Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > Pointless to eat edibles when smoking?

Thread Title Search
Pointless to eat edibles when smoking? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2006, 03:41 AM #1
HeresTheDank

HeresTheDank will become famous soon enoughHeresTheDank will become famous soon enough
Pointless to eat edibles when smoking?

A buddy of mine was told from a club that its not good to eat space cakes or other edibles when you're smoking ganja as well because it cancels eachother out. This didnt sound right to me because ive got tore up from a brownie before after smoking a few bowls. Is it true or not?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=81357
HeresTheDank is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:31 AM #2

Man, If people at clubs say shit like that they I wonder if they know much about the plant at all. Yes you can smoke/eat whenever you pease, you will just be high as shit. I eat hash cookies/cake everyonce and a while and it's get to hit a few bowls before it kicks it. Now, If your really really stoned off those cookies it's going to take more smoke to get you to feel anything, if you do.

I find that after the edibles get going you don't need to smoke until you start coming down off the food.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:11 AM #3
tweaked

tweaked is on a distinguished road
medgrade is right: they don't "cancel each other out".

like he said, though, if you are stoned off the cookies you'll have to smoke more for the same effect; likewise if you are smoking on some herb you will have trouble picking out exactly where the smoking buzz ends and the edible buzz begins. so you might not 'feel' like you've gotten as much value from the total product, even though thc concentration in your blood is at appropriate levels.

personally, i'd do one or the other. if you're smoking, especially if you're not used to eating, you will most likely feel like you didn't get very much of a buzz off the herb. like you said though if it's just a 'couple bowls' you'll still get ripped off the food.
tweaked is offline Quote

Old 11-12-2016, 02:16 PM #4
SmokeGanj

SmokeGanj is on a distinguished road
Edibles can be incredibly strong, I'd say there is a point for doing both... sometimes the smoke can help trigger the edible quicker for me. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7676178
SmokeGanj is offline Quote

Old 11-12-2016, 04:27 PM #5
rolandomota

rolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to all
I guess that's true with lower potency edibles you won't get high enough so you smoke and can't get the same high because your body has that edible.
rolandomota is offline Quote

Old 11-12-2016, 09:31 PM #6
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor
Cool Hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeresTheDank View Post
A buddy of mine was told from a club that its not good to eat space cakes or other edibles when you're smoking ganja as well because it cancels eachother out. This didnt sound right to me because ive got tore up from a brownie before after smoking a few bowls. Is it true or not?
I'm a regular Edibles Eater and Weed Smoker They DO NOT cancel each other out.

I usually (everyday) Smoke some weed in the afternoon and into the evening. I eat a 90mg Snickerdoodle Cookie an hour or so before bedtime. If I wake up I might take a few hits.

They both enhance the effects of the other. A nice high from the smoke and a heavy body high from the edibles.

Peace

Prop 215 Compliant
420somewhere is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:40 AM #7
soil margin

soil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of light
I wouldn't say it's pointless to do. But it is if you don't want to take a nap, because you will probably end up doing just that.
soil margin is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:39 AM #8
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by soil margin View Post
I wouldn't say it's pointless to do. But it is if you don't want to take a nap, because you will probably end up doing just that.
True. I feel hung over doing edibles and smoking.....or maybe ultra lethargic.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders of unique quality cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds at down to earth prices; now 11 years running!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 11-16-2016, 04:54 AM #9
stoned40yrs
Ripped since 1965

stoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud of
Yes they cancel each other out. So after eating a bunch of edibles and smoking a shitload of bud you will need to pull out the oil rig and do a bunch of dabs.

"Im down to kick it... Just don't bring any pests with you! Coconutz-2014
stoned40yrs is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:32 AM #10
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor
Cool Go for it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned40yrs View Post
Yes they cancel each other out. So after eating a bunch of edibles and smoking a shitload of bud you will need to pull out the oil rig and do a bunch of dabs.
If I were you I would do a bunch of Dabs

Prop 215 Compliant
420somewhere is offline Quote