What's new

new england growers:regional info part 2

supermanlives

Veteran
havent seen my plants since last i took pics. been busy fishing . hope they are ok.gonna leave from maine and go try my luck on the cape. DAVESNOTHERE

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin' good, litebuzz!
Sorry for the bad odds, cc rider. :badday:

My Rocketwrecks are way behind my Biddy's, but I got 7 of 'em fattening up hopefully for a mid-oct wrap.
Leaves are getting into the sativa side.

Biddy's are looking good. Wish I had more than the two. Top is the bigger one, 2nd is the runt, but I'm digging the resin production on her. May have erred in not dusting some pollen on that one.

Applied Serenade for the 1st time today. At this stage of the game, and w/ the rain we've been getting, it's time. Anybody else using it?

Good luck SML fishing. Been sporadic here, but I did get 28 & 22 lb. bass last nite. Bonito haven't gotten too close to shore in any #'s. Lotta small blues about.

litebuzz

sweet lookin buds highlighter!! this is my favorite time of year...fall! i hope everyone gets lots of great buds!

massholebmx: they probably get about 5 hours of direct sun and the rest is indirect. even the indirect measures 10 on the light meter. i must say before i moved them to this spot they were getting more direct sun...but they were also visible from my backyard so i moved them. i think they are pretty happy here. not sure i will do an outdoor grow next year...i've been pretty anti-social this summer. i'm hoping i get enough to last me a long time....although i will probably do an indoor grow over the winter. i'm sure i won't be able to help myself. this is a very addicting hobby...too bad its soooo against the law!!!
i just received some fem seeds from sb....so i'm sure i'll want to grow like 6 plants over the winter.

keep the pics and updates coming new england!!!

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, my favorite time of yr. too. I can't stop taking pictures when I go, and I have to keep myself from visiting every day. (Don't want to beat down the trails too much, or be seen.)
couple shots of Biddy. I'm getting excited by her! She came in 3rd for best sativa @ the Cannabis Cup in '03 (I think), so it'll be interesting to see how she stacks up!

I don't know if it's the late start, but all the Rocketwrecks have no real branching, just budding up along the stalk. Hopefully they'll end up like clubs, but I'm real scared of mold w/ that kind of close-quarters build up. Much prefer a "xmas tree" variety, like the Biddy. Individual branches w/ lot's of air movement between them.

litebuzz, why the anti-social behavor? Paranoid over growing? Yeah, it's sketchy, but ya gotta treat it like another facet of your life and act normal.
Best of luck!

Show & tell, everyone!

supermanlives

Veteran
hey hey hey. heres a few crappy shots. the plants blend in so well that i had to take a few shots just to show its really weed LOL.the last pic is for the rippers,pigs and illegally hunting scum.dave is watching

Last edited:

Brad Lee

ct outdoor first timer

ct outdoor first timer

I went to jamaica at the end of june and started a few seeds from a bag i got there july 1. i live in ct and they started to flower about a week ago, the first week in september. heres a few shots

any suggestions or comments are welcome

thank you and good luck

Brad Lee

oh i forgot to mention:
some soil i got from under my compost heap
miracle grow shake and feed early and now some miracle grow bloom boost
maybe a three gallon pot

i know i know, so much for the organics

Nickcorp187

Here is a collection of a few different outdoor plants from this season. The cold weather is starting and gray mold is appearing. I just hope simple dilegence will be enough to keep up with it. When it gets infected too bad with bugs or mold I have had to harvest infected kolas a couple weeks early with not too much lose of potency.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome Brad Lee & Nickcorp187! :wave:

Brad Lee, that girl sure is big for starting in July, must be the chemicals, lol!
Hopefully she'll finish before frost. Being potted, it would be easy to bring to a warmer environment at nite.(as well as safekeeping from thieves!) If you can't do that, you should maybe dig a hole to sink the pot into, help insulate it.

Nick, LOVE the purple! What's the strain? I miss my Purple Peace, and would love to grow a potent purple next yr.
Love seeing a "fenceful" garden, but you be extra careful & safe.
You might want to try Serenade for the grey mold. I'm using it for the 1st time this yr. but SML has used it in past yrs.

You guys keep showing us your progress!

Went to the plot today to apply Serenade. Had gotten some good rain last few days.
As I descended down from the woods, I could see my plants 'cause of the yellow leaves standing out. Picked those! The Biddy's were especially ready for Serenade, they've fattened right up and I'm seeing the 1st brown pistils.
I'm thinking they'll be done within 2 wks. The branches I pollenated have a good amount of swollen calyx's. :smile:

The Rocketwrecks are behind a few wks, but good consistant growth every visit.
They have all started to branch abit at the btms. Still feeding them w/ Neptune's Harvest seaweed fert 0-0-1 for a few more weeks, but the Biddy's are done w/ ferts.
They pretty much all have the same structure-

KEEP SHOWING, NEW ENGLAND!

litebuzz

looking mighty fine there highlighter! isn't this the best!
i hope mine really fatten up in the next few weeks...not that i'm complaining...but hey a gal can wish for the moon right?

here's a little update. i did sneak a vap off one of my big ones....ooooh i'm gonna be liking that! :woohoo:

Brad Lee

Thanks for the advice hightlighter.

Unfortunately bringing it in is not an option.
Is the cold weather bad for the plant as well or do I only have to worry about the frost?

At any rate, Great looking plants everyone and respect to all the new england growers!

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Holy shit, litebuzz, the "grove" is rockin! Pretty fabulous for a 1st timer!
You have much reason to be happy! :smile:

Brad Lee, the weed can take some real cold. Growth will slow, leaves will die, but it'll take one or two killing frosts to do them in.(and you don't want that. Beautiful buds turned to mush) Insulating the roots by sinking your pot in the ground will help keep her going on the real cold nights. also bundle up a bunch of loose leaves (or real mulch for that matter) @ the base of your plants for further insulation.

Nickcorp187

Whats up Highlighter The purple strains are both from Nirvana first one is Papaya, third and fourth pic are of white rhino. Very suprised the amount of purple I got I think it is the cooler night temps we been having. Just cut most of them down so will have some drying and dried pics up soon.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, that's wild White Rhino going purple! Got an unopened pack of them stashed away too many yrs now. I bet those were mold magnets!
Usually purpling from cold hits the leaves, and if on the calyxes like yours, genetic.

Fed the rocketwrecks the seaweed feed tonite. The smaller Biddy looks done! Have to bring out my mag. glass and check out the trichs. I'm psyched!
Shots of her from the weekend:

supermanlives

Veteran
went and visited a few plots. lots of toppled plants. did some staking and tying. noticed small amount of mold forming. might be taking em early if it progresses rapidly. i usually dont loose much at all to mold.

TheBoar

Here's a few photos from a couple of weeks ago, I took them down yesterday as they were starting to show a little mold, I 'll post a couple more photo's when it's dry......Good luck everybody

ramero420

PLEASE HELP ASAP

PLEASE HELP ASAP

Hey there everyone, i made a post a while back asking for advice with some outdoor plants that i started pretty late due to all of the rain. i lost my frequent access to the internet so i stopped coming to the forums, so this is only my second post. i am back now because i had some pictures sent to me of my smallest plant by my "partner" and i noticed something that concerns me. it appears there is some gray mold on some of the leaves, but i am told that it was not on the buds. here is a picture of them, i have circled the areas in red... the pic is kinda small and i have another pic that is bigger its just not on this computer. if you need a bigger picture let me know and i will post it. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ramero420, hard to say by the size of the photo, but the plants in the top left look like they have powdery mildew, so that would be my guess. Also, the dead plant stalk in the left foreground looks diseased and should be gotten rid of. Best wishes, and if you can, post a better shot.

Superb plants TheBoar! Do you know the strains? Corn bud?, lol!

Keep 'em coming, folks! Nothing beats 'show & tell' this time of year!