What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Less lights = less nutrients?

noob123

Hey!

2nd post here on the forum. First I searched for this topic, but I
couldn't find any results. It might be a stupid question, but here I go.

I was wondering if I use CFL instead of HPS; and CFL has less lumen output, should I dial down the nutrients solution when feeding?

My train of thought is; The less usable spectrum of light and lower lumen output should lower the need for nutrients since the plant photosynthesis or growth isn't as intense as with hps/sunlight/LED.

What do you guys think?

Yay or nay?

Thanks in advance

noob123

Definitely knows his stuff! Agreed!

Seens like both of you knows their stuff :)
Thank you!

I'm about to start up a micro CFL 1-2 plant operation. 2x2 space
with maybe one or two LED cobs or whatever they're called.
Topping and LST.

I'm getting hyped :)

Thank you!

Topping and LST.

Sounds like fun man start a journal in the grow diary forum and we can all keep up with it and see how it turns out. Blynx had a very informative thread about using off the shelf screw in led e26/e27 style bulbs in the micro grow forum. You are supposed to remove the plastic lens/cover I used a dremel tool and it made short work of it except one which unexpectedly turned out to be glass and nearly blew up in my face lol. Good thing I wore goggles:biggrin:

If you go that route they make these nifty 4 way splitters you can screw into a utility light or something.
https://www.amazon.com/JACKYLED-Spl...1524535801&sr=8-1&keywords=4+way+light+socket

And here's a link to blynx's thread on this
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314806

Good luck!

noob123

Sounds like fun man start a journal in the grow diary forum and we can all keep up with it and see how it turns out. Blynx had a very informative thread about using off the shelf screw in led e26/e27 style bulbs in the micro grow forum. You are supposed to remove the plastic lens/cover I used a dremel tool and it made short work of it except one which unexpectedly turned out to be glass and nearly blew up in my face lol. Good thing I wore goggles:biggrin:

If you go that route they make these nifty 4 way splitters you can screw into a utility light or something.
https://www.amazon.com/JACKYLED-Spl...1524535801&sr=8-1&keywords=4+way+light+socket

And here's a link to blynx's thread on this
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314806

Good luck!

Hey there Bird Of Hermes :tiphat:

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I'll make sure to look over these as I'm searching for inspiration and information at this stage.

I'll make sure to start a growthread, and use those protective goggles when messing around with D.I.Y projects. Dang it. I'm glad that you got out of that situation with no damage eye-sight :)

Hey there Bird Of Hermes :tiphat:

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I'll make sure to look over these as I'm searching for inspiration and information at this stage.

I'll make sure to start a growthread, and use those protective goggles when messing around with D.I.Y projects. Dang it. I'm glad that you got out of that situation with no damage eye-sight :)

Np dude that thread is pretty long and shows a bunch of people who used those leds with pretty good results so it seems to be a solid setup and you can see their end products. Yeah my high school automotive teacher showed my class a video of a bunch of people's various eye injuries and put the fear of God in us about using eye protection. Man did it scare the shit out of me lol every other bulb was plastic and cut through nice and easy but that glass one straight up detonated. That thread I posted a link to is 3yrs old but still pretty active if you ever have questions for the people that are using em. Good luck with your micro grow:tiphat:

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you!

Topping and LST.

Definitely LST/top or choose autos for project. Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts