.

Got Bruce Banner from Dark Horse. Right now, a semi auto crossed with Critical Mass. G Glue I was bestowed from a fellow CO breeder.

Supposedly, these are the latest high thc strains. A Haze or Herer is awesome in my book. A few OG's too.

5 Best and Strongest Marijuana Strains of 2019

Godfather OG, Chemdawg, Irish Cream, White Tahoe Cookies, Strawberry Banana

Again, depends on grow/cure techniques, and the situation.

Cannabis was meant to be enjoyed or help manage chronic conditions.

The rest is history.

Mountainkush

What is the THC percentage of Ace Malawai? Can't find it
24-27% if I remember correctly. Really strong to the point of being uncomfortable if you smoke too much. Mines only been in jars a couple weeks so it will mellow out a bit I think.

I have to agree with others. My own weed is always better than anything I can buy commercially. And I’m no expert grower.
I enjoy a lot of lower thc strains more than the ones claiming to be so high. There’s a lot more to a good high than thc.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I am very interested to try Ethos Genetics if it's really 30%+ THC however like other posters I am skeptical of breeders claiming random percentages without providing lab reports. If they really know the exact THC percentage then it means it was lab tested, so why not post it.

It's so fucking hard to find accurate information on THC level... either the company doesn't provide the numbers or they are just lying about it

Very true... most of the times labs are even inflating numbers or have incorrectly calibrated machines. Also selected buds that don't represent the whole plant average. Test results are biased and used as a marketing tool.

I used to know a lab technician, he was skeptical about all this +28% testing and he said he was yet to see a sample even truly going above 30%.

Potency obsession just doesn't make any sense. More means nothing and has nothing to do with quality. Often lower potency is better to maintain a nice balanced effect over time. High THC may only fuck you up and give you a weed hangover. I don't believe there are any benefits to it.

Can you imagine getting obsessed with alcohol VOL % on drinks? Like if illegal +60% VOL moonshine was going to be any better than 5-12% craft beer or quality wine Lol. :biggrin:

Cheers.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I’ve always wondered why, if high thc is the only goal, people don’t just smoke concentrates?

YukonKronic

Check out Ace seeds. Malawi, Golden Tiger, Panama and I think Zamaldelica and Banghi Haze have all tested over 25%.

Even if Zam didn't test that high you should try it. Fuckn Intense when you dig out the right pheno for you. Even if you don't pheno hunt it's pretty wild herbs.

Edit: I realize poster wanted 28%+ but I kind of think just about anything much over 25% has potential within its genetics to find those super potent freaks... it's about finding them and growing them well. Marijuana over 25% THC has only recently become "commonplace" so it stands to reason it will take time for the "freakishly strong" mutations of these plants to be bred into reliable 28%+ THC production lines.... I think? I'm a little fried. Been smoking Ace Golden Tiger :biggrin::dance013:

Edit edit... lol checked... thc was almost 30 in GT others are lower... 20-25 range. My bad

Last edited:

CowboyTed

It's going to boil down to how well it's grown. You can take a Bruce banner seed and grow it in miracle grow in a 90 degree humid room and wind up with 10% thc.

If you want max potency get some of Ace Malawai. If that doesn't float your goat check out the cob curing thread by Tangwana.

Been hearing mint chocolate chip from HSO is really potent. That might be an economical way to go.

Best way to get potent cannabis is to grow it properly.

I suspect that Tangwena would suggest a quick addition to your final sentence: "Best way to get potent cannabis is to grow it properly and then cure and store it properly." Too many people overlook the importance of curing and storage conditions, which will help preserve whatever THC is in the bud, along with the other cannabinoids and terpenes.

People also forget how important terpenes are to the nature of the high we feel: it's not all about THC numbers. Most of them are useless numbers anyway, because the batch the breeder tested is not the batch you will grow. You can bet that the huge majority of breeders market their seeds advertising the THC numbers from an F1 hybrid seed that was grown in perfect conditions, using every trick in the book to boost the resin production. When you grow that same strain, you are probably not going to enjoy the hybrid vigor of an F1 plant, nor will you be able to duplicate the growing conditions, or even know what those conditions were, that produced the elevated THC numbers.

I suspect a lot of the reason that people complain about the "dull" nature of the high they get from dispensary bud results from the speed with which the dispensaries are growing/drying/curing the bud in a rush to get it onto the shelves. If the bud has cured as little as two weeks, which is the norm around Denver, that helps explain why the high is dull and the bud all smells nice, but tastes like nothing when you smoke it.

CowboyTed

I agree, that Zamaldelica is a special one. Smoking on some of that as I type

I can't wait to try it. Sadly, I only popped one Zam seed in January, and he just showed me his balls and got culled. Time to pop a few more. Maybe some Malawi too, as long as we're on the subject of low-THC strains with exceptionally good highs.
:plant grow:

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Rollins: (Lemon OG x Sour Diesel) x Nigerian
Zelly's Gift: Jack Herer x (Afgoo x Purple Thai x Super Lemon Haze x God Bud)
Pretty good.

Mountainkush

I can't wait to try it. Sadly, I only popped one Zam seed in January, and he just showed me his balls and got culled. Time to pop a few more. Maybe some Malawi too, as long as we're on the subject of low-THC strains with exceptionally good highs.
:plant grow:

Mine was a fem but dropper a single male preflower at the base of each 16 colas. Took them off and it was fine till week 13 when it started throwing bananas. Didn’t affect anything though and it’s incredible smoke.

JetLife175

Veteran
I wouldn't be paying too much attention to the numbers. Some cuts that considerably test lower than 30% hit me harder than these high thc varieties. smoke some hash if you need it that rich. Lol

insomniac_AU

THC = Overhyped, as there's more to consider.
I wouldn't be paying too much attention to the numbers. Some cuts that considerably test lower than 30% hit me harder than these high thc varieties. smoke some hash if you need it that rich. Lol
I agree. I consider myself to have a high tolerance and high doses of THC alone don't get me "high". It's a dead from the neck in both directions feeling. THC just plays one note. You need the whole keyboard to play nice music. Humans are smart but we do not know better than Mother Nature. Is it just that THC was the first cannabinoid discovered so everyone is fixated on that?

St. Phatty

I’ve always wondered why, if high thc is the only goal, people don’t just smoke concentrates?

I like Organic Hash.

Good crystally Bud.

I always figure that well grown Cannabis IS like hash.

Fill the bowl up, the trichs smoke it up :woohoo:

That's a lot like Hash.

When I smoke concentrates, sometimes it's TOO MUCH. Like there's a hang-over sort of.

With good bud that doesn't happen.

Are the trichs naturally flammable, if they're dry ?