What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

🔹🔸🔹First time grow🔸🔹🔸

Tony Montanå1

Hey there people! I was wondering how long I should keep my plants in veg? There going into week 3 and I wanted to do the SOG method, cause I just have25 sq ft, and 5 ft height also so kinda limited space. Im not trying to fly through I just heard SOG is a pretty easy method for getting my feet wet. They all look nice n healthy with at least 4 separate nodes a pc and there's 20 all females and there showing there female signs, not so much hair but stringy green signs without balls. lol. How long should be expecting to keep them in flour..? What would work best for me, any feedback is very much appreciated‼️

Tony Montanå1

I have them in 3 gal pots a little over half full a pc, and I have lemon Death Star, poison Kush, dourban poison and another f1 or f2. Fan blowing fresh air in and another blowing out. They look nice and healthy I just need some advice for my next step��
Thx people!!!

Ingski

Swicth them when they are about half the height that you want them when they are done. They will stretch 2-3x in flower.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
5 foot isn't very high mate... remember to include the pot height in your planning and also how far your lamp needs to be from top of canopy... knowing the strain helps too (might give an idea of how much vertical stretch youre looking at... if it's going to be too much, consider using netting/screen.... even if it doesnt veg into the screen (scrog) you'll still have a way of managing vertical growth.

25 foot on the other hand is a nice size, so make sure you're topping plenty to give your plants a wider structure..

good luck
j

edit: I just read you have mulitple strains, this means different height plants... I really would consider going with a screen and also search the threads for "supercropping" (a training method to help with vertical growth)

Last edited:

Flygpapper

If u wanna do SOG put em in flower by now. SOG=sea of green=a sea with small plants at the same height level. Be sure prune popcorn buds and just focus on main bud. Good luck to you!

Tony Montanå1

If anybody has ANY SUGGESTIONS they would be greatly appreciated!They stayed on veg 4 wKs and just went into flowering 3 days ago. There all around the same height, 12-14 inches maybe a cpl are a bit or smaller but all around about that height. There growing really good to me, seeing it's my first time. I lightly pruned b4 they went into flower so they have all types of branches and leaves. I topped a few too, I did one the pinch method and 2 with nice scissors. I have quite a few so I'm just learning with them and seeing how they react. Any suggestions would be appreciated ��

Tony Montanå1

Strains: Durban Kush, poison Kush and super lemon Death Star. In one of the pictures you can see I had the super L Death Star in just getting some light, she went back to veg were I'm using CFLS, about 8. The flowering ones are under brand new T5’s (4 HO BULBS)

Tony Montanå1

The S*L*D*STAR is the short one with the dark green leaves and burgundy’ish looking stems. She'll stay in veg a couple more wKs, she's staying pretty shor from the looks of it, I didn't top it or anything.

Latest posts

Latest posts