What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need Drippers input … 50 of 10 gal buckets

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
First thing I'd do is have at least 2 separate rezs

Run to waste or recirculating?

Friction losses in the small diameter pipe is going to be against you getting an even feed rate, use biggest pipe you can to get the feed to the feed lines....you'll probably need valves on some to even things out

When you think it's all sorted, you need to find the difference between the nearest and furthest from the pump, run the lines into big measuring jugs and run the pump for a minute, then check the difference

Speed of green

do you know the delivery rate at each plant site you are looking for?

I use diaphragm pumps and pressure compensating drippers, very inexpensive.

you will need to be using water soluble nutrients.

picture.php

Speed of green

i understand. you need to know roughly what you want to deliver per site that way you can work backwards and calculate what size pump you will need.

good luck!

gbauto

I used the pressure compensating blocks and dropper nozzles 28th G/H flora trio. Worked quite well...for awhile, then started to develop restrictions-blockage in line. I also run 5 g. bucket a/gravity return and know I just run the small pump unrestricted to the buckets-works just fine.

DunHav`nFun

Ok bro....I`ll help.....but....I need more info on your room size , how many lights you`ll use so as to figure cooling and environment , and above all.....forget the 10 gal containers....completely unnecessary with recirculating hydro....

I ran 5 gal buckets of lavarocks inside another bucket where the drain was while using air to roots as well , and 2 1/2 lb plants were consistent for a decade.....with concrete slabs cut out for as fast a feed and drain as possible , but it`s not necessary .....so....

I suggest 2 1/2 gal setups like ebb and flow buckets or DIY with proper loopfield manifold for proper fast feed and drain for optimum production in fast hydro continuous recirculating....but....

I strongly suggest you look into "PPK" setups for ease of management with next to zero chance of root rot and or anaerobic rootzone conditions that causes crop loss....anyways....

More info please....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

HqFarms

If you are recirculating your run off, how are you getting the runoff back to the rez? Are you using trays? All I see by your pic is the pots are on the floor

AWDTERROR

You need octobubblers with open tubes and a DAB(company) pump to power the whole thing. Its what all the professionals use and mine literally never fail.
It should be ran by a Galcon irrigation timer