Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Organics for Beginners

Thread Title Search
Organics for Beginners Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2018, 06:47 PM #5641
PaulieWaulie

PaulieWaulie is just really nicePaulieWaulie is just really nicePaulieWaulie is just really nicePaulieWaulie is just really nicePaulieWaulie is just really nicePaulieWaulie is just really nicePaulieWaulie is just really nicePaulieWaulie is just really nicePaulieWaulie is just really nicePaulieWaulie is just really nicePaulieWaulie is just really nice
I stopped worrying since I watched this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgvlE8YM1xI&t=31s
PaulieWaulie is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:11 PM #5642
justiceman

justiceman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by h.h. View Post
Too much worry over chlorimine. Use any organic matter,activated charcoal filters, spray it in the air, let it sit, run it through rusty pipes, or do nothing at all. There just isn't that much in your water. The water company hates spending money on anything but water. They use a minimal amount, just to get it to your meter.
Exactly. Way too much worry over it. If it made as big of an impact as cannabis growers seem to think it does then everyone's vegetable and ornamental gardens across the nation would be in poor health and that's just not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieWaulie View Post
I stopped worrying since I watched this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgvlE8YM1xI&t=31s
That's a solid vid. Good post.
justiceman is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:50 PM #5643
noknees

noknees is on a distinguished road
thx guys!

this just keeps on sounding better to me in general.
noknees is offline Quote

Old 07-15-2018, 06:05 PM #5644
h.h.

h.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of light
Now that we're over the worry, chlorimide can form some unwanted compounds when it comes in contact with organic matter.

While very, very, very minimal, there is little good reason in my mind for not using a good charcoal filter.

Quote:
it’s mighty sad when average health has declined to the point that people become fatally ill from exposure to a little animal shit.
Solomon, Steve; Reinheimer, Erica (2012-12-04). The Intelligent Gardener: Growing Nutrient Dense Food (p. 271). New Society Publishers. Kindle Edition.
h.h. is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:43 PM #5645
noknees

noknees is on a distinguished road
anyone care to school me on KIS stuff, are their soils (Biochar) what they claim?
noknees is offline Quote

Old 08-02-2018, 11:10 PM #5646
justiceman

justiceman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by noknees View Post
anyone care to school me on KIS stuff, are their soils (Biochar) what they claim?

I just looked up the soil. It seems to be pretty solid to me judging by the ingredient list.
Quote:
Black Owl Biochar, Alaskan Spaghnum Peat Moss, Oly Mountain Fish Compost, Earthworm Castings, Volcanic Pumice, KIS Organics Microbe Catalyst, Gaia Green Canadian Glacial Rock Dust, Cascade Minerals Basalt, Calphos Soft Rock Phosphate, Pacific Pearl Oyster Shell Powder, Organic Alfalfa Meal, Organic Fish Bone Meal, Organic Crustacean Meal, Acadian Kelp Meal (ascophyllum nodosum), Ahimsa Organics Neem Cake, Ahimsa Organics Karanja Cake, Organic Fish Meal, Organic Feather Meal, Organic Steamed Bone Meal, Natural Calcite, Ag Lime, Mycorrhiza*, and Beneficial Microbes.

Only way to really tell is to give it a shot. Maybe someone else will chime in who has used it.
justiceman is offline Quote

Old 08-03-2018, 02:05 AM #5647
CannaRed

CannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by noknees View Post
Tad hussy knows his shit. Try listening to his podcast the kis organics cannabis cultivation and science podcast. Excellent interviews full of great grow knowledge.

Tad is also a member here at icmag. Learn from him.
CannaRed is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:25 PM #5648
Metatron
Transient Jet Lagged Ecto Mimed Bison

Metatron will become famous soon enough
Long story short...the house I've moved into has a pigeon infestation problem. I have copious amounts of pigeon shit on the side of my house, it lands on concrete and use a blower to "clean" it off.

Anyways so I have extra pigeon poop, can I do something productive with this? Like throw it into the compost pile or even make tea with it? I've yet to try...

TIA

Old 08-04-2018, 02:37 AM #5649
CannaRed

CannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metatron View Post
Long story short...the house I've moved into has a pigeon infestation problem. I have copious amounts of pigeon shit on the side of my house, it lands on concrete and use a blower to "clean" it off.

Anyways so I have extra pigeon poop, can I do something productive with this? Like throw it into the compost pile or even make tea with it? I've yet to try...

TIA
I would compost it first. I'm sure you don't have to, but it would help to go through a hot compost cycle just in case there is any bad pathogens from your fine feathered friends.
CannaRed is offline Quote

Old 08-04-2018, 02:49 AM #5650
DoubleTripleOG
Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire

DoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metatron View Post

TIA
Pigeon's are some of the filthiest, most disease carrying animals on the planet. I personally would never use their shit on anything. But that's just me. Could be perfectly fine to use.

Photosynthetically active radiation, often abbreviated PAR, designates the spectral range (wave band) of solar radiation from 400 to 700 nanometers that photosynthetic organisms are able to use in the process of photosynthesis.

I am chemically man-made like the Incredible Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangrownkush View Post
He is mad we all have the cut, supposed to be top secret nuclear bomb recipe cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
you can't get blood out of a stone.
DoubleTripleOG is offline Quote