Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Smoking Devices and Accessories > I want to buy a pocket sized Vape.

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Zamnesia
I want to buy a pocket sized Vape. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2018, 04:47 AM #61
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant future
I got the Fury 2 with bubbler. Nice improvement over the Magic Flight Box. Quick to heat up and LED turns green to let you know. All I taste is the bud on the hits which are much easier to get than the MFB.

High is not like smoking but has less burnout after I come down. More cerebral than smoking. Smoking kind of smacks you in the face which is nice when you feel like it. Nice to have other options too.
yesum is offline Quote

Old 08-17-2018, 06:16 AM #62
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesum View Post
I got the Fury 2 with bubbler. Nice improvement over the Magic Flight Box. Quick to heat up and LED turns green to let you know. All I taste is the bud on the hits which are much easier to get than the MFB.

High is not like smoking but has less burnout after I come down. More cerebral than smoking. Smoking kind of smacks you in the face which is nice when you feel like it. Nice to have other options too.

One thing to remember with vaping is that you have some control over the type of high. Different terps vape at different temperatures and different terps provide different effects.

You can't always get just what you want but sometimes, by adjusting the temperature, you can 'fine tune' your effects to suit your wants and needs.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:39 AM #63
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant future
Good idea on the temps. I have just left it at 400 F for now. I suppose the higher you go the more it gets like smoking. It tops out at 430 F. Very easy to adjust the temps, a few taps of the buttons with display showing you the temps.

Thanks to the members here who recommended this vape. So many to choose from these days.
yesum is offline Quote

Old 08-19-2018, 06:46 PM #64
clearheaded

clearheaded has a spectacular aura aboutclearheaded has a spectacular aura aboutclearheaded has a spectacular aura aboutclearheaded has a spectacular aura aboutclearheaded has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Thang View Post
Hello Cheesebuds, I want to add a note of caution that I wish someone had done when I first bought a vaporizer, the Airizer Air, a while back.

At the time I bought that first vape, I had no idea that for an unknown percentage of vape users, it is absolutely VITAL that they ONLY vape through a bubbler, because if they do not bubble that vapor through water, they may suffer a life-threatening episode.

I found this fact out the hard way when I started to use my Airizer Air without bothering to use a bubbler setup with it. The result was that the dry vapor inflicted one of the very worst lung traumas I have EVER had the misfortune of experiencing.

Hours after taking a series of drags of that hot dry vapor, my lungs flooded with fluid, and I rushed to a hospital, where I was prescribed a strong regime of antibiotics that took a few days to bring me back from the brink.

I will never forget the feeling of abject terror that just overwhelmed me when I discovered that I was drowning in my own lung fluids, on dry land. Of course I did not attempt to vape for a long time after that horrible experience, and before I resumed using the Airizer, I read up on the FC forum, and there, buried amidst a sea of forum posts, was that dire warning that dry vapor can trigger really serious effects in some people.

You are looking for a portable vape, and yes, if you add a bubble to any vape, it won't be as portable as it was without the bubbler, HOWEVER, if you are one of the few unlucky people like me whose system cannot tolerate dry vapor, then you will be doing yourself a HUGE favor by vaping at home with a bubbler connected at all times.

One day, the laws will catch up with rapidly evolving vape technology, and when it does, a requirement will be introduced for all vape vendors to recommend a bubbler for ALL their products, given the mortal risks some people may face by inhaling dry vapor.

Forgive the negative tone of this post, but as a toker who damn near died from vaping without a bubbler, I feel a sense of obligation to share this caution with forum readers here.

All the best with your new vape
interesting, would be neat to learn how vape caused spontanious infection ? perhaps just irritated ur infected lungs? do u live in a humid part of the world? possible mold in ur enviro?
clearheaded is offline Quote

Old 08-23-2018, 07:05 AM #65
Swamp Thang

Swamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really nice
Clear Headed I sure wish I knew for sure why I had that terrible reaction to using a vape with no bubbler. One thing I will never forget is how absolutely terrifying it is to find oneself unable to breathe, and that feeling of drowning in my own lung fluids is one I never want to experience again for as long as I live.

This sort of life-threatening event does not happen to the vast majority of vape users, and it is a minor hassle setting up my huge stainless steel bubbler every time I go to use my Airizer vape, but after that incident, I would never dream of using any vape without routing the vapor through a good depth of water first.

The good news is that by simply using a bubbler during every vape session, I have never had that nightmare happen again, even after hundreds of vape sessions over the past few years. So, to be on the safe side, I would highly recommend using a bubbler for ALL who intend to use a vaporizer of any description.

Old 08-24-2018, 04:30 AM #66
Midnight Tokar

Midnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of light
Not trying to discount your experience but.........vapor is not dry. Just by definition vapor is moisture.
Are you sure that something else (pesticides?) didn't caused your reaction?
Midnight Tokar is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-24-2018, 01:47 PM #67
Swamp Thang

Swamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Tokar View Post
Not trying to discount your experience but.........vapor is not dry. Just by definition vapor is moisture.
Are you sure that something else (pesticides?) didn't caused your reaction?
I would have suspected chemical contamination if the weed that triggered that reaction had been purchased, but I have grown my own stash organically, using no chemicals or fertilizers, for nearly a decade now, so I am certain that neither mold nor chemicals were present even in trace amounts.

My speculation is that an unlucky few people like me have to use a bubbler to increase the moisture content of the vapor they inhale, perhaps due to some rare inherited weakness in their lungs. Oddly enough I never suffered this sort of reaction from toking the same home-grown bud in old-school joints over the years before I bought my first vaporizer.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:55 PM #68
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
I didn't read all the posts to see if the vape was new or not, so excuse me if it's been mentioned but...If the vape was new, I would say it still had machine oil on it or some other residual.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:52 PM #69
yardgrazer

yardgrazer is a jewel in the roughyardgrazer is a jewel in the roughyardgrazer is a jewel in the roughyardgrazer is a jewel in the roughyardgrazer is a jewel in the roughyardgrazer is a jewel in the rough
If you don't mind me asking, ST, do you have asthma?

I don't have asthma, but with some vaporizers I've used in the past I've noticed I had a mild mucous response after vaping (thus far haven't had much of an issue with my Pax). Curious if you had an extreme version of that response.
yardgrazer is offline Quote

Old 08-24-2018, 09:22 PM #70
Swamp Thang

Ringodoggie you may indeed have solved the mystery. The Airizer Air was brand new, though I did follow the recommendation given at the FC forum, to run a couple of burn cycles before inhaling from a new vaporizer, to get rid of the plastic smell, and to burn of any oil residue left over from the manufacturing process. Could be I did not repeat those burn cycles enough times to properly vent off all the factory gases, in my haste to try vaping for the first time ever.

Yardgrazer I do indeed have family members that suffer from asthma, which is hereditary, even though I have never been diagnosed with asthma myself. That said, the shortness of breath I experienced on that day was very similar to a symptom of asthma, even though that was the first and only time thus far, that I suffered that way.

All told, I find that using a bubbler has worked for me, so I always go to the trouble of hooking one up. I have never used a vape without a bubbler since that incident. Playing it safe, I guess, in the absence of a confirmed reason for that episode.

1 members found this post helpful.