Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > COLUMBIA USING DRONES TO SPRAY GLYSOPHATE ON JUNGLE TO ERADICATE COCA PLANTS

Thread Title Search
COLUMBIA USING DRONES TO SPRAY GLYSOPHATE ON JUNGLE TO ERADICATE COCA PLANTS Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2018, 11:26 PM #1
therevverend

therevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud of
COLUMBIA USING DRONES TO SPRAY GLYSOPHATE ON JUNGLE TO ERADICATE COCA PLANTS

The story is from June.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...Name=worldNews

Aerial fumigation was suspended in 2015 because of the cancer risk from Round Up. The Columbian president is leaving office in August. Their plan is to eradicate 110,000 hectares (271,816 acres) of coca plants. Plus untold numbers of other native plants, farmer's crops, rivers, lakes, and wells.
therevverend is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2018, 01:33 AM #2
mr.brunch

mr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond repute
Nasty shit. Surely it would be better to address the problems that cause people to risk growing coke in the first place.
Hopefully farmers can benefit from the future cannabis market in some way. I’d buy some fairtrade Colombian buds.

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Originally posted by jimmy cliff:

So I'll keep on fighting for the things I want,
Though I know that when you're dead you're gone.
But I'd rather be a free man in my grave,
Than living as a puppet or a slave.
So as soon as the sun
Will shine,
I'm gonna get my share of
What's mine.
And then the harder they come ,
The harder they fall,
One and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.
Current: seedsman Power Africa- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355286
Current: seedsman Girl Scout crack- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355287
Current: real gorilla seeds dosidos #1-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=356370
Current: real gorilla seeds dosidos#1 run 2-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=356370
mr.brunch is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2018, 03:07 AM #3
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Follow the money. Almost guaranteed there are coca plant producers who benefit from their neighbors being wiped out.

As long as there is prohibition, there will continue to be death and suffering by the people.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2018, 03:55 AM #4
Satyros

Satyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really nice
Coke depends on petroleum, I don't think there is a way to make it without, all you would get is coca leaf which is hardly a drug.

Bombardment of herbicides/pesticides is up among the most disgusting things ever done.

And yes, probably politically motivated to favor some cartel over another, no matter the cost. Colombia is so complex, it is very difficult for an outsider to understand.
Satyros is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:47 AM #5
igrowone

igrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant future
got me to reading, really awful sounding ecological warfare
but guess what? 2 can play the game - roundup resistant coca
boliviana negra, a mysterious new cultivar of coca, roundup ready and has better yields
not a coke fan myself, but i find this kind of funny

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:04 PM #6
ahortator

ahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to allahortator is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by igrowone View Post
boliviana negra, a mysterious new cultivar of coca, roundup ready and has better yields
They really need a change in their USA puppet goverment. But instead that they voted for their new president! Which is the Uribe's doll!

I have remebered something. A few years ago I was strolling beside the railroad looking for some little Agave plants. Here it was common to grow Agave at the sides of the railroad as a natural fence for cows. But I only found a barren waste with no vegetal life.

I found a man there and I asked him what have happened because that place was full of Agave plants a few months ago. He told me there have been sprayed that bloody Round-Up to kill all the Agaves and Eucalyptus growing there. There were even the empty Round-Up plastic containers thrown there.

Walking alongside the rail road I found something really funny growing there as if Round-Up were a simple fertilizer for its growth. There were two beautiful purple petals poppies (Papaver somniferum ssp. setigerum) growing there

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:26 PM #7
clearheaded

clearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the rough
This will be interesting since the case on monsanto has been decided glyphosate causes cancer. Some types anyway.
clearheaded is offline Quote

Old 08-19-2018, 07:19 PM #8
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by igrowone View Post
If this is true, then the link will be found and documented eventually. The link between who is growing the glyphosate-resistant coca, and how much they had to pay in bribes for the spraying of their competitors.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.