What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Soil & Nutrients

L

larry badiner

I suggest getting soil delivered over amazon.com. prepare to pay double then what you would find at a hydro store but its worth it for the peace of mind

also, some soils (happy frog is one) comes with lime added, along with nutes, so all you need to do is water with tap water once a week.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Nice posts @dankfrank.

Bro science is apparently taking over, despite this site being filled with amazing information.

For a quick and easy method, get some promix or something similar and some Botanicare Pure Blend Pro. One bag and two bottles and you will have good results. Tweak it from there.

h.h.

Veteran
:moon:
First time I went to South America I was shocked to find the eggs at the grocery store on the shelves next to the bread, and not in the refrigerated section. Same thing in Central America. So I did some digging (I was working at Health Canada at the time).

If you wash the egg, the inside is likely to get contaminated, so it needs to be refrigerated. They don't wash them so they don't need to be in the fridge.

That's because they wash the bloom off. Salmonella is spread by the hen and is inside the egg.
As you said, "old school". A modern day problem. Most outbreaks can be traced back to factory farming. Modern eggs, you have to cook hard.
Nothing like eggs Benedict though made with freshly laid eggs. The same ones that I occasionally throw in my compost.
Bro science or not.

brown_thumb

RE keeping eggs fresh: I've read that washing with soapy water, drying, the coating with a a very stable vegetable oil helps.

garyw

Manure may germinate weeds

Manure may germinate weeds

I have seen especially horse manure spread on ground and germinate lots of weed seeds.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Horse manure tends to be slightly hydroponic so as long as it's in the shade and lightly watered with a sprinkler, it should work very well. I use to grow huge tomatoes plants in mine.

Latest posts

Latest posts