What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with late grow...need all the advice I can fer

neongreen

Veteran
Hmmm. I know the autoflower is gonna be grams...

But what about the largest plant that is flowering too. The Rascal?

There are so many variables involved, it's hard to say, but I wouldn't expect more than a couple of ounces from the Rascal. If flower goes well you might get a little more.

If possible, take a clone or two ASAP, and try to get them growing well over winter, so you can plant out "starts" in May that already have some size to them. If you get it right, this time next year you'll be asking how many lbs not how many ounces.

You'll need to experiment a bit. Try 3 groups of 3 or 4 plants, all grown in different soil mixes. Try to keep it simple, and you'll soon find what works well for you.

Try some wormcasts for starting plants/their first month or two. I mix 25% WCs with 25% sand, 15% rice hulls (or perlite), 15% compost, 15% top soil, plus some neem meal, seaweed meal, and garden lime. Together with fishmix and seaweed feeds, the above alone will get you a 5-6 fooy bushy/healthy plant in my experience.

Try and keep your mixes relatively free draining (lots of sand/grit/perlite), if you can keep an eye on them and supply ample water to the roots, they will do well, and will be difficult to over water. If you can be with them all the time, then less free draining is more desirable, but you need to be careful not to over water.

:tiphat:

neongreen

Veteran
Good to hear you got some nice smoke out of it at least. The trouble is, many on this forum (and others) make growing look so easy. The truth is that growing bud is easy, but growing it well is an art that can take decades to master.

Soil is the key. Read all you can about it, and perhaps even take some soil samples to get tested. Get the soil right, and most other things will fall into place.

:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts