What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone familiar with uncle festers skunk?

Scrappy-doo

Yeah I'm really squeezing my brain trying to decide what breeder's NL line I want to get. I have a friend who wants to make rso and said I'd order a pack of NL5 for him. Of course I want to be able to enjoy them as well. Currently trying to decide between their NL BLVD f3's and Dr Atomic's NL. Wish Mel's was still available...

ambertrichome

Veteran
Ive got a couple Dr Atomic outside right now, and the plants are really really nice and branchy, but haven't started flowering yet. will be soon though.

Id go for the Dr Atomic Atomic lights.

If I could get them, I would also love to have the Equilibrium Genetics NL5 x NL1. But are available only in California.

pinkus

Veteran
Funny, I was just looking for Mel Frank posts here, and one of the posts he is touting Nirvana northern lights. It was a few years ago, but I might just test a pack or two.

D3pthCharg3

To bad Im broke. Even though I got 10 packs, Id be up for another or 2.

Ive also been wondering what happened to The Nature Farms Instagram page?
Fermentation Taste Tester @thenaturefarm has been gone now for 3-4 days.

Its curious because a guy ( TROLL ) came on RIU, and jumped into a conversation about TNF another member had started, and started talking about how U Mello/TNF... stole many genetics, beat his wife, and me being me, called him out on it for a few back, and forths, and U Mello... TNF PERSONcame on there and set his shit straight, and gave a bunch of people for references that he supposedly stole cuts from ect, and the guy... The guys moniker is Whytewidow.

But the next day, The Nature Farms site was GONE. There is a naturefarmgenetics page, but it is not U Mellos, its just people growing TNF Seeds, and showing results. But its not U Mello.

Sucks, but it seems someone complained to Instagram about him, and its curious we got into a back, and forth, U Mello came there, set the record 10000% Straight, the guy never replied back, and the next day, the site is completely gone.
Ive heard they are cracking down on grow photos ect, and if someone really complained about a specific individual, I can see how they could get shut down.

Its a shame people come on threads spreading lies ect. It really doesn't make sense. Im sure they are really happy in their lives, and with themselves. Its surely a character defect.

And not saying Ive never lied, wont ever lie again ect, but flat out BS lies, Ive NEVER done that. Ive never lied on anyone. Im married to a Filipina woman, and she holds honesty, loyalty, trust worthy to the highest regards, and if I had been a rumor monger/liar, she would never had anything to do with me.

The guy had 100's of photos of some really nice plants, and now its all gone, because of a rat/liar.

Gonna be hard to keep up with future drops, and he has some coming I really want. More than Ill have money for. But I want Hashplant, and Sk18 crosses. These can be KILLER to use as MALES.Im really interested in the Nepali HP x Sk18, and now the Menu is Gone, and was listed on the Instagram page.

I know bro...what the heck?
I'm glad you mentioned his handle, I've been IGing a lot of my Sk18 growing and purchases and he contacted me and said some really negative shit like you mentioned. It's hard to know what's up with this drama. I choose to not feed it..I plant the seeds...see what's up. I have 4 females about to go into flower of a cross I made with the MI Cup Winner Sunshine3 (not 4, haha) as the female with my 2 chosen male selections of Skunk 18 (straight from Master Thai). Also crossed these to Platinum S1 (UDubb x Permafrost) mom as well. I eat my leaves in a nutribullet and I can say this lin's leaves are loud af, like epic, double serrated too (if that really means anything)! Next open seed run will feature these f2d as well as more pure skunks, of course..VIVA LA SKUNK

D3pthCharg3

A LOT of breeders have said OGs are Chem 91 S1s. It’s not bullshit if you believe it, and a lot of people think that’s where OGs come from.

I most humbly submit...is this unheard of? I just ran 91 for the first time earlier this year and I could see this being true. I smoked a nug I hid on myself a few days ago and wondered which OG it was when I found and smoked it...them remembered, oh yeah, thats 91...

D3pthCharg3

Nature Farm Sk18 is NOT a Pure RKS line, and he states as much. He is also trying to more isolate the RKS pheno, but not bottleneck the genetic diversity.

He went through over 400 plants.. M/Fs, to find the very few he wanted to use to try and more isolate the pheno. But not at the expense of genetic diversity. If you followed him, you would know, and you can see every plant, and description hes gong to use in the project.
I simply don't see how he could be any more transparent???
He alsohas the Open Pollination Line, that is nt concerned with isolating the RKS. Hes trying, NOT CLAIMING.

Just like Duke Diamond VA.... He trying too, and I buy his stuff to. Going to start the Local Skunk, and a pack of the UF Sk18 in a few weeks.
1 buddy already went through 3 packs of the UF Sk18, and found a really close 1 as to what 1 would call dead skunk, but most will qualify for skunk spray at the least, and can be smelled down the block if you aint got it contained.

My buddy has it in his concrete basement, and you can smell it out in the yard.

He also has his stuff Phylos Tested to see what it is, and what relatives it may have, of which it has 0000000 Relatives, which Should also Confirm 1 Piece of the Puzzle that the claims it is an OLD STRAIN STAND UP, as it has 00000 Modern Relatives. As in NONE. NADA.
How many strains I wonder can Phylos test, and have 0000, Relatives????? This means it has 000000 modern genetics of any kind, way, shape, or form. So it IS UNMOLESTED from the Modern Gene Pool, which for me, is a HUGE ++++, and should be for anyone wanting to add more vigor/breeding..adding non related genetic material. If its potent, which it is. Its a Win/Win for Breeding.

TNF does not to claim to have RKS, only that there are phenos to be found, but you have to search. It took him 400+ plants to find 4-5 M/F plants that had the traits he was looking for.

Even the 80s Super Sativa Seed Club M9... Sk1.... had to be searched through to find any kind of RKS. It was in the 1984 catalog. M9

Then they bred Thai into it as if you look at the description on Leafy, and Sensi Seeds, you will see they advertise theirs as having Thai in it.

They could also be mistaken, but the Sk18, has 0000 Thai in it.

UF Sk18 has No Such Outcross, and was what was probably used to start breeding the RKS out of it. Maybe not, but its well known Skunkman culled all the RKS/REEK out of it, and outcrossed it for more floral scents.

Sk18 is Before the cross. Sk 18 is Columbian Red/Gold x Acapulco Gold x Mazar I Shariff. No Thai

The Nature Farm Guy is also not the only 1 claiming to be finding some RKS phenos. You may have to search, and Instagram wont let you copy/paste, or I would show grows from others way removed from U Mello, that are finding old school Skunk, and like I said, I could care less if its dead on RKS, as long as it is unmistakenly REEK/SKUNK, eye burning funk.BUt some are reporting RKS phenos.

And even though Elmer Bud and I have squabbles ( I do think he can have good info, but we agree to disagree is how I look at it )

If Im right, he believes the Sk18 may be the line that was stressed tested for stability, and vigor, and is what preceded Sk1.

I believe what we mostly disagree about is the age/origin, and ratman…

But I can tell you I was buying all of this stuff when it first came out in the catalogs,a nd advertised in HT in 84 I believe it was. The stuff was also sent from Santa Barbra Ca. NOT HOLLAND. Cali post mark. So that stuff was inside USA. You sent cash to Holland.

Duke Diamod VA also has a Mother Plant called Pole Cat... Is that a Skunk???

Clackamas COOT has had an original RKS pheno since 1985.

There is also Nothing really Sweet about Sk18 from what I can tell. Its chemical acrid funk, garlic onions, skunk spray, cat piss, with a hint of flowers.

But all in all TNF does not say it is an RKS line, as there NEVR has been a pure RKS line. EVER.

Its also not worth arguing over about whether RKS started in the 80s, as it was already stabilized when ratman brought it to Holland in the early 80s. so that tells ya, it had already had to have been worked, and stabilized, and that takes many generations, and they really werent using HID then. It was the beginning of HID in 1978. I was there. Got the 1st bulb. Came from the Nuclear Sub program, where they were growing veggies in the sub to be more self sufficient.

But the bulb Halide, was really fragile, and they wouldnt Warranty the Shipping. Then 4-5 months later a new more rugged light came out called the Super Nova 1000w. They also had the Octagarden.

I also had the original Isomerizer from 1974, and got caugh making oil by my uncle in my bedroom when I was 16.
Smoke my 1st weed in 1966.
To tell me I didnt see Skunk in the early 70s is uneducated. Grew my 1st plant in 1971. Not Skunk. Oaxacan... Got busted for weed when I was 13 in 71. Started in 66 with my older sisters boyfriend. He was 15.
Thanks brotherman great INFO -- instead of shit slinging you offer something I can learn from.

So glad to hear about the UF tests, makes me even more confident in these crosses. As I chef I look at it in a flavor combining way...what plus what (maybe plus what) equals RKS,,,and that can be many combinations imho. I look at flavor much like I look at color when painting

Hey Elmer???

Any way you know of to get any of the SSSC gear? Ive seen their place on Facebook, and nobodys posted in almost a year, and the site on the net says be back soon since last year.

Any Info???
Duke Diamond VA worked with Bros Grimm, and also uses SSSC/Sk1 in many of his crosses.

Ive got several varieties that use a male Skelly/HP x SSSC Sk

Have 6 packs each of these.

Dominion Skunk
Chem91 va/SSSC x Skelly/SSSC Sk1

Granny Sk
VA Afghani x Skelly/SSSC Sk1

Sis Skunk
Chems Sis x Skelly/SSSC Sk1

Local Skunk
Original Diesel/Cuddlefish HP x Rez Sour Diesel IBL x Skelly/SSC Sk1

The Local Sk was a 150 pack drop, and they lasted about 10 hours. Ive been offered $400 for a pack.

Someone had the Capital G at Auction at Seed O Holics and it went for over $1000 a pack, and the Local, is the best of all of them. Capital G was a big hit at Emeral Cup, and the Local is supposed to be better.

Gave a pack of the Granny to a buddy, and theyre looking, and smelling grea. Theyre a month and a half right nowfrom seed.

Will start 1 pack of the Local, and 1 pack of the Sk18 in 2-3 weeks.

Derg Cora Collective offers SSSC M39 F2s NL5 x Skunk1 derived from original release stock '87 I believe and @therealindican offers Durban Thai Highflyer F3s

As for thenaturefarm his new handle is basically the same if you still havent found it

I most humbly submit...is this unheard of? I just ran 91 for the first time earlier this year and I could see this being true. I smoked a nug I hid on myself a few days ago and wondered which OG it was when I found and smoked it...them remembered, oh yeah, thats 91...

Nspecta just released Chem91 S1s and ran a bunch on IG...he definitely found plants that reminded him of an OG type...not saying that OG is from Chem91 S1s just that it is interesting info

Yeah I'm really squeezing my brain trying to decide what breeder's NL line I want to get. I have a friend who wants to make rso and said I'd order a pack of NL5 for him. Of course I want to be able to enjoy them as well. Currently trying to decide between their NL BLVD f3's and Dr Atomic's NL. Wish Mel's was still available...

Mel's NL5 f5s are definitely still available look up her IG

Digger102

I was told he used to be kinda nice but once he got cancer he went for the money. It shows.

I'm not here to argue with you nor disputing your information on the plant. I wish we could get back to the plant and see some of the Skunk 18's grown by anybody but TNF and get some kind of feedback minus all the bullshit, especially from Felix and Oscar. BUT back to your quote above-----

No shit! You ever had to pay an oncology bill

Digger102

I just want old Super Sativa Seed Club/Nevils/BOEL/Duke Diamond VA genetics. DD VA also has some SSSC genetics. That's my ONLY motivation.

I just like those genetics
Hemphills dad/ or grandfather whatever had some of the best Pitbulls lines there were, and still are. I also like PBs, and have had them most of my 60 years. I also had no idea he was related to THE BOB HEMPHILL/PB BREEDER,a nd I stilldont know if its his dad, or grandfather. Id say GF.

Ive got all kinds of Swami/COOT/BOEL genetics, and am currently running Blue Orca Haze, and Blue Orca x RKS Uruapan, NL5/Hz

So I read the line about "all I want" and it immediately popped in my head I remember people saying shit like that about Boudreaux, Colby and Carver dogs back in the day.

Then I read the paragraph under that and had forgotten all about Hemphill. I read he had good dogs but never got any of that blood. I had Redboy/Jocko dogs with a little Bolio in them.

How is that Blue Orca x RKS/Uruapan? I'm sending off for the Purple Zebra x RKS/Uruapan and Guererro later this week.

Digger102

Bodhi also released some NL redux/throwbacks

I have Bodhi's Northern Lights #5 (#5 Noof x bcsc #5). It wasn't what I was expecting, it wasn't the worst I've ever grown, but there's no desire to pop the last of the beans in my possession. But one day I will try the beans I made crossing the NL#5 to Sonic's Suicide Cheese x Shimla.

When it comes to the Skunk #18, I'm just looking for something to cross to my '78 Mendo Joe Skunk #1's.

To anyone who has the real deal RKS! Everyone looking for it, like myself, isnt trying to make a mint off it, start a seed company or fuck you over. Some people like myself, just want to try it for the first time, and help try to preserve it.

I really hope this thread can get back to Uncle Festers Skunk. Is there a way to get in touch with Master Thai and get beans from him?

ambertrichome

Veteran
The BO x RKS we have going were started late, and so far, look killer.

1 of them has a great structure. As many branches as Ive ever seen on a plant, though at this point the plant is only just starting the 1st hints of budding. The stem rub is also high octane. Really nice terpene smell. Has a Gassy, Fuel sweet smell, with skunk overtones.
It really stretches in flowering, and the side branching is prolific. Very typical Christmas Tree Mexican Sativa structure. Would be huge if started early, and looks like the buds will be very long, and dense. Huge on a really big plant. I plan on taking this 1 inside after its done, and reveg it, if it turns out as good as its looking now.

My PBs are mainly Carver.

Sounds like you had some good dogs too.

Boudreaux had a PB that coholds the world record for a pit fight.
5 hours 23 minutes, only 3 turns, and both dogs lived as both owners decided to throw in the towels. 1st turn didn't come until 3 hours in.

Swami says there is RKS to be found in all of the RKS Hybrids. Purple Zebra may have the most. BO x RKS is probably the earliest outside.

Burt

Veteran
Soooo much hype and BS that it’s plain crazy
Those of us over 50 remember the RKS being on every Dutch cross of the early 90’s
Early girl had it, black domina had it, super skunk had it and those 3 are just the ones I’m certain of from personal experience
Either the moms are long gone or their long gone
Sam is one of the only ones who really knows and he’s being a bit hazy about it
Most likely it’s true that the RKS was an accidental cross like Neville claims and too much inbreeding has made the chances of finding it again 1 in 50,000

Digger102

The BO x RKS we have going were started late, and so far, look killer.

1 of them has a great structure. As many branches as Ive ever seen on a plant, though at this point the plant is only just starting the 1st hints of budding. The stem rub is also high octane. Really nice terpene smell. Has a Gassy, Fuel sweet smell, with skunk overtones.
It really stretches in flowering, and the side branching is prolific. Very typical Christmas Tree Mexican Sativa structure. Would be huge if started early, and looks like the buds will be very long, and dense. Huge on a really big plant. I plan on taking this 1 inside after its done, and reveg it, if it turns out as good as its looking now.

My PBs are mainly Carver.

Sounds like you had some good dogs too.

Boudreaux had a PB that coholds the world record for a pit fight.
5 hours 23 minutes, only 3 turns, and both dogs lived as both owners decided to throw in the towels. 1st turn didn't come until 3 hours in.

Swami says there is RKS to be found in all of the RKS Hybrids. Purple Zebra may have the most. BO x RKS is probably the earliest outside.

I'm very excited to try Swami's gear. Hopefully the Guerrero, Purple Zebra x RKS/Uraupan and Cherry Bomb's will be here quickly.

Yes, I used to have a couple of nice dogs. My younger dogs were direct grand kids off Gr Ch Yellow. And their dame was a Redboy/Jocko/Bolio female but she wasn't off of Yellow but came off of Tant's yard. I've read that story about the 5 hour match but cant recall which dog it was. 20 years ago I was all into bulldogs. Funny how small the bulldog community was at one time. I took a ride to North Carolina for a brother and sister and when I got there picked up some memoribilia, one of which was a flyer advertising the match and what hotels were close. The match was off of Paris Rd, and that runs through Chalmette, Louisiana. I didn't live far from there. Sadly, I lost all that when Hurricane Katrina hit.

Good luck with your Swami gear and with the Nature Farm Skunks.

D3pthCharg3

Excited to see what you fellas get from the Swami gear...Is any of that good stuff available still, not seeing any RKS on his site?

Personally working on some Skunky Brewster by Stray Fox Gardenz (Bodhi's Sterling Skunk x Iraqi) and a cross of my own Sunshine 3 x Uncle Fester. More to come....

ambertrichome

Veteran
RKS never was a stabilized line. Only 1 of many phenotype to be found.

Swamis RKS Male is a hybrid of a 1985 RKS Female clone they took to Michoacán and hybridized it for 30+ years, and it still doesn't throw a majority of RKS phenos.

People on Instagram, and other places are finding RKS phenotypes in these lines with the RKS/Michoacán Male but there are also many plants that are very rank skunk, but there are several phenotypes to be found.
The Nature Farm also has RKS cuts, and is trying to incorporate into a more consistent rank type phenos

Im also not speaking of his Sk18 either. He says for RKS he has better plants vs the Sk18, but the Sk18 is the original genetics to Skunk. Sk18 does have RKS, they are just not common.

Nature farm has old Super Skunk cuts, Black Domina, PNW Hashplant, Lebanese HP, Nepali HP, 89 NL5, 84 NL5, 1979 Romulan, and a whole shit load of others , but just doesn't have them in seed form. Nature Farm guy has more elite cuts that Ive ever seen anyone have, and he posts them. He says he has over 200, and access to many more.

He supplied the 1995 Black Domina cut that won last years 2017 Humboldt Cup, and is also the same cut he supplied to Bob Hemphill of Coastal Seeds/EQgenetics. TNF also supplied them with the original 79 Romulan cut.

Dominion Seed Company is also on the hunt for stabilizing an RKS line, and have many phenos that reek like a MoFo of rotten skunk, and garlic, and onions.
The mother of the Dominion Skunk is called. POLECAT. Just sayin???

All I can tell you is also of this stuff reeks like none other of skunk, and rank funk. It may not be 100% RKS, but I can promise you, it can be smelled all the way down the block if you don't take precautions, and it is NOT a Sweet Floral Smell.

Digger102

RKS never was a stabilized line. Only 1 of many phenotype to be found.

Swamis RKS Male is a hybrid of a 1985 RKS Female clone they took to Michoacán and hybridized it for 30+ years, and it still doesn't throw a majority of RKS phenos.

People on Instagram, and other places are finding RKS phenotypes in these lines with the RKS/Michoacán Male but there are also many plants that are very rank skunk, but there are several phenotypes to be found.
The Nature Farm also has RKS cuts, and is trying to incorporate into a more consistent rank type phenos

Im also not speaking of his Sk18 either. He says for RKS he has better plants vs the Sk18, but the Sk18 is the original genetics to Skunk. Sk18 does have RKS, they are just not common.

Nature farm has old Super Skunk cuts, Black Domina, PNW Hashplant, Lebanese HP, Nepali HP, 89 NL5, 84 NL5, 1979 Romulan, and a whole shit load of others , but just doesn't have them in seed form. Nature Farm guy has more elite cuts that Ive ever seen anyone have, and he posts them. He says he has over 200, and access to many more.

He supplied the 1995 Black Domina cut that won last years 2017 Humboldt Cup, and is also the same cut he supplied to Bob Hemphill of Coastal Seeds/EQgenetics. TNF also supplied them with the original 79 Romulan cut.

Dominion Seed Company is also on the hunt for stabilizing an RKS line, and have many phenos that reek like a MoFo of rotten skunk, and garlic, and onions.
The mother of the Dominion Skunk is called. POLECAT. Just sayin???

All I can tell you is also of this stuff reeks like none other of skunk, and rank funk. It may not be 100% RKS, but I can promise you, it can be smelled all the way down the block if you don't take precautions, and it is NOT a Sweet Floral Smell.

Thank you for all the information! So what you're saying is... Be happy with what you have, and if you get a real RKS from a seed, stop playing the lottery because you already blew your load! LMAO!!

I'm looking forward to running the Purple Zebra x RKS/Uruapan from Swami. Not for road kill, but I'm also interested in the Zazen from Swami because I'd like to get a One cross also.

I hope to get in on the next Nature Farm drop. I'd like something to cross with the few '78 Mendo Joe Skunk #1's I have. For as much as I would like to experience an RKS pheno, a large part of me wants it to come from Skunk beans, not a cross to something else. If that makes sense.