What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Strange" Trichomes :(

early_bird

Veteran
Help, my trichomes gets red/brown from the base.

I would expect them to become amber at the head after getting milky.
But theese trying to confuse me and are getting colored from the trichome-stem upwards.
I didn´t found infos on that.
What does this mean ?

Away from theese confusing trichs, i have mostly clear/cloudy trichrome heads, maybe 5% or less amber.
Pistils are 70 % red, 30% white. Plants are overall healty :)

Plants are Female Seeds C99 at Day 61 of flower, grown in soil, getting plain water from Day 44 now.
Temperature are about 25°C at day, 17 °C at night.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
That seems to be a particularity of that strain, I don't think it means something.
Harvest when most trichomes are cloudy and you got just a little remaining clear and some amber too. Some people harvest at 10-15% amber, others at 40-50% amber, it's all about your preference, more amber means more stoned high (couchlock).

Last edited:

early_bird

Veteran
Thanks for your help, i assumed they just trying to confuse me, i will ignore that and wait till 30 % of the heads are amber :thank you: