What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The search for a proper recovery pump..

Yeah those are certainly some sexy, streamlined setups. I see they have a 60L also. I'm thinking of a way I could split the stream coming out of my material column to go into 2 separate 12x12" columns for collection, since I already have most of those parts. I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult...just a valve to flip when the first gets close to full and I'd be recovering from both all the time. And I'd need another shatter platter. My (1200W) heater that warms the shatter platter bath can probably keep up with two of them at once. I'm guessing this dual collection pot method would be the fastest and cheapest way to run 4 trs21's and a 6x48" column at once. Doh! But then I'd have to upgrade my recovery tank again...I can currently only hold 48lb. Maybe I could do a 6x36" material column That would still hold more than my current 4x48" and 48lb might cut it but it would definitely still require more than just one 12x12"+shatter platter for collection.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They have ASME and non. The former is obviously more pricey.

My quotes a few months ago:

Size/non-ASME$/ASME$:
100L/15000/25000
200L/27000/45000
600L/52500/65000

Sooo, you got me curious and I took a look. It appears they've designed their "reactor" around a couple dished heads and a short wrapper, and gotten around the force on a full lid that size, by installing a smaller lid in the top head.

That begs the question of how they are finishing the concentrate, because if they remove all the LPG in the reactor vessel, how will they remove the concentrate, or subsequently maintain a food/pharma quality equipment cleaning standard?

More process data needed.................

The bottom tap suggests that they are using the vessel for gross removal, but draining it off the bottom while it still flows well enough to do so.

Sooo, you got me curious and I took a look. It appears they've designed their "reactor" around a couple dished heads and a short wrapper, and gotten around the force on a full lid that size, by installing a smaller lid in the top head.

That begs the question of how they are finishing the concentrate, because if they remove all the LPG in the reactor vessel, how will they remove the concentrate, or subsequently maintain a food/pharma quality equipment cleaning standard?

More process data needed.................

The bottom tap suggests that they are using the vessel for gross removal, but draining it off the bottom while it still flows well enough to do so.
I've seen guys on IG bump the heat and pressurize the chamber with nitrogen and fill 5 gallon buckets with crude. I imagine with that much material, recovering down to -10ish will still leave enough solvent in the material to flow.

Its time to upgrade, I kept up with this thread since the beginning but still can't decide should I go with Haskel Ext-420-2 or VaporHawg (vaporsmartz)?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sadly, the two horsepower direct drive Pharmgold VaporHawg is no more, unless you can score a used one.

The PDXgold Vaporsmartz is belt drive, with only one horsepower and is rated for R-600/600A only, with a 60 psi over pressure shutoff.

The Haskel is tried and true, and can run any mixture, including straight Propane. WolfWurx also certified systems in OR, WA, CO, NV, and MD using the Haskel.

Oh wow, I didn't realize the VaporSmartz was that much different, heard it was much quieter than a Haskel and would take 2 Haskels to keep up so that sucks... aslo the VS is electric and people are saying its considerably more expensive to get electricity in C1D1 room... Thanks GW, I have much to think about.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh wow, I didn't realize the VaporSmartz was that much different, heard it was much quieter than a Haskel and would take 2 Haskels to keep up so that sucks... aslo the VS is electric and people are saying its considerably more expensive to get electricity in C1D1 room... Thanks GW, I have much to think about.

The 25 SCFM @ 50 psi air requirements for a Haskel and 22 SCFM @ 80 psi for an Vaccon HVP-300 air ventui vacuum pump are about the same, so using both eliminates the need for electrical in the C1D1 room.

WolfWurk's set our Haskel pumps up to run either single or double stage. They mostly operated in single stage, but occasionally it was necessary to switch to double stage to avoid raising the air pressure over 50 psi.