What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Buying and selling weed illegally on Craig's List

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
I live in an illegal state, but when I search on Craig's List under cannabis, there are a lot of ads offering weed and concentrates.

Has anybody had any experience buying weed this way on CL? My paranoid side thinks these must all be sting operations, but my logical side thinks maybe the authorities aren't scanning CL for this kind of stuff.

So, I'd like to hear peoples' experiences, good and bad.

R

Rox

Lots of people offering weed and more on Craigslist in my area... There used to be a certain Topic forum that offered a better selection until it got shutdown...

I would have thought in this day and age bitcoins and the darknet is the place to be for that kind of thing rather than the clearnet?

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
I wouldn't do it in an illegal state. Shit, I've heard of LE using craigslist to get people in CO(big amounts)! They're all over CL..

OP

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wouldn't do it in an illegal state. Shit, I've heard of LE using craigslist to get people in CO(big amounts)! They're all over CL..

OP
True. A few stings here and there...and more to come, I'm sure. CL not a great place to get cannabis (or contraband).

I nearly got laid off Craigslist once; but when she turned up she straight away asked if I had some Meth, and when I said no she left.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Well, I have bought and sold stuff like musical gear and furniture on CL for years without a problem. Just have to have your antennae up, like anytime you're dealing with a stranger.

I don't really have any need to go on CL to buy weed, and I think I agree with shithawk420- I'd probably do without before trying to make a buy on CL.

Even if it wasn't LEO, the chances of getting something good for a fair price are probably next to zero.

I was just curious to find out if I was missing out on something.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
A guy I know ask me..

A guy I know ask me..

A guy I know ask me...so with Prop 420 and all, can I just go to a medical Dispensery and get weed.

I told him to check out Craigslist :party: He really wanted me to give him some weed.

Haha! It's like where did you get your Weed before?

dufous

I've answered a few ads on Craigslist. One guy only had clones for indicas because they finish fast and yield well. He was local and probably legit but not what I wanted. Another guy was very sketchy and entirely unable to discuss strains. A third ad was also local, wanted seeds, which I offered, but never responded back to my offer.

There were lots more ads on Craigslist shortly following MA legalization, until the Boston Globe newspaper published a story about all the ads appearing on Craigslist. Then most of the ads disappeared.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I've answered a few ads on Craigslist. One guy only had clones for indicas because they finish fast and yield well. He was local and probably legit but not what I wanted. Another guy was very sketchy and entirely unable to discuss strains. A third ad was also local, wanted seeds, which I offered, but never responded back to my offer.

There were lots more ads on Craigslist shortly following MA legalization, until the Boston Globe newspaper published a story about all the ads appearing on Craigslist. Then most of the ads disappeared.

130+ marijuana ads on CL Boston now, 60+ listings for cannabis, wonder what it was like before everyone got frightened?:biggrin:

I've found good and bad gear on CL when I've been in a pinch in the past.
I've made connections with really cool people too that I'm still friends with years later who had great buds.

dufous

Chunkypigs, You are doing a broader non-local search than mine and counting many ads are duplicates and mail order, and also Maine and RI ads, and ads that cater only to those with med cards. The point is not the specific number, but the scale. A lot of ads disappeared after the Globe story in December. It's a been a couple of months, and you are right that the number of ads is up again. It's kind of mean and unfair to attack the number and ignore the concept.

130+ marijuana ads on CL Boston now, 60+ listings for cannabis, wonder what it was like before everyone got frightened?:biggrin:

Jellyfish, Recreational is legal, but shops won't open until July 2018. Sales continue to be illegal.

Recreational is legal in Mass., yes?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
You guys u gotta sell zip locks bags or Mason jars for a few hundred each and they come with free buds... just like poisons on eBay... buy the pipette for 40 bucks comes with free sample of avid...

.357 mag

Lots of people offering weed and more on Craigslist in my area... There used to be a certain Topic forum that offered a better selection until it got shutdown...

I would have thought in this day and age bitcoins and the darknet is the place to be for that kind of thing rather than the clearnet?

yup the darknets the way ya wanna go if gonna buy online

done it a few times never got ripped off
getting bitcoins is a bitch though gotta drive an hour to the cash machine to convert cash
only worth it if ur getting weight though