What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC420CUP 2020 POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's kind of hard to say for now.

By the end of this Summer most countries people would be coming from would have completed vaccination, and assuming everyone attending has been vaccinated, it should be possible to have a "safe" event.

There was recently an experiment in Spain, a concert with 1,000 participants, in which everyone had to show a negative test, and the results were good. Something like that could work, people would need to show proof of 2 tests: a negative for COVID and a positive for THC :biggrin:

But it will ultimately depend on the local regulations, and whether or not these local variants continue to pop up or not.

There are ways to adapt or course, but not knowing what the situation would be in a couple of months, makes it a tricky one to call, specially when some logistics need to be arranged in advance.

Just my 2 cents.

:tiphat:

B

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it is looking like 2021 will be a wash, not happy about it

hey man,

good to see you about the place.
sadly i think you are right and things will not be better in time for April. maybe summer will be ok for travel as the numbers went down a lot last summer and by then the vaccines will have been widely distributed.

i just read that the mayor of Amsterdam want to forbid tourists from visiting coffee shops. apparently its a good way to get the visiting numbers down lol. what a moron as if the businesses wouldn't need every penny when they finally can open to tourists again.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
It's kind of hard to say for now.

By the end of this Summer most countries people would be coming from would have completed vaccination, and assuming everyone attending has been vaccinated, it should be possible to have a "safe" event.

There was recently an experiment in Spain, a concert with 1,000 participants, in which everyone had to show a negative test, and the results were good. Something like that could work, people would need to show proof of 2 tests: a negative for COVID and a positive for THC :biggrin:

But it will ultimately depend on the local regulations, and whether or not these local variants continue to pop up or not.

There are ways to adapt or course, but not knowing what the situation would be in a couple of months, makes it a tricky one to call, specially when some logistics need to be arranged in advance.

Just my 2 cents.

B

hey bro

thats why maybe just a meet up without official cup structures would be the way to go, that way it can be short notice

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hope that by summer and fall the situation will be better. Maybe 21 harvest cup in oct or nov?

hey man, hope all is well with you and yours. yeah, in the end only time will tell, but the ic420cup will most probably not work again this year. been a long times since we had a 1 year gap, let alone 2 years.

Bean Sprout

Could it be possible to have all entries sent out to judges in something similar to the box pictured here? Then the judges would communicate via a Zoom meeting and with pay per view spectating. Swag via Shopify or whatever.
Where there’s a will there’s a way.
picture.php

Bean Sprout

Participants in areas where prohibition still applies would be advised to use a reliable proxy service and avoid identifying their identities. I’m sure ICMag IT people would have this all looked after with little (if any) more effort than what they already provide on this website.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Way to riscy and adds up too much for one. Sorry stupid idea. And the most stupid part is to talk on the internet about it.

Bean Sprout

Way to riscy and adds up too much for one. Sorry stupid idea. And the most stupid part is to talk on the internet about it.

Oh right. I keep forgetting that many are still suffering draconian laws. Been personally legal to grow since 2003 in BC Canada. Now with full legalization I forgot others can’t quite be so relaxed about it.

To your point: I did suggest being disguised and having network proxy as levels of security. Even I would use these measures to avoid unnecessary problems with the inevitable dunces out there who can’t handle others who just want to enjoy a good time. :wtf:

picture.php

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran

there are such cups being done, but i do agree its really not why i go to a cup, if i can't meet friends and hang out in person.

judging is a lot of fun of course :D

but it is indeed hard to do it by mail, a lot of trust by both judges and organizers and a lot of good luck would be needed and good luck getting the actual votes from half the people who order judge packs by mail, lol.

also the guy sending them out would be taking quite a big chance even in some of the more liberal countries in the EU.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
April's screwed. It's still cold and wet in much of Europe and this thing is totally following the weather as most rational people know these things do.

If you had your first Jab today it would be the middle of March before you got your second. A course that doesn't give immunity, it just helps. So unless Spain can get everyone jabbed at a remarkable rate, the country won't be inviting anyone in. Regardless of the visitors condition.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there are such cups being done, but i do agree its really not why i go to a cup, if i can't meet friends and hang out in person.

judging is a lot of fun of course :D

but it is indeed hard to do it by mail, a lot of trust by both judges and organizers and a lot of good luck would be needed and good luck getting the actual votes from half the people who order judge packs by mail, lol.

also the guy sending them out would be taking quite a big chance even in some of the more liberal countries in the EU.

Only positive really is that right now no one looks twice if you enter the post office, masked up and gloves and all hahaha.
I think the IC Cup lives off of a face to face gathering of expert growers who smoke a lot of outstanding dope and while I'm sure everybody is getting high every day right now anyways, not doing it in person could be fun, but it would also be something else... a different event all together. I'd rather wait and get to share joints with everyone else again some time in future (or maybe this won't even be a thing anymore in the future, sigh, 5 years from now puff puff pass might seem like a relic from the neolithic ages, I so much hope not)

CC

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats why maybe just a meet up without official cup structures would be the way to go, that way it can be short notice

Hey G,

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking is the best compromise, and would make all those lurkers think that there isn't a cup when in fact... :biggrin:

But even that would depend on local and medical regulations (venues being open, how many people can gather, not sharing j's) that would allow us to have a "safe" event.

Meanwhile Amsterdam is talking about limiting entry to the coffeeshops to local residents only (for the 3rd time since I remember), it might be a good reason to visit one last time... That and Brexit :)

B

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey G,

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking is the best compromise, and would make all those lurkers think that there isn't a cup when in fact... :biggrin:

But even that would depend on local and medical regulations (venues being open, how many people can gather, not sharing j's) that would allow us to have a "safe" event.

Meanwhile Amsterdam is talking about limiting entry to the coffeeshops to local residents only (for the 3rd time since I remember), it might be a good reason to visit one last time... That and Brexit :)

B

thats good point, would be cool to have it there one last time before they change the law. been a while since we did it in Amsterdam.

sourkush

I just read an article saying no tourists in spain before the end of the summer.
I don't know if its sure but i guess even a meetup might be complicated :(

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Holland in curfew,,,
Imagine July/August might be ok but who knows?

Latest posts

Latest posts