What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Great Reggie buds versus Ok dank buds.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
ther other day I got a nice green and super cristly bud. I smoked it. then a few days later I got some really nice darker green buds I call reggies.

and I ended up liking the reggies a whole lot more.
Here is how they compared.

first up is the nice green and super cristly bud. my friend said it was called frostberry and it looked super great, the smell was insanely good. the tast was also good. but the buz was nowhere to be found. maybe like a 30 minute poor buzz.
picture.php

next is the reggie buds I got a few days later. they looked great and were in a nice bud shape still. the smell was good also. the buz was insanely good it was really strong and lasted around 2 hours and made me feel really relaxed and I was laughing at everything on the tv. :)
picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The label you give it has nothing to do with how good it is. Reggies dank, dro, downtown brown, the list goes on. All that matters is the strain, potentcy, and your body. It is either good or it isn't. Probabaly the green bud was shitty grown strain pulled early by someone who has no clue what they are doing, or lets face it they wouldn't be producing shitty weed. The reggies were probably cartel mass produced brick weed, with a much more sativa effect. I imgaine they would have more experience. Lately I have been wanting to see some reggies, it has literally been like 4 years. I want to aquire some and get it tested.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi, both buds look very nice to me, but looks, smell and taste sometimes doesn't mean anything when it comes to the effect. I've had very frosty hash smelling expensive bud that didn't do much and I've had brown seedy brickweed that was super good at a 1/4 of the price.

Peace from Colombia

LOL because urban dictionary is such a good reference! Wow lol.

Dank means wet, very simple.

Call your buds whatever you want, im just letting him know dank means wet in the real world, say dank to anyone you work with or ANYONE over 25 and they will know you are reffering to WET.

"yah bro this some fiyah ass dank, not as hot as that reggie"- is a super educated way to judge your buds!

"this stuff is okay, but the other stuff was much smoother and cleaner burning, and the high was alot stronger, im surprised it was cheaper, it seemed to be alot better grown" is what a normal person would say.

Call your buds whatever you want, and DO reference urban dictionary, it is definitely the new university standard.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^
everywhere ive ever been where "dank" is used to describe marijuana. its been a good thing, positive, like chronic, krypy, heady, DANK

any where im @, there is really no "reggie" weed thats better than homegrown, i guess reggie is like "commercial". comes in bricks, or pressed

^^^
everywhere ive ever been where "dank" is used to describe marijuana. its been a good thing, positive, like chronic, krypy, heady, DANK

Everywhere ive been, its been used to describe WET weed, since DANK means WET.

Its like some kid somewhere heard the term used, and applied it to good bud, but it means WET and here in canada, it is used properly to describe WET weed.

I bet some kid from the states bought a shitload of bc big bud back in the day, and buddy told him it was dank, because it was, but the kid was so used to getting SHIT bone dry mexi brick that he thought the big bud was good and that "dank" meant GOOD!

15 years later all the us kids call good bud dank and us canadians are thinking WTF?!

Look it up in the REAL english dictionary lol

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
stand sideways:
dont get angry @ it, im not mad at the UKers for calling me "mate", just cuz we say things differently down here in US doesnt mean "some kid blah bla this some stupid kid bla bla that"

btw, i call wet weed "swimmers" picked that up in the deep south, ever been there standsideways, canadians certainly wont hear familiar dialects there

stand sideways:
dont get angry @ it, im not mad at the UKers for calling me "mate", just cuz we say things differently down here in US doesnt mean "some kid blah bla this some stupid kid bla bla that"

btw, i call wet weed "swimmers" picked that up in the deep south, ever been there standsideways, canadians certainly wont hear familiar dialects there

Mate is an acceptable word for referring to a person, so if you got mad at a UK guy for calling you mate, it would be as dumb as using the word dank to describe good weed.

Ive been to the southern states a few times, and as such, ive heard a whole lot of ridiculous grammar down there.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/mate

See DANK is a synonym for WET

Just as MATE is a synonym for FRIEND, or someone you share an interest with.

However DANK is not a synonym for anything but WET or DAMP ;)

Lezzz b onnest, yalls edumicashun aint up to them pars for tha corse ;)

Dont b mad mate ;)

T

trichster

Dank in the states means smelly awesome looking buds. It also can mean that something stinks badly from getting wet like a dank wet basement, but its not used like that much anymore. There is books out with dank in the title referring to stinky buds not wet. In the US we call wet buds wet. People have been using dank as a word for awesome weed for 15 years or so. Kids on tour with Phish or Dead cant remember were the first i heard using it.

Prodigygrower

Veteran
Dank = fire bomb ass herb always has as far as I know. Wet bud is just that wet bud the one thing I dnt like is the fact the people use the word kush to mean the same as dank or fire ass herb. I think that is the most retarded thing ever when i say i want some kush i want some fucking kush bubba, og, ghani whatever. I'm tired of some one telling me they have kush and it couldn't be any thing further from kush. I actually call dank loud I want that shit that smells so strong you can almost hear it but dank does not mean wet herb at least not in the us but hey you Canadian's are a il weird so i'm not surprised eh lo just playin hommie lol

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^
thank you!
standsideways: gooey wet herb (65% rh = perfect cure = more moiste than dry, over 50%) is better than dried out, crispy, herb, hence dank means better here.... maybe not in ur neck of the woods, but there is really no use putting people down because the jargon is different.
smoke sumthin, chill out

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dank_book_subcool.jpg

im sure this book describes low quality early harvested, wet unsmokable herb... lol
thanks for bringing that up trichster

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wow what a heated up thread I started.... lol. I love heat. and Im reading a good book called everythings and argument. It talks about how both sides of the discussion can make a good argument.

anyway...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=dank

http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/dank

Bad choice of description, so many US guys associate the word "dank" with good buds, when it should really be associated with prematurely picked or wet buds.
I say both yes and no.
I use the word dank as bud that gets me high as a kite. but it can also mean wet or damp. but in the states we say dank as to super good bud.

LOL because urban dictionary is such a good reference! Wow lol.

Dank means wet, very simple.

Call your buds whatever you want, im just letting him know dank means wet in the real world, say dank to anyone you work with or ANYONE over 25 and they will know you are reffering to WET.

"yah bro this some fiyah ass dank, not as hot as that reggie"- is a super educated way to judge your buds!

"this stuff is okay, but the other stuff was much smoother and cleaner burning, and the high was alot stronger, im surprised it was cheaper, it seemed to be alot better grown" is what a normal person would say.

Call your buds whatever you want, and DO reference urban dictionary, it is definitely the new university standard.
well I call any bud I buy or grow DANK bud, whether it is mexi brick or well grown bud. because i have had both kinds of bud be DANK. and both kinds of bud be CRAP.

^^^

any where im @, there is really no "reggie" weed thats better than homegrown, i guess reggie is like "commercial". comes in bricks, or pressed
yah reggies may be commercial but that dosn't alwase mean it is CRAP bud. and the same thing goes for high doller bud in my hood.

Also 4 summers ago I grew bud that ended up being cheese kind of bud because it smelled just like rotton cheese and it was the best bud i have ever had. IT CAME FROM MEXI BRICK BUD THAT WAS REALLY GOOD. and I grew bud that came from bud that had a very nice smell, bag appeal, and good tast. but the high sucked ass. the buds that came off that plant I grew also had no good high.

so it just goes to show how DANK buds can differ from mexi buds. both in a good and bad way.

In the past I have also bought buds that were sold as reggies because it had seeds in it. but it looked like super good buds.

And thats my opinion on this matter! :)

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ thanks cheesbuds, i still get more of a laugh from "viruses" than what dank means in canadian....

Latest posts

Latest posts