What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Love is.........Terence McKenna

waveguide

Veteran
i don't want to crap constantly on every thread concerning the counterculture, but i do want to say this once -

was into the forward shit in h.s./college in the 80's, robert anton wilson, reich and leary and p-orridge, zendik, SRL, whatever. then i guess i pissed someone off and the masons started fucking with me, and i found out about tavistock, mkultra, cointelpro, monarch.

..and i actually had a lot of insight into that shit, because i went to a "gifted" school in tucson with a bunch of rich kids from tucson industries.. such as, walter bowart's kids... maybe you should look up walter bowart if you don't know :)

when leary was in town, he stayed at this house. but the thing is, bowart was married into the mellon clan, which is like skull and bones, CIA admin. and leary was staying with the CIA admin side of that union.

so, when i go online, and see leuren moret talking about the dead and tavistock, and leary and the CIA, and cross-reference this with all the rich cryptocrats i know (people who have had their kids killed and stuff) and the tavistock mentality deadheads share with other tavistock groups like indigo children,

...then i have to take theodor herzl's words to heart.. any cultural advocate you can actually see belongs to the competition.. "we will lead every revolution against us.."

if you want to have a cultural revolution, it ought to be against referential authority, and towards autonomy, or areferential authority. mckenna has got decades of cultural pedigrees to be "the man for this mushroom shit" so that practically every american you meet talking about consciousness uses the same vocabulary of terms and ideas.

the best way to avoid being influenced surreptitiously is to adopt this areferential mode. stop honoring referential authority.. pop stars, authors, anything..

mckenna isn't gonig to hip you up to anything you can't discover yourself by engaging in conscionable and constructive processes.. maybe the man hisself is pure love... but that's why they have "porch" or "blue lodge" masons... someone who feels good because they are good.. but only to use as an interface.

no cultural revolution will ever be effective using references handed to it by the opposition.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
...just an alternative method of transportation to the same place.

the outside world is just that. the import is contained within.

not that I disagree about where influence lies or where machinations emerge of nowhere, but that all of 'outside' is a lie proffered to coerce indolence within the spiritual.

McKenna at el. may have been an instrument of the illuminati. it matters not, as listening to his psuedo-psycho-babble needs employment of a peculiar discernment of values to categorize it as such.

we all suffer the new order imposed upon us, yet there are still worlds within where that order has not yet penetrated and further obfuscation of truth is denied.

psychedelics as promulgated by McKenna act to expose not to hide this world within.

psychedelics de rigueur do not a philosophy make.

waveguide

Veteran
well, a good way to tell is to wait around until trichrider posts and informs us all of The Correct Way To Think About Things ;)

be aware of cryptocrats, they're aware of you!

i wanted to keep this short, but i'll tell you... if the day ever comes where eg. the masons are outed as screwing society for hundreds of years, as being "footsoldiers" who go to and fro in society doing the hands-on work of keeping all people malleable and relatively impotent.. if that day ever comes...

..........they are going to deny everything and downplay it like "so what did it matter if he's cia or not?" and five minutes later you'll be patting them on the back and forgiving them.. "i lost my legs in an industrial accident after years of miserable toxic exploitation labour so some fatcat could be rich but it's all okay because you can twist my emotions with infantile reactionary rhetoric better than a 7th grade girl.."

that shit is what they do all day long, for their entire lives, keeping the "littles" heads spun to fuck.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
mckenna isn't gonig to hip you up to anything you can't discover yourself by engaging in conscionable and constructive processes.. maybe the man hisself is pure love... but that's why they have "porch" or "blue lodge" masons... someone who feels good because they are good.. but only to use as an interface.

Terence McKenna was a brilliant man with a lot of original ideas. He was the first person I heard speaking intelligently and passionately about the benefits of psychedelics. I'm glad that I at least had the chance to hear him speak live on the radio when he was still around. There will never be another human being like him.

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
He is the only person that I know of who made it a life mission to 'talk about it'.
Whatever the 'it' may be ......unseen levels of conscienceless , telepathic communication,
Extraterrestrials or whatever trip he was on at the time.
Honesty in this messed up world we live in is rare and should be respected with the highest regard.

Keeping it real will help us earthlings to evolve.

It doesn't sop at apposeable thumbs people.
We are all on the road to find out.
You just have to stay silent long enough to hear the messages that your gut gives you EVERY DAY.
::huggg:

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
He is the only person that I know of who made it a life mission to 'talk about it'.

Other people made that their life mission, like Tim Leary. Terence was the leading voice of the psychedelic movement in the 90s when I was first getting into psychedelics. He opened my mind to a lot of things I had never thought about before then.

His brother Dennis is in the documentary DMT: The Spirit Molecule. On Netflix. He sounds almost like Terence when he's talking about DMT.

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
'naughty librarian' is ashamed to admit that i have never read any Timothy Leary;)
better get on that if i want any street cred around here...

Do not give way.......to astonishment

'so you take,
let us assume,
a 3rd toke,
long.......and slow.
you vapourize,
and you take it in,
and in,
and in,
and there is a sound,
ah, like the crumpling of a plastic bread wrapper,
or the crackling,
or the crackling,
and a tone,
a tone................'

'it sounds so crazy,
is it dangerous?
the answer is,
only if you fear
death by
astonishment.
remember how you laughed
when this possibility was raised,
and a moment will come
that will wipe the smile
from your face.'

'we are all on the cutting edge
and nobody is ahead of anybody else.
clearly we need to transform our language
because our culture is created by our language
and our culture is toxic,
murderous,
and on a downhill bummer.'

FatherEarth

Veteran
Hate em or love em the man was a def the person responsible for the dialect most often used in circles talking of psychedelics. I have an entire library of McKenna and know his journeys to be very similar to my own. I can agree with his notions on most things but others are debatable. My thoughts, ...what's not to love? I'm grateful.

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor

i dont hate him or love him but i do have respect for the fact that he was not scared to talk about things that for some reason seem to be tabu subjects.
he didn't seem to care what people thought of his mental adventures and that is pretty rare even today-more than a decade after his death.

Latest posts

Latest posts