What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advanced Nutrients, Love it or Hate it, State your claim!

Y

YosemiteSam

The thing is when you look at the actual ingredients all of the major nute makers are using the same stuff. And all of the major nute makers tend to leave out something to hook you on some additive.

Show me one hydro store nute that contains enough S. Hell, most of them don't contain enough Ca and Mg.

I have switched to Scotts Professional Hydro 5/12/26, Calcium Nitrate and bleach and now have the healthiest, most resinous plants I have ever grown. And it cost about 2.5 cents a gallon. I personally feel it is the best, most balanced nute out there (thanks Delta9 and Carl).

Look at ANs ingredients and you actually can get close to that same profile with equal parts of grow/micro/bloom and some epsom salts. I have to assume it would work very well. Still...I hate that they insult my intelligence with their bullshit ads...so I am happy as hell that they aren't actually the be all and end all.

toohighmf

Veteran
Carl carlson should be a mentor here. He knows far more than I do, and I learn so much from his posts. ShroomDr is another. H3ads regiment has pretty much done me solid too.
Simplicity is key. some of AN's products Work, but are not worth the money. Period.

SneakySneaky

Veteran
Lets do a little cost analysis, for a grow of my size (6k) it would cost me over 1000 a month to use their full line, it would yeild slightly more than my organic way and taste TERRIBLE by comparison.

I have used the sensi 2part before, and will never use it again. i dont see a reason to get a few extra ounces at the cost of the quality of your entire crop. id much rather have 6 ozs that are phenomenal than 12 that are mediocre.

To top it off, that extra yeild you get is immediately rendered null and void because of the extra cost of the nutrient. To anybody that uses advanced nutrients, please warn me before u pass me the bowl cause ill skip that round.

If youd like to see for yourself, do a side by side of House and Garden VS Advanced. Look at the overall cost of the nutrient and the final finished quality. Like i stated, id much rather have less of a quality medicine than more of chemically bullshit.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
pulled 7 1/2 lb's off off 3k with pure kush. pure kush is very difficult to even get 1 lb per light. my usual was 1 - 1 1/2 per light.

the only thing i changed with my nutrient regiment was kushy kush.....im sold

toohighmf

Veteran
No one is going to dispute you bro. Was it really just the addition of kushy kush or did you do anything different? Veg longer? Trellis? If you say kushy kush is adding 1+ to your setup, I will have to try it.

krunchbubble

Veteran
No one is going to dispute you bro. Was it really just the addition of kushy kush or did you do anything different? Veg longer? Trellis? If you say kushy kush is adding 1+ to your setup, I will have to try it.

i know, its hard to believe. i swear it was the ONLY thing i changed! the veg may have been a tad bit longer, but not much and would not of effected yield that much....

that run is in my double vert in my signature with asian kush(pure)....

my boy just got done with his pure kush run , doing it stadium style. 3 lb's off of 4k......

C

Carl Carlson

Anyone else seen Docbud's thread on 420magazine.com in which his plants fertilized with Ozmocote Plus crf pellets (cost, roughly 50 cents per plant for the entire life) in Hempy Buckets, blew from the water the plants along side fertilized with AN?

.as for the costs of AN well if you so worried about money perhaps this isnt the field you should be in or perhaps a miracle grow food suits you well ...but that doesnt mean that the more expensive one is any less of a product cause you cant or wont afford to buy it ....once again its choice we all have that choice

Congrats on your choice to throw money away.

krunchbubble

Veteran
Anyone else seen Docbud's thread on 420magazine.com in which his plants fertilized with Ozmocote Plus crf pellets (cost, roughly 50 cents per plant for the entire life) in Hempy Buckets, blew from the water the plants along side fertilized with AN?

where do you get the peters hydro pro? goggle wasn't helping.......

skunktoker

Why ty for that ...but unlike others Im not worried about money I have plenty of it and what I choose to do with it is up to me and as I stated before a great grower can grow great bud with anything if his room is dialed in...all comes down to choice and my money is exactlly that my choice how I wanna spend it tyvm cc................ST

toohighmf

Veteran
Saving money makes money. The more you spend, the less money you will have. Why is that so difficult to understand?

skunktoker

Saving money makes money. The more you spend, the less money you will have. Why is that so difficult to understand?

I guess that all depends on how much of it you have you dont wanna get in a pissing contest with me when it comes to money THMF you would be better off doing that with someone that doesnt have very much ...and besides its my money :tiphat:

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
AN is like a $500 fake rolex. An expensive imitation.

The only innovation they have brought to the canna community is leading the way in proliferation of additives. Its like a cold war arms race, now everyone has 5-10+ additives.

Innovation would be to put all your shit in 1 or 2 bottles, at such a levels that 'additives' would start being detrimental. Call it "No Additives Period"

Copy a basic recipe, take a concepts like substrate inoculation, and divide it into 4+ additives, do the same with carbs, humics, etc.

Use your money to fund advertisements campaigns, while using your consumers as guinea pigs, 'tweeking' (and watering down) the formula every 2-3 years.

Whats not to like?

PS. What the fuck is in connie that makes it impossible to use for veg? Ive seen posts alluding to the situation, but no one says what is in connie causing this. PGR's? Whatever it is, it sounds unnatural, and unlabeled.

toohighmf

Veteran
I'm not having a dick measuring contest either, and it is your money. How you choose to use it will determine how much you will have in the long haul. Tossing it down the toilet isn't a good investment. You know that though, since you have so much money to burn and all:rolleyes:

I'm just a 2 bit washed up nute pusher, who can barely afford ferts, w very little understanding of cannabis nutritional needs, lol. This is the other part I hate about AN. The customer base it tends to attract. "ballers"...

skunktoker

I'm not having a dick measuring contest either, and it is your money. How you choose to use it will determine how much you will have in the long haul. Tossing it down the toilet isn't a good investment. You know that though, since you have so much money to burn and all:rolleyes:

I'm just a 2 bit washed up nute pusher, who can barely afford ferts, w very little understanding of cannabis nutritional needs, lol. This is the other part I hate about AN. The customer base it tends to attract. "ballers"...

Well you should know seeing as how you used to work for them :tiphat:

skunktoker

Actually my next grow I have decided to go with roots organics soul synthetics line ...and its only like 10-15 $$$$ a bottle is there anything that I should know about roots organics that I dont know ..I used the buddha bloom and grow and had great results ...I dont see them advertising very much or making to many bogus claims does this mean thier a great nute ...just wondering cause im gonna try it next ......ST

Latest posts

Latest posts