What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD flowers

ECtraveler

Veteran
Band-aide#2 (GG#4 x Toci) beginning her flush (2:1 THC:CBD). At this point this one seems to have taken after her Toci father in the aroma dept with a fermenting berry stank.
picture.php

picture.php

dabking

EC, how are you doing so much!?! Awesome work as always. I would love to have some of those genetics. Still trying to find the right CBD.

ECtraveler

Veteran
@dabking - It seems like I do more than I actually do because I've been doing a perpetual grow and putting in new girls in every 5-7 days or so. My grow is actually pretty small though.

A small jar of ACDC x Platinum GSC bx1 that a friend just finished. This was from a test batch of seeds that I wasn't really happy with but gave some out anyways and was shocked with how well his finished product turned out.
picture.php

Last edited:

ECtraveler

Veteran
Another pheno of ACDC x Platinum GSC bx1 by the same friend. This sample ended up testing at THC 4.565%, CBD 17.001%.
picture.php

Last edited:

ECtraveler

Veteran
Current run of the 23:1 Cannatonic x Canna-Tsu I found
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

and a reversed 2:1 Toci just starting to do it's thing
picture.php

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Another pheno of ACDC x Platinum GSC bx1 by the same friend. This sample ended up testing at THC 4.565%, CBD 17.001%.

Whoa, that's quite a nice combo!

I'm trying to make something similar right now.

Perkin's cut of Cannatonic from MI, 17 % CBD .5% THC
Crossed with a male that popped out of an OGKB cookie bag seed.
I think the CBD Cannatonic tastes terrible but I'm hoping the cookies
will bring some flavor that doesn't make you hurl.:biggrin:
Perkins:
picture.php

Scout Boi
picture.php

coming to the server fund when finished...

ECtraveler

Veteran
I totally agree on flavor. I love the effects of CBD but generally dislike the terpene profiles that are prevalent in the majority of current CBD cultivers. For my own personal needs the "CBD holy grail" is a balanced (1:2 to 2:1) strain that I still enjoy after a week's time

I really look forward to the progress on your Perkins Cut x OGKB cross.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Hey everyone!,
Great thread idea EC! I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to a good CBD strain from seed? Thank you

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
The problem isn't finding cbd seeds, it's figuring out which phenos have the ratios you desire once you grow them out. No matter what seeds you get, the will be variability among the phenos. Some 1:1, some 20:1, some 1:20, and everything in between. Without reliable testing, there's just no way to know. If someone has figured out a solution to this problem, please let me know.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Couldn't I grow the whole pack of ten out, take cuts, get them tested-and regrow the highest CBD plant out again

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Couldn't I grow the whole pack of ten out, take cuts, get them tested-and regrow the highest CBD plant out again

That's exactly what you should do. The problem that many (including myself) have, is no access to testing. If you live in a state with labs, then your good to go.
I think "cannatonic" is probably the best bet, but these days almost everyone has "high cbd" strains. CBD crew would be a good place to start. But like I said, there Wii be variability in all of them. The testing and selecting is absolutely necessary.
...then once you find the perfect cbd strain you're looking for, send me a clone! Because I DO NOT live in a state with labs! :(

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
The problem isn't finding cbd seeds, it's figuring out which phenos have the ratios you desire once you grow them out. No matter what seeds you get, the will be variability among the phenos. Some 1:1, some 20:1, some 1:20, and everything in between. Without reliable testing, there's just no way to know. If someone has figured out a solution to this problem, please let me know.

I saw some assay tests that can identify bcd but not quantify exactly.
they were out of CO, new product designed for doing just this for folks without access to labs.

http://cbscientific.com

4 years ago I grew out seeds from this batch of canna tonic from feminine seeds in CA. These were grown by Dr Courtney's nurse.

WerkShop_Cannatonic1.jpg

It was not hard to spot the pheno's over 20% thc with trace CBD.
likewise the one I got that was all CBD and trace thc.

the Pheno's in between just sucked equally and were all over the map structure wise and time to ripen.

I kept the high and low and the best of the in-between in terms of yield was tested long after I tossed it as a 50/50.

none of them were good medically for me. the high on the THC version was strong but dead for me. the all CBD completely wrecked my buzz.
HATED it! all of it. but I know other patients work different than me so I want to help folks who don't care to get as high as I.

this is a pic of the all THC pheno I found. a lot of people liked this one. I know some are keeping it going as it has commercial appeal to them.
9 weeks, decent yield, loud and frosty. hated the buzz. pain to trim.

picture.php

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Thanks guys. And yes Gil, I do live in a medical state with testing labs. Thanks for the info, my buddy had always wanted to grow Cannatonic

ECtraveler

Veteran
ACDC x (Apothecary OG x Prohibition OG). Looking for a balanced chemotype with the classic OG terpene profile.
picture.php

ECtraveler

Veteran
Tabula Rasa - Harlequin x Toci
picture.php
picture.php

20:1 pheno of Cannatonic x Canna-tsu at 45 days
picture.php

10:1 Rainmaker male - ACDC x (Apothecary OG x Prohibition OG)
picture.php

Ollie

Veteran
damn EC, that looks SO PROPER and what a male jeez ..

making dreams in peoples mind with all of them Photos !