What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NASA Bruce - (Bruce Banner #3 x Apollo #13 F4)

TheMan13

Veteran
I think I've figured out my issue stabilizing my ebb & flow/res.

attachment.php

If I were to buy another probe ($75) it will be my third in under 2 years. This looks like a manufacturing defect to me though. Sadly only a six month warranty and it's 7 months old ...

Attachments

• 100_3025.jpg
    100_3025.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 19

TheMan13

Veteran
I've also lost my main fan (heat issues) and water pump (lack of watering) this week. When it rains it pours :-(

attachment.php

I'm assuming that the crazy low PH in reality has caused a lockout/nitrogen deficiency. Any corrective thoughts aside from equipment replacement?

Attachments

• 100_3028.jpg
    100_3028.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 20

TheMan13

Veteran
I have begun to flower 7 phenotypes of NASA Bruce (Bruce Banner #3 x Apollo 13 F4) along with a couple of their clone only mother (Bruce Banner #3). They are in a 5x5 tent under a 630w CMH DE bulb in a Gavita Pro running at 660 watts. The medium is a mix of coco and hydroton in 2.5 CAP ebb & flow buckets/system currently using Remo Nutrients. Sadly these ladies are limping to the start due to a plethora of recent equipment failures and most notably a PH lockout.

attachment.php

The motley crew from back left to front right:

NASA Bruce #15 (topped) NASA Bruce #8 NASA Bruce #16 (topped)

NASA Bruce #4 NASA Bruce #1 Bruce Banner #3

Bruce Banner #3 NASA Bruce #2 NASA Bruce #10

Attachments

• Fall 2017 day 1.jpg
    Fall 2017 day 1.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 20

Trich_Tyson

Still looks great despite speed bumps. My current batch about to flip is coming out the gate in less than pristine health as well. The show must go on

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
Wondering if the bud is leafy or dense flowers with barely any leafs...
I have 6 s1gluekly seedlings I just couldn't wait lol I'm still waiting on my bb3 cut joe was holding on to it hopefully he takes care of me

TheMan13

Veteran
Wondering if the bud is leafy or dense flowers with barely any leafs...
I have 6 s1gluekly seedlings I just couldn't wait lol I'm still waiting on my bb3 cut joe was holding on to it hopefully he takes care of me

I haven't really defoliated myself. With my PH lockout leading up to and at the beginning of flower, I felt my brix were just too low to even consider it.

If Apollo 13 is considered a low leaf to bud ratio, I'd say NASA Bruce is as well. I believe my NASA Bruce currently has a better leaf to bud ratio than their Bruce Banner #3 running mates, but they were more mature plants. Personally, I'd consider BB3 to have a low leaf to bud ratio as well.

This recent and unexpected heatwave hitting the Great Lakes seems to have stretched things out a bit here. Luckily I shoved those couple Bruce Banner #3 in the tent for reference. I'll take some pics of the bud development at about two weeks assuming the end of the stretch for comparison. I'm pretty uncomfortable about the crowding going forward, so I will begin defoliating regardless for air flow.

Last edited:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Psyched I found this thread. Really digging those little glass jars. Glad to see someone else found them on the net. I think they are the coolest little things. Question : If the Hulk roars in space, does it make a noise ?

Yea, I'll take some.
I is gonna stay a spell, pass the nachos please :biggrin:
Nasa and cannabis a fine match there.
Gonna to be some fire here soon!

Hold my seat imma go grab nachos and the oil rig! This new Marvel movie shall be intresting, we all know Bruce is gonna fuck up Nasa! HULK SMASH!!!!

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
I haven't really defoliated myself. With my PH lockout leading up to and at the beginning of flower, I felt my brix were just too low to even consider it.

If Apollo 13 is considered a low leaf to bud ratio, I'd say NASA Bruce is ineas well. I believe my NASA Bruce currently has a better leaf to bud ratio than their Bruce Banner #3 running mates, but they were more mature plants. Personally, I'd consider BB3 to have a low leaf to bud ratio as well.

This recent and unexpected heatwave hitting the Great Lakes seems to have stretched things out a bit here. Luckily I shoved those couple Bruce Banner #3 in the tent for reference. I'll take some pics of the bud development at about two weeks assuming the end of the stretch for comparison. I'm pretty uncomfortable about the crowding going forward, so I will begin defoliating regardless for air flow.

Sounds good I'm growing mine in straight fox farm hope I don't have any issues

A

allthaidup

Thought I'd share one of mine, cuz y'all know... the stash is where it's at :biggrin: Just shy of 5 weeks in rock wool.

Attachments

• NB Stash is where it's at 9-27-17.jpg
    NB Stash is where it's at 9-27-17.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 22
A

allthaidup

View Image

Very nice!

Over two years to make your first post, I did the same here ;-)~
I didn't have a reason before :) The size of this site is a little daunting but now that I know some of you, not so much.

NASA Bruce is very hardy and I'm looking forward to seeing what magic is in them there beans.

TheMan13

Veteran
I'm a couple of weeks in now and the motley crew has gotten a bit out of hand in the stretch. NASA Bruce #1 & #2 have switched positions from the start photo/lineup. The start photo sadly doesn't show the tops of the back row either.

attachment.php

I've never stretched out Bruce Banner #3 (front left) like this in all the years I've been growing her and I'm not sure what that says about the NASA Bruce pictured/being run. It could be my recent equipment/lockout problems, our recent fall heatwave followed by frost advisories in the Great Lakes or that I'm only using one 630w CMH bulb in a 5x5. It's likely a combination of all, but I've never grown under <30 watts per square foot nor would have I recommended it. I had assumed the bluer spectrum and lower heat of CMH vs HPS would have lessened the stretch. In the end the overcrowding with only 70 watts per plant may just not be enough power to get the job done properly. I have not been able to get things as green as I'd like either following my PH lockout and doubt I will be able to, as there is just too much leaf damage.

Attachments

• Motley Crew 2wks.jpg
    Motley Crew 2wks.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 20

TheMan13

Veteran
The stretch

The stretch

Here are some mug shots of individual plants bud development at 2 weeks/14 days, from back left to front right:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• NASA Bruce 15 2wks.jpg
    NASA Bruce 15 2wks.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 25
  • NASA Bruce 8 2wks.jpg
    NASA Bruce 8 2wks.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 24
  • NASA Bruce 16 2wks.jpg
    NASA Bruce 16 2wks.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 22
  • NASA Bruce 4 2wks.jpg
    NASA Bruce 4 2wks.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 23
  • NASA Bruce 2 2wks.jpg
    NASA Bruce 2 2wks.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 21
  • BB3 a 2wks.jpg
    BB3 a 2wks.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 21
  • BB3 b 2wks.jpg
    BB3 b 2wks.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 20
  • NASA Bruce 1 2wks.jpg
    NASA Bruce 1 2wks.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 21
  • NASA Bruce 10 2wks.jpg
    NASA Bruce 10 2wks.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 21

TheMan13

Veteran
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I've got my fingers crossed that these buds will stack and fill in properly over the next few weeks, but I have my doubts at this point :-(

TheMan13

Veteran
A few NASA Bruce pics from a few weeks in.

NASA Bruce #2:
attachment.php

NASA Bruce #4:
attachment.php

NASA Bruce #8:
attachment.php

Attachments

• NASA Bruce 2 3wks.jpg
    NASA Bruce 2 3wks.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 19
  • NASA Bruce 4 3wks.jpg
    NASA Bruce 4 3wks.jpg