You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Seeds, Soil and 16 Square Feet

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Seeds, Soil and 16 Square Feet Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2018, 09:29 PM #661
PaulieWaulie

PaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of light
That is pretty. Shame that icmag brings the size and resolution down. I was trying to get a nice closeup view of the thrichome action. Were allowed 117KB here and on Rollitup it is 10 MB. And yes we can go to a 3rd party storage site, and then link the url. But really? common. Maybe its just the camera, youve had some really amazing pictures in this thread in the past. Sorry for the pixel rant. Im still here because of the community :p

Siskiyou, you in the states or canada?
PaulieWaulie is offline Quote

Old 06-24-2018, 12:22 AM #662
Siskiyou

Siskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieWaulie View Post
Update on the granola funk f2's would be nice to see.
Granola Funk f2s

I planted 6 seeds of Granola Funk (GSC forum x Wookie15) and got 6 healthy plants, which turned out to be 4 females and 2 males. I made clones of each plant. While growing and especially while flowering it was readily apparent that a very complex terpene cocktail was being mixed up here. When I would unzip the tent I would get hit in the face with fuelly skunky fruity body odor smells that were borderline unpleasant and definitely intriguing. Both of the male seed plants were culled, but I kept the clone of male who was most sturdy and attractive (GF4).

The 4 females were each unique.

GF1 was least impressive and her clone was culled.
GF2 had the strongest aroma and flavor. Grapefruit, B.O., fuel, light skunk and a hint of something else almost weird. After cure the grapefruit flavor dominates. Medium-light green color, strong stems, a bit stretchy. Good yield.
GF5 had a fuelly, musky smell with light fruit and a fleeting watermelon thing. Strong stems. Buds just a bit leafy but very resin covered. Darkest color with purples and dark greens. Best yield, least stretch.
GF6 strong grapefruit and lavender. Good yield. stretchy with weakish stems. Grapefruit aroma and flavor get clear with a cure.

GF2, GF5 and GF6 all had traits I was interested in so I flowered out the GF4 male along with clones of the three GF females. When the male was close to dropping his pollen, I removed him to another location, where I harvested pollen, collecting it in a paper envelope until I had enough. It doesn't take much. GF4 was then culled. Pollen was then selectively applied to a single branch of each of the females.

The result was healthy looking (but still untested) seeds of GF2xGF4, GF5xGF4 and GF6xGF4 as well as some SFxGF seeds since I had an SF clone in flower at the same time. I am especially interested in the variety of possibilities with these f2s considering their lineage.

Seeds, Soil and 16 Square Feet
Siskiyou is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:25 AM #663
Siskiyou

Siskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to allSiskiyou is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmac1 View Post
Killin it as per usual. Another happy and chunky girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapides View Post
Wow, super chunky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Miner View Post
Seriously gorgeous. I love seeing pictures like these. Thank you and congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash.miles View Post
kudra!
looking great sisk, keep it up
Quote:
Originally Posted by LungCooking View Post
wow fucking nice!

i havent seem such beautiful flowers in a while !!

Thanks Y'all are making me blush. I wish I had a few more BP seeds...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:27 AM #664
Siskiyou

Quote:
Siskiyou, you in the states or canada?

States

Old 06-24-2018, 01:26 AM #665
too-dope

too-dope is just really nicetoo-dope is just really nicetoo-dope is just really nicetoo-dope is just really nicetoo-dope is just really nicetoo-dope is just really nicetoo-dope is just really nicetoo-dope is just really nicetoo-dope is just really nicetoo-dope is just really nicetoo-dope is just really nice
Still coming correct Siskiyou, You're work is always impressive and inspiring. I need to get my own worms going and perhaps rethink how I re-amend. Thanks for the info on granola funk. I have a pack in the fridge, though it may be some time before I can get to it. So many great varieties to explore and only so much space. However, after all I've seen from you and Blazeee on GF it has certainly moved up on the list. Threads like this are what keep me coming back to icmag. Keep up the good work. Peace.
too-dope is offline Quote

Old 06-24-2018, 03:06 AM #666
PaulieWaulie

PaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of light
Excellent update on the GF. Thanks for taking the time to share in such detail. In the 4 years since the start of this thread, you've perfected the whole method of, running all pheno's, evaluating each one, keeping clones of all, and making seeds of each strain for preservation. I really can't think of any way to do it better!
PaulieWaulie is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2018, 10:04 PM #667
Siskiyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by too-dope View Post
Still coming correct Siskiyou, You're work is always impressive and inspiring. I need to get my own worms going and perhaps rethink how I re-amend. Thanks for the info on granola funk. I have a pack in the fridge, though it may be some time before I can get to it. So many great varieties to explore and only so much space. However, after all I've seen from you and Blazeee on GF it has certainly moved up on the list. Threads like this are what keep me coming back to icmag. Keep up the good work. Peace.

Thanks, too-dope. There are a couple more bits of information about Granola Funk that I should add. Although I found three females with traits I was interested in, no "keepers" and I did not hold on to any of the three as clones beyond the making of the f2s.
All 3 GF females have an interesting quality of being just a bit flame resistant even when quite dry. GF5 shows this trait the most. Bowls don't burn very thoroughly if overpacked at all, even when ground fine. In contrast SF grown in the same round and same soil burns to fine white ash that almost disappears. GF will clog your bowl and need to be dug out at the end. One other plant I grew in recent memory shared this hesitancy to burn and it was Space Monkey (GG#4xWookie15). SM and GF both have Wookie15 (BB Lavender x Appalachia) as the father. Since I never noticed this trait in any Appalachia crosses I grew I am suspecting Lavender may be the source.
I find the effect of the GF2 and GF6 to be very upfront and sudden, potent but short lived. GF5 has a definitely heavier effect that creeps up a bit and puts lead weights in my eyelids. Nonetheless I find GF5 tastiest. The other two might be a bit too clearly grapefruity for me. All three are strictly from Terpene City.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:14 PM #668
Siskiyou

Quote:
Excellent update on the GF. Thanks for taking the time to share in such detail. In the 4 years since the start of this thread, you've perfected the whole method of, running all pheno's, evaluating each one, keeping clones of all, and making seeds of each strain for preservation. I really can't think of any way to do it better!

Far from perfected, but thanks. There have been a few plants I never cloned or even tried to reveg that turned out to be spectacular. The one I kick myself most for not keeping was an incredible Blue Tara female that would have become my #1 and would have made seeds with a succession of promising males.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:50 AM #669
Siskiyou

Mothers and daughter. Clones of Soul Food and my first tester of Soul Food x Space Cake from seeds I made this past Fall. SFxSC is at 62 days of flowering. There are 2 SF at 53 and 4 more at 42 days. As a bit of an experiment, the 2 SF at 53 days were given a bit of LST but not topped. 2 of the SF at 42 days were topped once and trained for 5 or 6 tops each. the other 2 at 42 days were not topped or trained at all and were allowed to express their natural form. All six SF clones are being grown in the same soil, same size containers, same round, same lights. All that varies is their training and the two that received LST started flowering a bit earlier. SFxSC is front and center.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:05 AM #670
Siskiyou

I am flowering under my "blurple" LEDs which I love and hate. I love them because they grow good herb, but I hate them because of the light bleaching that occurs on the very tops of flowers. Is this an excess of UV? I have noticed that some strains are more susceptible to the light bleaching than others. I have also noticed that some tops bleach more and others not at all, even when the same distance from the lights. There appear to be "hot spots" under these LEDs. This also makes me wonder about the UV portion of these lights. The bleached part of the bud is usually no more than a bong hit or two and it is only a little ugly and easily discarded. The biggest problem is that it fucks with the exposure on my camera.
SF at 42

SF at 54