What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2008 Oregon Guerrilla Outdoor Adventure, with your host BACKCOUNTRY

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Hey wally!

I love the fairy slippers, they are perfect little Orchids, and are very picky where they grow.

I think we call them Deer ticks, they could carry Lyme disese, but its not too common in my area. I still don't like to see or feel them.

Nope, the mountain range I am in is very close to the Volcanic Cascade mountain range, and I am sure some ash fell here from eruptions to the east, but the range I am in is a very old worn down range called the Klamath mountains, its close related to the non-volcanic Sierra Nevada mountains of California.
The soil isn't too bad in many of the scattered small valleys(although they often have bad clay problems), but the hills have soils with a tendency to be acidic and poor in Calcium and Nitrogen, but often very friable.

acidfire

Looks good sofar BC.
That trainwreck cross sounds killer!
Heres to a long dry fall. :rasta:

Anyways Ill be watching. :lurk:

acidfire

Hey backcountry!

Nope.
My camera crapped out on me last summer and I have yet to buy a new one.
Ill start one up as soon as I get one though.

Until then heres an update:

I was working on the island for a few months so wasnt able to start my seeds until late march.
The beginning of may I started sexing them.
Sofar i've killed 3 males, which leaves me with:

2 - B3/N7 x Erd/PurT
2 - Taskenti x Erd/PurT
1 - Erdbeer/Alpine Rocket x DP
5 - (Guerilla Gold x DP) x (Erdbeer/Alpine Rocket x DP)
1 - (Astroboy x Sour Bubble) x (Erdbeer/Alpine Rocket x DP)

After they are sexed I will reveg them, reduce their light cycles, then plant them (hopefully) late may.

This year I will also attempt to:
-Clone a devils club.
-Harvest some fruit in hopes of starting some seeds.

Last edited:

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Are you going to plant patches of Devils club to use as camo/protection for future Cannabis crops?

PHL8T ME

I was worried about ya BC! Nary a post all winter? Anyway, another spring is here! I'm starting out with about 120 babies this spring. Last years harvest netted over 5 lbs.!!!! about a dozen vars. By far, the most interesting was SHIVA-talk about making someone stupid/stoned!

I'll keep track, and posta few pics. Good luck this year all, and be safe!

M

mossy

Good Luck on your 08 BC.
I am looking forward to great girls..and great views. :headbange

acidfire

BACKCOUNTRY said:
Are you going to plant patches of Devils club to use as camo/protection for future Cannabis crops?

Yes, I plan on planting stinging nettles and devils clubs together to make a wall around my future plots. :muahaha:

Greetings Backcountry! :rasta: My account finally got authorized so I thought I'd give my support. I too am an Oregonian and will be trying my first guerrilla adventure between the coast and you-jean... only going to put 4-5 females (2 pounder by Kiwi Seeds...definitely recommended!!) out there after I'm finally done sexing them, the insane weather put us back a good month. Anyways, I'll be watching your progress and will try to document mine as well.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
High guys!
My first wave of seedlings are about ready to sex, and my second wave are nearly large enough to get my first stand alone plot in the ground. It feels weird getting out in mid to late May rather than late April, but I'm sure things will go OK.

The weather is staying warmer, the temps are supposed to push into the 80s soon, a far cry from the 30s-40s we were having this time last month, LOL!!

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Well, I hadn't visited my babies in 4-5 days, so I went and took a look at them. They had nearly doubled in size, I was very pleased, I decided to bump the first wave seedlings up to gallon pots, and the second wave to quart planters, which should be their final home before planting out.

Here are some pics of the first wave seedlings, which are mostly Train wreck x(c99xOR95).

7710Seedlings_May_12_2008_001_Small_.jpg

7710Seedlings_May_12_2008_002_Small_.jpg

I'm going to start forcing the 1st wave seedlings tomarrow, shorten their day to 12/12 until they show pre-flowers. I have actually found one with male pref-lowers and one with female pre-flowers already with no forcing.
The rest should show pretty quick, and then I acn get my main plots planted. By that time the second wave will be big enough to brave the wilds in several stand alone grows, in areas with natural ground water in the the deeper hills aand mountains.

More to come!!

dkmonk

Hey man i was lookin at this thread yesterday and got to see the pics but today they arent showin up.

phate

Veteran
i see no pics, and the gellery says there is an internal server error.

good to hear of the rapid growth though. i still have a coupole weeks to wait to plant outside.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Hmmm, they were here before......I've noticed lots of missing pics the last few days across ICmag, I wonder if there is a bug? Anyways, let me see if I can fix my missing pics......

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
I took a look around and it seems ICmag is having some technical problems, and they are working on it, so it looks like the gallerys are down for a bit, guess we will see!