What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cyco Nutrients Busted in Australia - the king of PGRs

BongFu

The APVMA (Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority) in Australia just busted Cyco Nutrients for about a decades worth of flogging their Cyco Flower A (paclobutrazol) and Cyco Flower B (chlormequat chloride) poisons off label. Cyco without a doubt (no contest) has been, hands down, the key PGR pedlar in Australia for about a decade. This ended last week when they were hit by the APVMA. More to come soon.

Oh and a bit of a chuckle with Hitler responds to PGR weed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLFoz9dOHts

Props to Friendly Aussie Buds (FCK PGR) for producing the clip.

Last edited:

BongFu

A quick search shows APVMA has known they are using PGR's for at least 10 years:

https://apvma.gov.au/sites/default/files/gazette_2010-03-16_0.pdf

Yup they were registered with the APVMA in 2010. Part A for use on container grown ornamentals and Part B for use on grape and currant crops. The problem is Cyco was promoting them both for use on the same crop type/species on their PGR feed charts so they got done for promoting the use of PGRs off label.Given that they have been promoting their off label use for 10 years they may be in up to their necks in shit. It's not like they did a great job of hiding the fact they were promoting the off label sales of cannabis poisons.

Last edited:

BongFu

CYCO PGR Feed Chart

CYCO PGR Feed Chart

Cyco PGR Feed Chart

Attachments

• cyco-PGR-feed-chart.jpg
    cyco-PGR-feed-chart.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 241

BongFu

Close up of PGR use recommendations

Close up of PGR use recommendations

Sorry I couldn't attach the two files in one post. File sizes were a bit large. Also APVMA registrations below

Product: CYCO PLANT GROWTH REGULATOR FLOWER A Status:
Registered (2019-07-01) Product No.: 64027
General details
Category:
A - Agricultural
Product type:
GROWTH REGULATOR
Formulation type:
SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE
Poison schedule: 5
Registrant:
SJ ENTERPRISES PTY LTD
Registration date:
2010-03-01
Expiry date:
2020-06-30
For growth control of container grown ornamentals only as per directions for
use.
4g/L Paclobutrazol

Product: CYCO PLANT GROWTH REGULATOR FLOWER B Status:
Registered (2019-07-01) Product No.: 64764
General details
Category:
A - Agricultural
Product type:
PLANT REGULATOR
Formulation type:
SOLUBLE CONCENTRATE
Poison schedule:6
Registrant:
SJ ENTERPRISES PTY LTD
Registration date:
2010-04-27
Expiry date:
2020-06-30
To increase the berry set and yield of wine grapes and setting of currants
77g/L Chlormequat as Chlormequat Chloride

Attachments

• cyco-PGR-feed-chart-closeup.jpg
    cyco-PGR-feed-chart-closeup.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 240

BubbaBear

General Hydroponics peddles there Bush Load in a similar manner, they use the company name Wet Inc. to sell it and label it for ornamentals but everyone knows what idiots are using it for.

I'd never use that crap but could personally care less if companies sell them as long as there upfront about what's in it and not trying to say it's some mytical kelp or coal extract like they did with Phosphoload, Flower Dragon, Pyyro K, Gravity, Bush Master and others.

BongFu

General Hydroponics peddles there Bush Load in a similar manner, they use the company name Wet Inc. to sell it and label it for ornamentals but everyone knows what idiots are using it for.

I'd never use that crap but could personally care less if companies sell them as long as there upfront about what's in it and not trying to say it's some mytical kelp or coal extract like they did with Phosphoload, Flower Dragon, Pyyro K, Gravity, Bush Master and others.

Ya man but do you think the scum fucks who grow with PGRs label their bags with contains paclobutrazol and chlormequat chloride? Lets face it there isn't a problem growing cannabis with PGRs if you toss it all in the bin and never sell it. I think anyone who actually gives a shite about cannabis and cannabis consumers would strongly disagree with you.

BubbaBear

I give a shite but getting companies like GH and Cyco to stop selling those products just because there primarily used by cannabis growers isnt going to stop the problem, idiots that want to use them are going to continue using them but at least testing for them is readily available.

PGRs are for sale all over the internet and the commercial growers that use them definitely aren't buying those ridiculous $100 quarts of watered down paclobutrazol there buying powder or commercially available formulas for 1/100th the cost.

Good thing testing has become widely available and reasonably priced but I just assume if I'm not getting weed from a licensed club(which I never do) or a trusted homie(in a clutch)that it probably has some nasty chems in it.

shaggyballs

Veteran
They still sell paclo buds here in the "D".
Seems no testing at the stores.

I did some tests with paclo in the past and I can pick out buds that have been grown with it just by sight.

Not really what you want in my opinion.

BubbaBear

Extra compact tight buds with long hairs are a tell tail sign also they tend to be darker green and lack crystals. So many of my friends were so used to dense paclo'd out club weed I had to educate them that overly dense weed isnt what you should be looking for quite the opposite actually.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
They have been sending this stuff out globally don't forget. Accumulatively they must of killed people by now. The governing body needs arresting for being so slow to act.

BongFu

I give a shite but getting companies like GH and Cyco to stop selling those products just because there primarily used by cannabis growers isnt going to stop the problem, idiots that want to use them are going to continue using them but at least testing for them is readily available.

PGRs are for sale all over the internet and the commercial growers that use them definitely aren't buying those ridiculous $100 quarts of watered down paclobutrazol there buying powder or commercially available formulas for 1/100th the cost.

Good thing testing has become widely available and reasonably priced but I just assume if I'm not getting weed from a licensed club(which I never do) or a trusted homie(in a clutch)that it probably has some nasty chems in it.

The key difference between GH and Cyco is GH aren't so stupid as to openly promote Dr Nodes for off label use contrary to the registration. If they did they too would be busted by the EPA who has oversight of US products.

Your attitude is extremely defeatist - when was the last time you saw a thread on a forum hyping up the use of a PGR product? Doesn't happen anymore. If someone even intonates these days that they use say paclo they are quickly told they are a shit bag loser. You mustn't have been around in the days of Overgrow when threads were rife on the use of e.g. Superbud (later rebranded as phosphoload). The community has made massive inroads into exposing PGRs since about 2010 when Glow went live on them and published lab data once and for all ending speculation on what was in these poisons. There have been hundreds of online articles since and in Australia now there is a huge campaign building against PGRs (run a search on Friendly Aussie buds) - just one of the reasons Cyco got outted and taken down (finally). Next came testing for PGRs in legal Med and Rec - standard stuff in the pesticide screen which is compulsory now in a number of states. No pesticide screen, no selling through licensed dispensaries period. So in 10 years there has been massive inroads made against PGRS. Had everyone thrown their hands up and said there is nothing we can do about it the picture would be very different. I mean you are the guy that was also saying that Cyco uses pharmaceutical grade fertilizers (hahaha) in another thread on Cyco _ I pointed out then that you'd have to have rocks for brains to believe that (you can't even purchase pharmaceutical grade fertilizers such as calcium nitrate and MKP and MAP). Oh and if people are so stupid as to buy from the black market they should accept that a high degree of black market growers are ignorant cash driven scum bags so if they want PGR, Pesticide and Microbial free/tested cannabis they should purchase only from dispensaries. Let's face it the vape deaths lately were all related to black market sales while the vapes sold through licensed dispensaries weren't killing people. It's all about education BB - as growers and consumers become educated they become more empowered and knowledgeable. It's also about regulatory oversight to protect consumers. That's what has just happened in Australia - 10 years too late but at least the APVMA got Cyco in the end. Hopefully, consumer watch dogs there will also bust Cyco for their false marketing (e.g. pharmaceutical grade) as one of the shadiest companies in the hydro industry (longtime links to a particular 1% SA Bikie club), itself almost becoming obsolete in a legal market where input costs need to be driven down and overpriced liquids are no longer viable in cannabis production. Anyway mate there's millions of litres of PGRs sold over 10 years just been accounted for - hopefully the APVMA in Australia accounts for this and hits Cyco with massive fines. One things for sure - Cyco poisons are no longer going to be available openly in Australian hydroponic stores so PGRs are relegated to their rightful place as seedy under the counter sales with their pedlars hiding in dark corners hoping they don't get a visit from regulatory authorities who can hit them with $50,000 plus fines per sale.

Last edited:

BongFu

I've seen beautiful cookie nugs that were hit week 5 of flower with density, more growers out here use pgrs than growers who do not

Not in the legal dispensary market. All cannabis is tested for PGRs (e.g. paclo) in the pesticide screen. So you are clearly talking about the black market. See my comments above on this.

little-soldier

Thank you all for sharing this important information. It reminds me back in the day we got a couple buds that looked just like that. It was so rock hard we couldn't break it up and when we tried to smoke it, it wouldn't burn that well. Very informative, hell now I don't even use anything with seaweed in it anymore. Sure its apparently a natural PGR but I don't take the chance plus I don't like what it does to my plants. People would say it makes your plants grow faster but all I see is stem elongation with no extra shoot so I call it stretch.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
The key difference between GH and Cyco is GH aren't so stupid as to openly promote Dr Nodes for off label use contrary to the registration. If they did they too would be busted by the EPA who has oversight of US products.

Your attitude is extremely defeatist - when was the last time you saw a thread on a forum hyping up the use of a PGR product? Doesn't happen anymore. If someone even intonates these days that they use say paclo they are quickly told they are a shit bag loser. You mustn't have been around in the days of Overgrow when threads were rife on the use of e.g. Superbud (later rebranded as phosphoload). The community has made massive inroads into exposing PGRs since about 2010 when Glow went live on them and published lab data once and for all ending speculation on what was in these poisons. There have been hundreds of online articles since and in Australia now there is a huge campaign building against PGRs (run a search on Friendly Aussie buds) - just one of the reasons Cyco got outted and taken down (finally). Next came testing for PGRs in legal Med and Rec - standard stuff in the pesticide screen which is compulsory now in a number of states. No pesticide screen, no selling through licensed dispensaries period. So in 10 years there has been massive inroads made against PGRS. Had everyone thrown their hands up and said there is nothing we can do about it the picture would be very different. I mean you are the guy that was also saying that Cyco uses pharmaceutical grade fertilizers (hahaha) in another thread on Cyco _ I pointed out then that you'd have to have rocks for brains to believe that (you can't even purchase pharmaceutical grade fertilizers such as calcium nitrate and MKP and MAP). Oh and if people are so stupid as to buy from the black market they should accept that a high degree of black market growers are ignorant cash driven scum bags so if they want PGR, Pesticide and Microbial free/tested cannabis they should purchase only from dispensaries. Let's face it the vape deaths lately were all related to black market sales while the vapes sold through licensed dispensaries weren't killing people. It's all about education BB - as growers and consumers become educated they become more empowered and knowledgeable. It's also about regulatory oversight to protect consumers. That's what has just happened in Australia - 10 years too late but at least the APVMA got Cyco in the end. Hopefully, consumer watch dogs there will also bust Cyco for their false marketing (e.g. pharmaceutical grade) as one of the shadiest companies in the hydro industry (longtime links to a particular 1% SA Bikie club), itself almost becoming obsolete in a legal market where input costs need to be driven down and overpriced liquids are no longer viable in cannabis production. Anyway mate there's millions of litres of PGRs sold over 10 years just been accounted for - hopefully the APVMA in Australia accounts for this and hits Cyco with massive fines. One things for sure - Cyco poisons are no longer going to be available openly in Australian hydroponic stores so PGRs are relegated to their rightful place as seedy under the counter sales with their pedlars hiding in dark corners hoping they don't get a visit from regulatory authorities who can hit them with $50,000 plus fines per sale.

Last time I looked cannabis with THC is illegal in Oz .
No regulation in a black market .
No over sight . No fcking dispensaries . No tests what so ever .
Russian roulette as far as what it was fed . Grow your own , don`t support organised crime .

Latest posts

Latest posts