What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strongest coconut oil I can make so far

silvi

I am not going to argue with you, I could care less if you agree or not!! If you want to eat it, then by all means! But for the savy folks who know better we won't eat it. Oh by the way most of soy is GMO now a days and that adds another twist, but I digress. Good luck!

silvi

beta

Veteran
I am not going to argue with you, I could care less if you agree or not!! If you want to eat it, then by all means! But for the savy folks who know better we won't eat it. Oh by the way most of soy is GMO now a days and that adds another twist, but I digress. Good luck!

silvi

Of course you aren't going to argue with me, your entire argument is based on BS.

It's a real shocker that you're a GMO fearmonger, too. Apparently you're completely science illiterate.

Gry

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] If soy is bothersome, [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]lecithin can be obtained from sun flowers.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

silvi

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] If soy is bothersome, [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]lecithin can be obtained from sun flowers.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

That's what I use, sunflower no soy!

silvi

militia420

Get outta here with this hogwash. Soy and soy lecithin are perfectly safe and healthy. The Japanese ate *primarily* soy for generations and they're some of the healthiest people on the planet.

You aren't a doctor, stop dispensing medical advice you picked up on InfoWars or whatever.

Regards,
SoyBoy

If the Soy is GMO or hit with pesticides then it most certainly is not something any one can call safe. The Japanese weren't eating genetically modified soy for generations, nor was it hit with pesticides in that time. On the other hand, I personally use non-gmo soy lecithin daily for liposomal vitamin c and I can't say I've ever had problems with the non-gmo form. But every one should handle this on a personal basis since there are many, such as myself, who know first hand what it is like to like with food sensitivities such as thiols, salicylates, oxalates, and so forth. Castigate others when you have your argument together better.

beta

Veteran
If the Soy is GMO or hit with pesticides then it most certainly is not something any one can call safe. The Japanese weren't eating genetically modified soy for generations, nor was it hit with pesticides in that time. On the other hand, I personally use non-gmo soy lecithin daily for liposomal vitamin c and I can't say I've ever had problems with the non-gmo form.

Non-GMO organic soy uses pesticides. *All* agriculture uses pesticides, including Japan back in the day.

SaToRi_GrOwS

That's rad. I use 1 gram of high grade bubble hash or 1 Gram of other sourced concentrate to one ounce of oil. I bring it to 240 to 250 degrees for 45 mins. Or whenever all the bubbles stop and then bam. For the last 5 years or so that has been helping my friends and family with pain and shit like that by just rubbing it on the area for ten mins or so.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I find many stomachs don't process the ground herb as easy as cornstartch.
You'll find toasted brown rice flour works just as well as cornstarch, and digests a lot easier for everyone. ;) Corn is actually rather harmful to an amazing number of people. I expect 40-50 years from now the Corn-centric AG in the US will have spawned studies, documentaries and more on the harm it did to the country these last few decades of ours.

BRF also makes a nice thickener when cooking, with only needing a bit more than you would if using cornstarch. :D

X

xavier7995

Is the alcohol extraction just to get a cleaner starting point, hopefully resulting in an end product that doesnt stink of weed and being dark? Is there a big advantage beyond aesthetics with this method vs. just going straight from buds into coconut oil?

Douglas.Curtis

When you're using fats, I personally would do a slow and low-heat simmer with just the fats and cannabis. The most difficult part is squeezing all of the fats back out of the cannabis. You can rinse the cannabis with super hot water as well, then freeze the water solid for removal from the fats.

X

xavier7995

I add water as i am a bit lazy, but am with you more or less. Regarding squeezing, normally i just use several layers of cheese cloth and just keep twisting until it is as tight as i can get it. Then back into some hot water and repeat until i get minimal return. I was thinking of making some sort of wire mesh basket attached to plates on some clamps so i can really tighten it down to get it all back and it would be much quicker/less messy. Something like a wine press might work well.

Douglas.Curtis

I've seen stainless steel pans, a car jack, a brick and strong cotton cloth work well. Need something you can brace the jack and wad of cannabis against. Something which won't break under pressure. ;)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Personally I find that using clear results in a short, sharp racy high that is "boring", using whole-plant ethanol extract results in a much more balanced and longer-lasting high. Also seems to provide better pain relief as noted by my wife (serious neuropathic pain due to sympathetic nerve disfunction).

The taste is horrible, so I mix the QWET + coconut oil with cornstarch and put into capsules.

My ratio is 1gram QWET : 2ml coconut oil : 6.5g cornstarch
each pill = 750mg of which about 80mg is QWET.

8gram QWET, 16ml coconut oil, 52 gram cornstarch = 100 capsules.
What's the purpose of the corn starch?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I guessed that much :) I make both wet and dry canna pills, never heard of anyone using it, let alone its purpose. Lecithin OTOH is a different story. As a diebetic, the last thing I want is 2g+ of starch per day.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
What's the point of squeezing the last drop?

What's the point of squeezing the last drop?

Strain, let sit... Push the mash hard into a screen strainer and the mash holds some more liquid ... a few drops... so what? Freeze it and give away for brownies.

Spoon will squeegie most through the screen. My $10 WMT rice cooker came with a perfect spoon for squeegie ops..

High powered press?