What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LEDS in Europe

Jonhx69

Hi, I'm interested in buy a Led Panel, I was thinking in buy the new Hans Panel of 150w. it costs like 320€, there is any better quality LED retailer in Europe? Thank you ;)

130 Watt Cree XBD and Osram LH-CPDP LED Power, total power consumption max 150 Watt

6 Cree XBD Royal Blue
24 Cree XBD 701 Red
7 Cree XBD White
16 Osram LH-CPDP DeepRed Led's

Grow area: 80*100 cm, 32" * 39"

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
While Hans panels work good for small spaces, IMHO, they are lacking

Cannabis prefer a lot more white diodes than Hans uses

Check out Amare Technologies

They may be a much better buy after the money conversion

The Solar Spec 100 is $295 US

They are certainly a more cannabis friendly led

liagro

Hi, I'm interested in buy a Led Panel, I was thinking in buy the new Hans Panel of 150w. it costs like 320€, there is any better quality LED retailer in Europe? Thank you ;)

130 Watt Cree XBD and Osram LH-CPDP LED Power, total power consumption max 150 Watt

6 Cree XBD Royal Blue
24 Cree XBD 701 Red
7 Cree XBD White
16 Osram LH-CPDP DeepRed Led's

Grow area: 80*100 cm, 32" * 39"

it doesnt exactly fit your area but maybe the ePapillon Hortiled is an option.

this 93W bar uses 72 pcs Osram high power LEDs, driving these LEDs at a much lower current than the Hans Panel insures a much higher efficiency. downside of using more LEDs is pricing.

https://www.growshoponline.nu/verlichting/led/epapillon-hortiled-drwb-93w-high-power-led-module/

Jonhx69

While Hans panels work good for small spaces, IMHO, they are lacking

Cannabis prefer a lot more white diodes than Hans uses

Check out Amare Technologies

They may be a much better buy after the money conversion

The Solar Spec 100 is $295 US

They are certainly a more cannabis friendly led

Thanks but the product its from USA and can't buy it because of taxes, cost of shipping and warranty.

Jonhx69

it doesnt exactly fit your area but maybe the ePapillon Hortiled is an option.

this 93W bar uses 72 pcs Osram high power LEDs, driving these LEDs at a much lower current than the Hans Panel insures a much higher efficiency. downside of using more LEDs is pricing.

https://www.growshoponline.nu/verlichting/led/epapillon-hortiled-drwb-93w-high-power-led-module/

Thanks, it's an interesting option, the problem is that is way more expensive, but it seems powerful.

They said with 4 you can match a 600w HID. but for a 1.600€...

BTW, what is the covering area with one of this bar, I can't find it.

Thank you ;)

Dion

hey bro, im also in the eu, i think because of taxes and handling and prices being crazy here locally i would suggest to make your own led using cree cobs or look into mars hydro from china.

mouser electronics ships internationally for free(over 70 euro purchase i think) so if you want the good stuff you can check that out or just order from china

(i dunno if im allowed to mention companies like petflora seen as im not a doner, mods feel free to delete this post if its breaking any rules)

liagro

Thanks, it's an interesting option, the problem is that is way more expensive, but it seems powerful.

They said with 4 you can match a 600w HID. but for a 1.600€...

BTW, what is the covering area with one of this bar, I can't find it.

Thank you ;)

in a 4 x 1 (1,2 x 0,3 meters) grid the ePapillon HortiLED averages 555 µmol/m2s

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The hans panels are good units, super lightweight too.
What size growspace are you working with? what size footprint do you desire?
If the footprint needs to be larger , you could also look into mars hydro reflector units.

have fun

c

Jonhx69

Hi! I already bought the Epapillon Hortiled 93W. and I asked them about how many units I need to get a yield like the 600W. HID, they told me this:

"You need 3 to 4 pcs to get the same or better yield. (but 3 pcs should be enough so you could try this first)

If you mount 4 pcs you can mount them 20 cm over the canopy, if you mount 3 pcs you can mount them 30 cm over the canopy.

If you have a fan in your room and you direct the airflow to the LED modules the LED modules gain in performance due to the increased cooling."

Graphic with 3 LED modules:

http://imgur.com/nRdfB1O

Graphic with 4 LED modules:

http://imgur.com/jQ60lgT

- Do you think I should get a total of 3? or 4? modules to get a yield close to a 600w hid?

See ya!

az2000

Grow Northern is in England. They just released a new light which looks interesting. They did some novel things.

GN had a good light using Phillips diodes. A lot of people on autoflower.net used it. About a year ago GN announced this new light, quit selling their existing light... and then nothing happened for about 9 months. It took longer to bring the new light to market. During that time they didn't sell any lights. So, it was strange because I didn't think they'd survive. But, they designed an entirely new light. I don't read autoflower.net any more. But, if you're interested in more info about it, you should look there.

az2000

Another decent light in Europe appears to be PlantPhotonics. They use Osram diodes and publish the spectrum they use. (Not a rebranded Chinese epi-whatever light.).

liagro

Another decent light in Europe appears to be PlantPhotonics. They use Osram diodes and publish the spectrum they use. (Not a rebranded Chinese epi-whatever light.).

these guys claim that an Oslon SSL led is a 3watt device.

it isnt!

its a 1watt device which you can run at 3watt as an absolute maximum. but by doing this you loose a big part of its efficiency.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
interesting!

the grow northen is the exact same light as the "dutch passion one", kinda odd having the same light from two different companies, no ?

az2000

interesting!

the grow northen is the exact same light as the "dutch passion one", kinda odd having the same light from two different companies, no ?

It was a joint effort between DP and GN. It's nice to see something unique instead of the typical Chinese rebrands (epi-whatever lights) we normally see under different names (Kind, Lush, HydroGrowLED, GrowBlu, Blackdog, Blackstar).

I'm curious how it grows. The small light opening and the "holographic" diffuser make me wonder how that could be more efficient than the lights spread out over a larger area, without an absorptive lens. They say it (75w) will beat a 250w HPS. I find that hard to believe.

Probably the best place to get info will be autoflower.net. GN had a large following there a year ago.

Diskokobaja

i have a budget of 600e max and i need led for my 1x1x2m tent im from eu..
i was thinkin of buying two 180w hans panels..
or to save money and buy some 3070 cob panel?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
wtf pet?

everytime all u talk about is that company, you work for them right?

Why do you continue to get your panties in a bunch over Amare? Let it go man.

And for clarity- NO, I do not work for them, but they're great lights, AND they now have EU Distributor. That's awesome for those folks, who have been pretty much stuck buying expensive Helios or Blurple junk

If
Transcend Lighting was available to EU, I would have said so. I don't work for them either, but am getting vg results using their 30w 4ft t5 leds

jikko77

if you are not limited in budget, imho, give a look at spectra cob9 or cob4.

is the only one, that i'm aware of, that is built in eu with real cree cob, and the concept on it are the most similar used in diy pannel, a very plus for it is the possibility to get the led upgraded.

if you are budget limited consider some diy work, you can find a lot of nice info on dion's post.