What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

long term storage thread

frostqueen

Having buds compressed in a vacuum seal might be a good thing.

The Malawian technique of tightly rolling buds to ferment for a while in vacuum seal, has been refined by Tangewna in his long-running discussion topic in this forum, and I would highly recommend reading about the amazing results produced by that innovative means of bringing out a truly unique buzz and flavor.

Pretty cool stuff for sure, right? I have some Malawi going right now so I may try it out.

Aside from that, though. I really have zero interest in compressing my buds; I personally just don't care for dense rock-hard flowers. Added to that, I live in a connoisseur town where compressed flowers would be flat-out laughed at if I tried to flip the extra.

Top-shelf flowers are usually cured in and kept in jars, and since vacuum is easily applied to mason jars via a sealer using a cheap attachment...

I am going to try out the oxygen absorbers, as they are said to do the same thing without the vacuum sealer.

PDX Dopesmoker

I just got a lab report back from flower that had harvested at the end of last September and stored at room temp in C-vaults since the were dry:
THCA - 13.4%
THC D9 - 8.3%
CBN - 0.06%

Strain is a sativa leaning Purple Trainwreck, hope these numbers help shed some light on the long term storage issue. This stuff was stored on the dank side and weighs in at a bit over 14% moisture content, not sure how that affects decay over time, but given how the cob cured material turns out it can't be bad.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I just got a lab report back from flower that had harvested at the end of last September and stored at room temp in C-vaults since the were dry:
THCA - 13.4%
THC D9 - 8.3%
CBN - 0.06%

Strain is a sativa leaning Purple Trainwreck, hope these numbers help shed some light on the long term storage issue. This stuff was stored on the dank side and weighs in at a bit over 14% moisture content, not sure how that affects decay over time, but given how the cob cured material turns out it can't be bad.

Do you have a lab report from before they went into the C-Vaults?

HB.