What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hemp Russet Mites!! Help?

RetroGrow

Veteran
dunno if i can even get it that hot in my room, like u said, need a space heater....
if i can ill give it a try, but u sure it doesn't hurt plants? even in flower?

Doesn't hurt them. I did it multiple times in veg and once in EARLY flower. No ill effects whatsoever. Plants didn't even wilt. They seemed to like it. This was in coco and pants were well hydrated. Also plants had been given silica throughout which may help against heat stress. I would try it on a single plant if you are worried. Strain may have something to do with it, but I doubt it.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
A Silica product like PRO-TEKT made a difference for me as well. 2 ml/g and the leaves were extra tough against the BM's Chewing. Not an easy Insect Colony to eradicate..! Use every weapon possible.

Good Luck..

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
late flower damage

late flower damage

after treating in veg w forbid & floramite, then in first two weeks of flowering w spinosad, safer garden fungicide (wetable sulfur) and a lil iso mixed to 50% w. water; most of my room turned out fine, but one or two plants really seemed to be hurt up all thru flowering esp. after week 5. check these pics to help identify hemp russet mites in late flowering:

picture.php

picture.php

hope that helps identify the damage from hemp russet mites, i am 90% sure that is the only pest that i have.

f those lil hemp russet mitesh

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Avinash, that first pic that had the close up to me looked like thrips, the little white worm like guys on the leaf pic. But the other pics point to russet mites. I hope you don't have both. I am not sure so don't take my word for it, but like I sayed I believe the first pic posted is thrips. May be someone else can chime in to make a more informed diagnosis. Hope I'm not right and I don't mean to freak you out, just what I have seen with thrips before. Good luck!

TGT

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
i got sum thats about 1/50th of an inch....
:comfort::comfort:
look like the lil russets but im not sure yet, my microscope camera thing doesnt get close in enough for me to tell, maybe sum1 w more experience can lend a hand.
i definitely noticed a leaf claw similar to the sour bubba leaf shown in this thread, and last run had some lower buds getting "crispy & dry" like i heard broads will do to plants in late flowering...
ill prolly post these pic in the broad mite thread also, right here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=228387&page=31

View ImageView Image

View Image

These are the pics I was talking about. Now that I look at them, to tell if they are thrips I would need to see them closer. But thrips look elongated like that and worm like, so at this distance could be. But, I am not sure.

TGT

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
def not thrips, these lil bugers are waaaaaay smaller than thrips, i am familiar w the damage thrips cause

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Okay, sorry, just a thought. On those pics they look elongated. I've never had russet mites but is that what they look like? I have seen mites in real life, but never even a pic (up close) except yours. Any pics of them up close available?

TGT

eric2028

Veteran
avinash did u beat these things yet? i have bm s and have decent luck with forbid 4f and safer fungicide. i did spot a live one however so im considering throwing avid in the mix

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im pretty confident i have these fuckers at bay yes, used forbid not avid yet....
wettable sulfur, mighty wash, spinosad, iso 50% w water, floramite, i used alot of diff things in rotation

Herbron

These fuckers screwed my crop to hell... Late identification (the buggers are virtually impossible to stop with the naked eye) helps them wreak havoc. In Spain they are a growing problem in indoor gardens, and have wiped out a couple of veteran grower´s entire collections that I know of. I have a feeling that any general indoor climate-pest imbalance can lead to these infernal and loathsome bastards settling in your garden. In my case, it began with a battle with spider mites (that I won), but part of my solution (increasing humidity) gave me fungus gnats, and after using a chemical, non-organic solution for the first time ever, these reprehensible sons of a bitches started to suck the vitality out of my girls. At first I misdiagnosed the problem as an errant male pollinating (pistils turned black-brown) but then the leaves started to dry and curl. Devastating in the end, my only solution is death all around and starting anew...

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
walk through local nursery yard work so on pets can carry them in come in on your clothes

GottaBeGreen

where do all these pests come from?

For real thou? I think pests can come in many ways. But First off, certain soils and CoCo fibers come with bugs due to bad processing management and no pasteurization. From the soil up, they spread to your plant, to your clone you gave away, to the clone your buddy gave away and so on and so on.. A lot of novice growers don't notice bugs till its to late and its all ready been done passed out to the next person/s grow. Boo...

GottaBeGreen

Bugs are everywhere. My rose bushes outside, my Lilac Trees, on myself, my dog, cat, any plant from The Home Depot or Lowes(They will infect every house plant you have and more). Dang, Borg Bugs being created all the time..

Budsworth

Battling these right now. About to do third and final AVID treatment today. Plants perked up the very next day upon first application.

We got them from someone who is VERY reliable. So don't ever believe for one second you shouldn't quarantine and treat before introducing new cuts into your room. The person who gave them to us is a very long time grower and a really nice person to boot. They feel awful about it. But what can you do.

Due diligence, folks...on every single cut you acquire.

GottaBeGreen

Yea I treated twice in a week; 1oz Azamax, 1.5ml avid, 3g Tetra San, 1/2 tbl Dawn Lavender Dishsoap per gallon distilled. Yea I know you should probably do one at a time, a few days apart, ro water, but I don't have the time. So I just mixed up a all in one recipe to knock these f-ing things out. Well, they seem to be gone and the plants have definitely perked back up to almost normal after 2-3 weeks. Now that the plants are almost back to normal, Ill do a preventative spray. I was thinking about hitting the veg with a heavy dose of Neem Oil Spray or my special organic rock fertilizer spray. Or maybe I'll do only one of the components to the original mixture, and then a different one the next treating down the line and so on......I'll probably use the Neem. I have not used Neem yet on this battle but I think its time, mites hate that shit.
Now a days you gotta keep switching up your pesticides if you want them to work properly on your pests.

Latest posts

Latest posts