What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my first indoor grow

lulzz

hi guys, been looking around a bit and what a nice place this is :)

i will try to make it pretty simple here, then i might make a full diary next time

i recently started my first indoor grow in a 95x95x170 cm tent

my setup is

150w cfl
600w hps with cool tube
125mm ventilator with carbon filter, 220/280 m² hour
4 fans in diff sizes
9x 6l pots and 6x 10l pots
full biobizz fert set
ph test and ph +- and everything else i need

this grow im doing 4x critical from royalqueenseeds + 4x silver haze from sensiseeds + 1x copenhagen kush from zenseeds

1 is topped 6 is fimmed and 2 is untouched, currently day 36 and 5 days into bloom

:tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG 4208
    IMG 4208
    93.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20131208_153858.jpg
    20131208_153858.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20131212_165125.jpg
    20131212_165125.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20131212_174454.jpg
    20131212_174454.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20131212_165006.jpg
    20131212_165006.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20131223_003926.jpg
    20131223_003926.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20131222_235227.jpg
    20131222_235227.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20131222_192521.jpg
    20131222_192521.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20131221_191231.jpg
    20131221_191231.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20131221_190954.jpg
    20131221_190954.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 14

lulzz

pics

pics

more pics

Attachments

• 20131226_170736.jpg
    20131226_170736.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20131226_170808.jpg
    20131226_170808.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20131226_170821.jpg
    20131226_170821.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20131226_170838.jpg
    20131226_170838.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20131226_170947.jpg
    20131226_170947.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 14

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:wave: Welcome to ICMag!

Nice set up - be sure to rotate pictures :D

happy Holidays mate

T

The_Core

Hey Lulzz! Nice grow, plants are looking real nice. What soil are you using? I am using the full lineup of BioBizz as well, When did you first start applying the BioBizz? Are you tracking PPM or PH on your grow?
picture.php

lulzz

Hey Lulzz! Nice grow, plants are looking real nice. What soil are you using? I am using the full lineup of BioBizz as well, When did you first start applying the BioBizz? Are you tracking PPM or PH on your grow?
View Image

hi mate, nice sortiment you got there :)

im using biobizz light mix soil

sadly i don't have an ec meter yet, i bought everything within 20 days so im pretty low on cash untill sometime in january, but its one of the highest things on list, untill then i will try and be carefull

the soil should be just around 6.5 to start with, and that matches the run off pretty good, i will be getting one of those meters you can stick into the soil to check ph in it

all the water i added so far was ph'ed down to 6.4 - 6.8

even tho biobizz suggest you start from day 1, i gave them 10 days, the first 3-4 waterings was clean water, on day 10 i started with 1.5 ml root juice / 1 ml bio heaven / 0.5 ml fish mix per 1 L

when watering again day 14 i think i gave them around 25 % of the schedule, the next days they kinda slowed down alot, and they dident show any since of getting too much, so when watering day 18 i gave them 50 % of schedule, and the next days they all shot 5-10 cm's each, seems like i wasn't giving them enough the first time

next watering day 24 or so they got 85-90 %, and last watering day 31 they got 100 %

i haven't had any problems at all with them so far, only minor normal things showing randomly on a few leaves here and there

i think i been too gentle, it looks and feels like i could have given them 20-30% more at least, and maybe start a bit earlier. but i was going low cause i cant test ec

atm im thinking if it would be wise to flush them with clean water next time ? the last 5 waterings was with nutes in it

what about you, when you start, how much and do you flush in between?

T

The_Core

hi mate, nice sortiment you got there :)

im using biobizz light mix soil

sadly i don't have an ec meter yet, i bought everything within 20 days so im pretty low on cash untill sometime in january, but its one of the highest things on list, untill then i will try and be carefull

the soil should be just around 6.5 to start with, and that matches the run off pretty good, i will be getting one of those meters you can stick into the soil to check ph in it

all the water i added so far was ph'ed down to 6.4 - 6.8

even tho biobizz suggest you start from day 1, i gave them 10 days, the first 3-4 waterings was clean water, on day 10 i started with 1.5 ml root juice / 1 ml bio heaven / 0.5 ml fish mix per 1 L

when watering again day 14 i think i gave them around 25 % of the schedule, the next days they kinda slowed down alot, and they dident show any since of getting too much, so when watering day 18 i gave them 50 % of schedule, and the next days they all shot 5-10 cm's each, seems like i wasn't giving them enough the first time

next watering day 24 or so they got 85-90 %, and last watering day 31 they got 100 %

i haven't had any problems at all with them so far, only minor normal things showing randomly on a few leaves here and there

i think i been too gentle, it looks and feels like i could have given them 20-30% more at least, and maybe start a bit earlier. but i was going low cause i cant test ec

atm im thinking if it would be wise to flush them with clean water next time ? the last 5 waterings was with nutes in it

what about you, when you start, how much and do you flush in between?

Sounds real good. The BioBizz light mix has 3 weeks of fertilizer in it, I think the BioBizz feeding chart takes that into account when they tell you the feeding dose. Although there is nothing wrong with being safe, better a little underfed then to burn up your plants. As for a soil ph meter, I wouldn't bother to be honest. Track the PH and EC of the water your putting into your soil and test the runoff once a week or if you have problems to see where you are at. Flush occasionally to get rid of fertilizer salts if you want. I am on week 2 with my current grow and I am not using a BioBizz soil so there feeding chart is worthless for me until the plant starts showing me its used all the fertilizer. I hate waiting until a plants growth slows down to start fertilizing but I dont want to burn up my plant. Right now I use a 1-1-1 of Pre Fertilized garden soil, perlite and vermiculite with mycorrhizae powder.

T

The_Core

I use my BlueLab to test my EC and PPM, I always adjust my PH as close to 6.5 as I can. I usually end up around 6.6 to 6.7 which is ok with me. My PPM is at 10 because i use a RO. The next watering I am using 80 PPM Tap, no more RO. And then in another week or so I will probably give a 1/2 strength dose of BioBizz and see where that puts me.

lulzz

Sounds real good. The BioBizz light mix has 3 weeks of fertilizer in it, I think the BioBizz feeding chart takes that into account when they tell you the feeding dose. Although there is nothing wrong with being safe, better a little underfed then to burn up your plants. As for a soil ph meter, I wouldn't bother to be honest. Track the PH and EC of the water your putting into your soil and test the runoff once a week or if you have problems to see where you are at. Flush occasionally to get rid of fertilizer salts if you want. I am on week 2 with my current grow and I am not using a BioBizz soil so there feeding chart is worthless for me until the plant starts showing me its used all the fertilizer. I hate waiting until a plants growth slows down to start fertilizing but I dont want to burn up my plant. Right now I use a 1-1-1 of Pre Fertilized garden soil, perlite and vermiculite with mycorrhizae powder.

the schedule says to start from day 1, but yeah better safe than sorry

the meter i want checks ph + moisture + temp and it cost 15-20 dollar or something, its not a must have but for that price im just gonna try it out

im thinking about adding some more perlite in the lightmix next time, it seems like it could use some more drain

how much biobizz do you give them?

Attachments

• 20131226_213127.jpg
    20131226_213127.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 15
T

The_Core

the schedule says to start from day 1, but yeah better safe than sorry

the meter i want checks ph + moisture + temp and it cost 15-20 dollar or something, its not a must have but for that price im just gonna try it out

im thinking about adding some more perlite in the lightmix next time, it seems like it could use some more drain

how much biobizz do you give them?

ya better safe then sorry is for sure. 20 Dollars for a PH, Moisture and Temp meter, not a bad price. Be careful though. I bought one for 15 dollars by rapitest and it was complete garbage. I don't trust cheap PH meters for soil. Some are ok. But mine was jumping from 5.0 to 9.0. More perlite is good, My soil has a ton of perlite but I should have went less on the Vermiculite, that stuff holds water and really makes my soil compact. The feeding chart is what I will use to feed them when I start. But I might dial it back to 50% recommended dose the first time to see how they react.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=12208&pictureid=243767

lulzz

ya better safe then sorry is for sure. 20 Dollars for a PH, Moisture and Temp meter, not a bad price. Be careful though. I bought one for 15 dollars by rapitest and it was complete garbage. I don't trust cheap PH meters for soil. Some are ok. But mine was jumping from 5.0 to 9.0. More perlite is good, My soil has a ton of perlite but I should have went less on the Vermiculite, that stuff holds water and really makes my soil compact. The feeding chart is what I will use to feed them when I start. But I might dial it back to 50% recommended dose the first time to see how they react.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=12208&pictureid=243767

yeah, cheap is usually crap, im gonna do a side by side test with a real ph tester and see how reliable it is

i cant find how much perlite/vermi there is in lightmix, but i think its maybe a bit too much vermi and not enough perlite, it holds water too much

i cant see if our charts are the same, if they aren't do you know what diff there is ?

from what i read in my searches u can give them root juice and bio heaven pretty early without too much risk, i gave 1 - 1.5 ml root juice day 10 and it speeded the root grow up alot

T

The_Core

Hey Lulzz any updates? I mixed up my first batch of nutrients today with biobizz. Came out to 330 PPM with 90 PPM starting tap water. I used about 1/3 of their recommended dose for the full lineup, and still came out to 330 ppm which i dont think is too bad for a 3 week old plant.

picture.php

lulzz

Hey Lulzz any updates? I mixed up my first batch of nutrients today with biobizz. Came out to 330 PPM with 90 PPM starting tap water. I used about 1/3 of their recommended dose for the full lineup, and still came out to 330 ppm which i dont think is too bad for a 3 week old plant.

View Image

hi mate, that sounds good, i started around 30 % too, how much fish mix did you give them? its not on my biobizz chart, so i gave them 50 % fishmix 50 % grow, and btw, how come your bottles looks like that, are they older or newer than the other ones from bio u have?

i got the money for the ec meter now, so im just waiting untill i can get by the shop, does 150 dollars sounds fair for a decent ec meter + decent ph meter? its a set with both + some calibrating fluids, its in the cheaper end of what i can find in denmark, but we are known to have ridiculous prices

in my tent things looks nice, i got some pistils showing on 2 of the better plants, and its starting to smell real nice, every day the silver haze smell is getting better and better

i checked my runoff at watering last night, and it was about 5.5 :S, so i decided to empty half of the bottles with nutes in and fill rest ½ with water so the ph of the water went 7.5 and the nutes to ½ strengt

actually im not sure if this is the right way to handle low ph in soil? should i continue to feed with water around 7.5/8 untill it equals out or how?

i couldn't get any good pictures with the hps light on so i tried to make a video this time

http://youtu.be/AlpkXU5POws

the silver haze in the middle with 6 top shoots gonna be crazy, cant wait for it to develop more :)

T

The_Core

Hey Lulzz. All the nutrients listed above I put into my reservoir at roughly equal parts. about 1-2 ML per GALLON. I think the bottles I have pictured there are older, or maybe bought in the USA. MY newer bottles (Larger ones pictures) Were bought in Germany. Price and quality dont always go hand in hand as I am sure you know, Look for reviews on ICMAG and use google. I use a bluelab combo meter and it works just great. For correcting your PH in the soil, run 2 to 3 times the amount of PH adjusted water through your soil until the runoff matches your PH that your pouring in. 4 gallon container will take 8-10 gallons of water and so on. don't waste nutrients flooding your soil, after you flush your soil with PH'ed water at 6.5 then mix up a dose of nutrients, PH adjust it, and water normally with it. That should get it back in check.

lulzz

i didn't flush them, i just gave them ½ strenght nutes with ph of 7.5 instead of 6.5, just like normal watering until it came out the bottom

i was hoping that i could rescue it by using a slightly higher ph on next 2-3 waterings until it equals out, instead of flushing them

the grow is allrdy stunted pretty much cause i fucked up the fimming a bit + recent repot + beeing put into 12/12, they are only starting to adapt to these new things

they show no sign of any ph or other problems yet, just growing slow atm

i think ill wait till monday where ill have a proper ph + ec meter then ill check the runoff again

T

The_Core

Sounds like a good plan. My plant growth slowed down a bit as well, I had the T-5s too close to the top of my plant and I heat stressed some of the leaves. They are "cupping" a little bit. Hopefully that is the only issue I have for the rest of my grow. Who knows.

lulzz

Sounds like a good plan. My plant growth slowed down a bit as well, I had the T-5s too close to the top of my plant and I heat stressed some of the leaves. They are "cupping" a little bit. Hopefully that is the only issue I have for the rest of my grow. Who knows.

lets hope that :) my 600w hps creates insane heat, even in cooltube with 220³ ventilator sucking the air out of the tube constantly

i use a old computer fan combined with an old adapter, giving me 7 diff speeds on it, even with this directly on the temp reader its 27c around the tops and 24 in the bottom at the roots

my newbie mistakes prob set the plants 5-10 days back, but im pretty amazed that i had no other problems than some stunted grow