What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NoSocSlic's Thread for Growing and Learning

N

NoSocSlic

Alright This is my place to document the journey I have made so far. My first two grows (should say first two plants) aren't on here. They should barely count anyway. This thread started at my 3rd grow. I ran one plant pretty successfully. After that I ran a small quick grow to make some seeds. I am currently growing out these homemade seeds.

These are the plants I have going right now. I am still using ghetto tech closet stuff. just over 100w cfl right now, ive done it with more and less but this way is optimal for temps. Growing in FFOF cut with perlite. The plants flowered between March 15th and 20th. I also have a very small dream diesel fem and a male to chuck some pollen.

SKIP TO PAGE 7 FOR CURRENT GROW

This grow is officially completed now also!

Up next I am revegging a plant to make a bunch of seeds.

Last edited:
N

NoSocSlic

The current work in progress

The current work in progress

My second try.

The plant I have going is 24 days old.

Last edited:
N

NoSocSlic

Beginning LST

Beginning LST

And now let the bondage training camp begin

its trypp

Lol good deal man.... hmmmmm... I wonder if you have enough time available for vegging to top the tops for 4 dominant colas. :) Could boost your crop ^_^ well.... only if your veg time is long enough, otherwise definately stick to 2... :x

N

NoSocSlic

I have oodles of time, so lets see. I just retopped. It responded pretty well to the first cut. The only concern I had was the first leaf set to come out of the original top was a bit deformed, but it made up for that by shooting out the new tops very fast.

I took the ties off as well and pinched the new branches. The main stem is lacking the girth I like. With the tying I already did, I got a knuckle in the stalk so it should start to thicken up.

If this ends up being a boy it'll be a damn huge boy. Let's hope for a giant, branchy, beautiful girl though!

Last edited:

its trypp

Lol, I still have my current 2 grows to go yet already am plannng around my august start on growing lol. I get how excited one can get about these amazing plants lol. :3

N

NoSocSlic

It is a whole lot of fun growing them. Even when its just one plant. I did put together a cabinet today but it is very far from finished. The cabinet is put together but not painted, lightproofed, ducted, or wired, so I have a lot more to do. I got myself side tracked with my other non MJ growing projects. I planted my corn and a second round of carrots, cut the grass, then me and my girlfriend planted our flower bed and cleaned house. I didn't finish everything I wanted to get done today but my yard looks great and I definitely feel accomplished.

its trypp

Sounds like a lot going on haha! If I didn't live in an apartment I would probably be growing my own veggies >.< But only got enough room for 1 crop haha, might as well make it the most expensive one :p

N

NoSocSlic

I didn't get to the pictures before lights out, I will update soon. The new tops are coming in fine so far. Hit that 4 week mark so I am checking for preflowers. I am thinking of switching to 12/12. It would encourage sexing to start a little quicker and I think with the stretch it would put me right at the size I am looking for. Thinking about it, I haven't decided yet. I will try and get pics soon but I work 12 hour days the next 2 days.

its trypp

Give her an extra week, if you dont mind her getting a little bigger than you wanted, bigger is always better :) Plus it means more of that enjoyable smoke. Once gain hope it's a sexy lady and good luck, look forward to the pics. :)

hestah

Nice grow NoSocSlic. This is valuable information that you are sharing. I like it that you don't have a whole lot of experience and are growing on a small scale. Nice to get a beginners perspective on the growing experience. As I never grown myself this is great..

I also like your early topping and LSTing, it looks cool:biggrin:

I hope all goes well for you.
/hestah

N

NoSocSlic

Nice grow NoSocSlic. This is valuable information that you are sharing. I like it that you don't have a whole lot of experience and are growing on a small scale. Nice to get a beginners perspective on the growing experience. As I never grown myself this is great..

I also like your early topping and LSTing, it looks cool:biggrin:

I hope all goes well for you.
Hey I'm glad you liked it. I try to post things that would've been helpful if I was trying to learn for the first time. It makes me happy that it was able to help!

Give her an extra week, if you dont mind her getting a little bigger than you wanted, bigger is always better
smile.gif
Plus it means more of that enjoyable smoke. Once gain hope it's a sexy lady and good luck, look forward to the pics.
smile.gif
I am going to keep it going. I had a scare today. I am not tying yet but I have been pushing the branches down a little here and there. When I was doing that today one of the two main chutes snapped a little. It was very minor so I think it should be fine though. I guess accidents happen. Hopefully I'm right and it is no big deal. I tied it up just in case and I won't do any bending for a few days.

Heres a pic of the plant today. There's still not much to see. The new tops are growing in. I topped the two lower branches as well and one of them got fimmed on accident. It is growing in strangely but I think it'll settle down after 1 leaf set just like last time. Other than that, just autopilot for the last week or so. No sign of preflowers yet.

N

NoSocSlic

The new tops are now an inch tall. the plant is in good health. The small snap on that branch seems to be healing but I still have it tied up. I am switching over to 12/12 tomorrow.

its trypp

Wait for it to fully heal before switching to 12/12 man. Don't need budding time wasted on healing. :O But yeah you should def be fine and the injured area will grow back stronger.

N

NoSocSlic

I probably should wait but I am moving forward with it. After all I don't even know sex yet. The break wasn't so bad, but it was in a bad place. It is a small crack in the joint where the two tops meet that main stem. It is still intact and that branch is fine, but I made need to rethink how I train if its a female. If it's a male who gives a damn lol, but I will collect pollen from it.

Last edited:

its trypp

Ah if it's all about the seeds then have fun haha. I might get some collodial(spelling?) silver to make seeds at some point lol. But I am thinking cloning is going to be my method or propogation :)

N

NoSocSlic

I just know if I can get a handful of seeds off this plant then I can grow gardens! This particular strain is just something I love and miss. I lost that contact some time ago and miss the smoke! I'm about 4 1/2 weeks into this plant so I should find out if its male or female fairly soon.

If its male then I have to find something complimentary to breed it with. I am hoping its female because I know exactly what I will mix it with. My buddy is growing another one of my favorites; not a big producer but its got some kick to it. What I have going now can produce very well and is strongly Indica, and I know it does well in garden. I am looking forward to my first time breeding. It can all start with one seed =P

its trypp

Haha, just don't forget that it takes a couple generations to stabilize the genetics and get the best of both plants lol. but really look forward to what I see from ya man ^_^

N

NoSocSlic

Still waiting

Still waiting

No flowers yet, but the break in the stem healed up nicely, the plant is in good health, and it looks just lovely lol.

N

NoSocSlic

I'm still not seeing any sign of sex. Tomorrow is the end of 6 weeks. I think if it was going to be a male I would already know. The last run with this same strain showed hairs at 6 weeks and 1 day, so maybe by Thursday or Friday I can confirm a female.

I'm waiting on new pictures until that shows, but I have ties on and the canopy is all even. The plant has really bushed out a lot. It's about repot time as well, so the next update should look much different than the last picture.