What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mosca's Cinderella 99 "F1"

Crazy Chester

Good to hear you got one that smelled like mango, Boyd Crowder. I had one like that from the 10 I originally grew out. It was the best of the 10 and the only one I got that had as much resin as my old original Brothers Grimm clone from back in the day. The buzz on mine was probably 50/50 sativa/indica. It was excellent, the kind of plant that, when you're trimming it, the little bud leafs kinda did a slinky end over end down the bud, rather than falling straight off.

Yet, I still want to find something similar to what I used to have - a 45 day finisher with a blast off sativa high! Hopefully, in this batch...

A

acdc

Good to hear you got one that smelled like mango, Boyd Crowder. I had one like that from the 10 I originally grew out. It was the best of the 10 and the only one I got that had as much resin as my old original Brothers Grimm clone from back in the day. The buzz on mine was probably 50/50 sativa/indica. It was excellent, the kind of plant that, when you're trimming it, the little bud leafs kinda did a slinky end over end down the bud, rather than falling straight off.

Yet, I still want to find something similar to what I used to have - a 45 day finisher with a blast off sativa high! Hopefully, in this batch...

looking for that 45 day finisher myself good bro :tiphat:

marmarb

grabbed a pack of moscas c99 back when they came with a free 5pk of his sweet tooth. Bout 6 yrs ago. Finding that 45 day pheno was easy ended up making straight fem and s1 seeds. I'm at about s4 and just crossed it back with a c99 x ak47 to boost the yield. Would like to try the grimm but mosca is about a third of the price and just as good. Just my 2cents

Crazy Chester

Good News!

Good News!

Pistols have formed on all the plants in the last few days. I'm calling day one of flower August 3, 2017.

Crazy Chester

Bad news...

Bad news...

I think I have broad mites...

"Taco" leaves...

Twisting leaves, slow growth, nutrient deficiencies showing on leaves, etc.

PH good, nutrient levels good, no visible pests...

I've been treating with cold pressed unrefined neem oil, Dr. Bonner's Sal Suds, aspirin and sulphur.

I know I can't make a positive identification without a 100x loupe. And, yes, I know I can't eradicate the broad mites without using expensive pesticides. However, this was meant to be a low cost grow from the beginning. It has now turned into an experiment to see how well I can save it. My goal is now to grow the best pot I can - despite broad mites.

Inasmuch as I've used seeds I made myself (and have hundreds more), I'm not overly concerned with losing genetics, although, if there's a special plant in there, it probably won't root for me in this sick state...

Davesnothere420

What is the dimple method? Bros grim and top dawg shared a booth at the emerald cup. Their booth was right across from ours. Soul said that the c99 he offers now is from the same plants as before and he still has princess and that male. He setup shop in Colorado and I'm assuming seeds are being sold online. I popped 2 packs. I haven't topped or trained at all so i can see the structure. Hopefully i get at least one real keeper female to make seeds for my outdoor with. They are pretty uniform and grow super fast. Seems like an outdoor winner

But what's the dimple method
View Image

new to this so dont laugh what is a c99/

CannaFunk

Look into Dj Short, Brothers Grimm, do some reading 1st, C99 is a strain, cultivar, varietal, etc. known for its stability, fast flowering time, and fire smoke taste, like pineapples to shit an everything in between apparently. I get the pleasure of smoking CindyX Cindy 99 crossed with a Hindu Kush, very uplifting tasty smoke.

Davesnothere420

Look into Dj Short, Brothers Grimm, do some reading 1st, C99 is a strain, cultivar, varietal, etc. known for its stability, fast flowering time, and fire smoke taste, like pineapples to shit an everything in between apparently. I get the pleasure of smoking CindyX Cindy 99 crossed with a Hindu Kush, very uplifting tasty smoke.

alright i will check it out thank u brother.

Crazy Chester

Hi Davesnothere420 - welcome to my thread.

C99 is just an abbreviation of the full strain name, Cinderella 99, which was originally bred by the Brothers Grimm.

Crazy Chester

End of the 1st Week of Flowering

End of the 1st Week of Flowering

Flowers are starting to form. The plants have perked up and started growing again after my harassing spray treatments. Unfortunately, the spray was strong enough to burn the tips of the new growth and some of the first pistols - something I'm ok with for now.

Raho

Veteran
If you are looking for info on C99, you should check out this old thread by Nuggetshiner:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=233697

and the album on his C99 work here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=8273

The pedigree of his line:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
. . . the mothers were from four sources, jlp f4, joey weed f2, wally f? and
Gypsy f2. These were pollinated with two Joey Weed f2 males and
a Wally male

FYI, Joey Weed is selling seeds again from a canadian seedbank including his C99 line. I expect it would be as good as ever and very stable.

Too bad nuggetshiner didn't keep selling seeds longer, he had some great stuff.
[/FONT]

rolandomota

Rooftop grow lol thats crazy chester ha ha. I would add a bit of nitrogen to those hungry looking Cinderella they wont need much but a good dose of veg nutrients wont hurt them then switch to flower nutrition. They look a bit yellow

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Love the grow mate.
I grow on the roof too but the building next door has a direct line of sight so I keep mine small. A lot of people grow in the area and cops only bust big grows, so it's not a big deal. Still I try to be on the small side not to anger the neighbours that I have seen maybe 3 times in a year. Nobody actually lives there. Still... I don't need that much bud and big plants will bring trouble with them for sure.
picture.php

Cheers!

Crazy Chester

Hi Gantz. I totally agree with you. Our tiny grows are totally not worth a cop's time. Are those mothballs in your plants? I love it! I'm going to do that. Caterpillars have been my most destructive pest the past few years.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Nope. Those are tiny flowers in case someone sees them. "Camouflage". I'm on the 6th floor mate. The only destructive things here are the wind, the heat and pigeons.... and they've left my plants alone so far. That photo was from this spring. The girls are already being smoked. I'm on my second now. No casualties so far.

Good luck to ya mate! Hope they all give you some nice buds to smoke come autumn.