What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sex Abuse In The Weed Business

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Wow, there are some really horrible accounts, all totally believable. bump

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
for any women reading this, don't let a stranger blindfold you and drive you into the mountains. seriously isn't this common sense?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Always always always let at least one other trusted person know where you will be.

And if in an area with no cell service...
Ensure there is a land line available in case of emergencies.

You ladies stay safe out there.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are lots of scary bad people out there, have to always be careful no matter who or where you are!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
so your first / only post is a link to a clickbait news site, and you offer no personal commentary.

get out of here with that BS.

weed industry is no worse than any others

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I think the point is, it's just as bad as any others.

people everywhere are relatively similar; most are nice but some are assholes

why would ganja farmers be any different?

sensationalist news articles irritate me. always a hidden agenda..

U

usually

They put way too many primal triggers into that article.

why would ganja farmers be any different?

You have to pick something to compare them to first. Then its easy to say why they would be different or the same.

who says 17-21 year olds of either sex have common sense?

People their age. 50-70 age group going to 17-21 is different rules then 17-21 going to 50-70. Its accepted when old people tell younger people to wait for information or lie to them.

Croissant

I spent some time up that way. It seemed like a fear of being robbed kind of prevented locals from trusting guys in the first place that were seen as outsiders. Also up there the kind of base idea that permeates the air is that they are alternative to status quo social conventions and a lot of stuff gets rationalized as normal in that way. The thing is it is the fetishised "alternative" self identification and its exploitation that I personally witnessed as a the main thing that blinded people and once your sort of in it to go against the tide makes you a target.

What I mean is that people that have been sexually abused don't seem to have any kind of objective perspective on it and often seem to rationalize it away and as alternative as people claim to be up their it is pretty ass backwards as that kind of group rationalization was the status quo in those parts.

I'm glad to see an article like that one blow the lid of that crock of shit that communities up their have been rationakizemg away for a long time.

U

usually

in the context of my post i was comparing them to "people everywhere", i.e. average.

You cant compare everyone to everyone. Adding polar opposite stuff to get an average doesn't work. Its kinda like you could say people who live on a farm are lucky and get to work at home or say people that don't have to grow at home are lucky cause there home is safer. The number of votes you get for either side being right will change each time.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
You cant compare everyone to everyone. Adding polar opposite stuff to get an average doesn't work. Its kinda like you could say people who live on a farm are lucky and get to work at home or say people that don't have to grow at home are lucky cause there home is safer. The number of votes you get for either side being right will change each time.

i was comparing ganja farmers to the average population, my point is that the incidence of sexual abuse is probably about the same in both groups. I will wait until some statistics exist to prove me wrong

U

usually

i was comparing ganja farmers to the average population, my point is that the incidence of sexual abuse is probably about the same in both groups. I will wait until some statistics exist to prove me wrong

Yea thats too much work. Same thing that happens to cops or politicians happens to farmers.
Weight-of-the-World.jpg

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Ive been to hundreds of farms, thousands of grows, had my own 50 man trim crew for 5 years...

I have NEVER experienced or seen anything like what the article is saying...

Nothing even remotely close....

Croissant

Yeah well krunchbuble is we don't want to see it but it doesn't mean its not happening I'm front of us we just might not know how to recognize it and I'm my experience it is much greyer often times than the article makes it out to be.

For example where the article highlights the girl trim crew captains it is often these girls that act as the mean girls team leader then hook up with a guy who organizes parties and then growers show up to meet slash hire the girl and her friends. Their is ussualy some sort of understanding between the grower dudes and the party organizer boyfrimd of the mean girls team captain and her friends sort of follow her orders.those boyfriend of the mean girl team captain tend to get invited to all the parties because they bring party girls. You have probably met people like this but it just we don't attribute the titles pimp, mamasan, and hookers to these people and often they don't to themsels either because they fabricate a famtasy that allows them to do these things to make semse of their lives amd ordinarily and it is often not a tightly run business operation but more like a sort of type of social organization that exists within certain cliques.

The sort of agreement that often happens between one of these types of pimps is doesn't always happen with a male pimp often its those chick team leaders that are the pimps and her friends will basically fuck you if she approves it but first she's going to extract her pound of flesh from you.

The point of the article is the writer is poimtnf this stuff out and even when they do people still don't want to see it and that is the whole point.

Last edited: