What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New peat alternative “Pitt moss”

So I’ve been hearing about this new peat replacement called Pitt moss that’s completely sustainable even more so than coco. It’s made it of recycled paper and “secret organic nutrient recipe” supposedly it holds more water than peat and has the aeration of perlite.
Like a lot of new stuff these days it seems too good to be true to me but what the heck I might just buy some to do side by side comparisons with coco and peat. What do you guys think??
I’m wondering what cec is like and starting ph if they’ve added lime or not

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saw that blurb on Shark Tank- Pitt moss has both potting soil amendment and potting soil.
Supposedly no lime added.
Sounds like a great alternative.

Ah didn't see that thread when i searched. I noticed it on buildasoil and started to do some research on it and found very little, their website is super vague and no nutrient profile on any of them. On top of that I'm not quite sure the price is worth it over using peat or coco however it is omri listed. I don't think its worth the trouble maybe if they get their shit together and get the price point down but until then I'm sticking with coco in my mixes.

Latest posts

Latest posts