What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any ideas on how to recover pot from roaches?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OMG, this is too funny for words......

My band plays a regular gig at the same club every Wednesday for almost 10 years. I guess you could call us the house band. Anyway, at some of our gigs we use a confetti cannon to shoot paper confetti onto the dance floor.

Hmmmmm? Confetti canon...... bag of roaches????? My wheels were turning. LOL

We are not in a legal state but the club is very 420 friendly and people are always sitting on the patio smoking pot.

So, last night I took a couple ounces of the roaches and after the last song in our second set, just before our break, I put about an ounce of the roaches in the cannon and shot it onto the dance floor.

Well, I THOUGHT I was shooting onto the dance floor.

However, the extra weight of the roaches vs the paper confetti sent roaches flying across the entire bar, all the way to the back wall.... bonking people in the head and (one girl claimed) hitting people in the eye. LOL

I think people were a little pissed at first but as people started to notice what they were we could hear murmuring and then outright laughter as people started scurrying for the floor, grabbing what they could.

Later on, out back, the entire bar was smoking roaches. LMAO

The club owner was a tiny bit upset but overall, he thought it was hilarious.

Well, that's one ounce down and about 2 pounds to go. LOL

That would get me back into going to bars... :laughing:

BerrySeal

There's a reason why those last few hits off a roach make you cough. Toss that shit.

The first hit is the one that makes me cough... Never understood the "coughing" issue. Lung expansion makes you cough. Not shitty flavors. Shitty flavor makes your face distort and your mouth water up for puke time.. Anyway if the end of the joint is not desirable, grow better weed.

Grind your stems and press them into filters. Make that the new trend next in line to the hemp wick. Then you can smoke the whole thing. Tasting stem is a good way to know you're done. And small time pot growers need to learn how to make money off of scraps like the big boys do.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Just read the entire thread...

I read some ridiculous stuff and some funny stuff, but what I really want to know is::

Why the heck did you even save roaches until you had two pounds of them?!?!

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I was trying to quit smoking so for the past couple years I have been smoking 10 to 20 joints a day. Roaches build up really fast when you do it like that. LOL

I have been vaping a lot more lately so my roach stash is starting to dwindle. Probably only a pound or so left. LOL

I give bags of them to the roadies for setting up my gear when I play. It's better for me than giving a tip and they absolutely love it.

brickweeder

Just bite the bullet and toss them roaches, or better yet, leave em in the bushes by a junior high school.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
^^^ a jr high? Not sure if thats the best idea no one would do that nowdays especially how all schools have cameras and shit. Probably best to drop bags in different place obscurely so unfortunate individuals may find 'em and feel blessed the karma will always come back to you. I would drop thek at parks and anywhere where people who are most likely to smoke will find them and enjoy 'em

brickweeder

^^^ a jr high?... I would drop thek at parks and anywhere where people who are most likely to smoke will find them and enjoy 'em

I stated smoking in jr high, and would have loved to find any kind of pot. Well, maybe not any kind...I probably would have walked away from a bag of skank roaches, but I had some friends that would have been all over that. But my post was really a gag post...I am of the opinion that those roaches really should be chucked.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Could you imagine going to jail for possession of two pounds of roaches?

^^this.
You’d be kicking your own ass around the cell
A friend of mine once got charged and taken to court for just over a gram of resin that they scraped from his bong
Pathetic, but it does happen.

DenverJim

I tried to recover some shit from a mass of junk some guy gave me. its impossible to remove all of the rank smoke smell. But you could go to the Skunk Farm site they have some recipes using heptane ( gasoline ) have to get reagent grade to avoid cancer. Although when I was young the guys from the hills used to drink a glass of gas to get high. It'll wreck your stomach for sure. Its been 50 years and I doubt if either is alive. Here in CO pot is very cheap. Shake is selling for $60. oz. I'd say the instate street price is $30-$50 oz. I mean the shit is as easy to grow as tomatoes. people are starting to realize that grow stores sell a lot of expensive useless shit. I have tents and lights 315's.