What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WV's some of this and that!!

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ahhhh yeah..!! Those ladies are filling in nicely, wv. Damn, you've been busy. Great work, my brutha":tiphat: Damn, you can light up the night with all those lights...lol. On to the Rapid Rooters........how long have you had them in the tray? I give it at least 8-10 days before I see the roots peaking thru the rr's - sometimes 14 days, depending on the genetics. As long as they stay moist, and keep the temps up, you'll be good. As you've stated, you may have already seen roots coming thru. I'm willing to bet you'll have way more than 50% success. I just took cuts from my Wedding Cake, Dosi Cake, Chem91, SFV OG, Cali Orange, Boss Hogg, and Banana Kush. Hope like hell I have enough rr's to complete the task.

Give those RR's another day or two, then check.:yes:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea the rapid rooters I think were about right when I added the solution in bottom of the trays. I'll have to look back on here and see how many days the clones have been in there. I've got another 1000w I'm gonna put up tonight probably. Glad to have a lil extra light the plants have almost overgrew my grow room lol.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Its been about 8 or 10 days on my tray of clones. Which it's been around lower 70s inside my dome so they might not have all rooted or slower. Ill probably wait about 2 more days since I just put a little solution in the trays and see if anything come out.

Badfishy1

I'm not very familiar with how many amps a few Leds will pull. How can you tell besides get a meter how much electricity your using/pulling?? I'm starting to get a lot of Leds plugged in and would like to know more about it, so I'm know what breakers to use and such. I'm just gonna have to use 7.6 amps for my dehumidifier. I've got 10+ Leds going. No Hps or anything. Probably can get the meter on Amazon for nothing, I'm not sure though

Watts/ voltage = amperage. However the chances of ACTUALLY drawing wattage as specs say are right between Zero and None. Clamp meter is only way for an accurate reading. However need to clamp black wire feeding room. Trying to clamp a cord will read as 0

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Watts/ voltage = amperage. However the chances of ACTUALLY drawing wattage as specs say are right between Zero and None. Clamp meter is only way for an accurate reading. However need to clamp black wire feeding room. Trying to clamp a cord will read as 0

I was more fimilar you know figuring up amps beening from the US and whatnot. I used to run only HPS and I had everything added up to I knew what I could run and not kick the breaker. But this house I'm at now has a big breaker box, I've got 1-2 breakers that went bad I need to replace. I'd probably have enough to run my 2 1000w hps if needed when I replace those. I'm not sure exactly which one it is but it's a 20 or 30 amp breaker that went bad. I feel like a idiot lol, I was trying to figure out how to daisy chain your Leds, I thought you had to have a 14-2 wire, I hasn't aware the power cords just plug right into the top on most the Leds lol smh.

I didn't really know if you could get a meter and see what the actual amps were that didn't cost a arm and leg? But as long as all my extension cords and dividers don't feel hot and my breakers aren't hot or nothing. But I gotta figure out which breaker is the bad one and replace it. I'd just need a amperage meter to see which one or maybe 2 that went bad. I'll probably try to replace these definitely before my next grow. I was also gonna add a 6in exhaust fan with Terra Bloom carbon filter to go with my 8 in exhaust with 8in Terra Bloom carbon filter. I've already got them but the plants have got so big I'm probably gonna 100% put that up for next grow. And I'll have my fans bringing air in when it warms up some as the weather gets warmer. I've got a 4in or 6in I use to bring air in. But obviously in the winter I'm not bringing in cold air. I've had to use a small heater in that flowering room to keep it around 72-68f or so, and I've got the humidity down around 45-42% with the dehumidifier. And like I said as Vash was saying i put up a new Terra Bloom 6in fan just to blow air flow in the room better. I think they have stopped growing/stretching and setting in on buddage now!!! I'm gonna put another 1000w Updayday up tomorrow accross from the other one. And I've got another Led 1000w I'm working on trying to fix, per the engineering departments help. I used to work making T5 and custom T8 lights about 12yrs ago. So with a little help if theres not a major problem I'll have another 1000w I'll probably add to my Vegging plants and moms.

The clones I'm adding up to around 10 days. I put that solution in the bottom. I'll probably wait another day or 2 and pray a few of them root. I won't stop until my cloning game is up to par with my growing skills. I'll keep trying and asking questions, that's how you learn.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No worries on the cloning skills, wv. You'll have this in control in no time. Temps and humidity - most important. IMO, of course. Good luck with those LED's.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
No worries on the cloning skills, wv. You'll have this in control in no time. Temps and humidity - most important. IMO, of course. Good luck with those LED's.

I've still got 2 1000w hps that I'd probably run at least 1. Yea I'm getting roots, I believe I can transplant some already.. I'd like to try another round of Sour Valley and OGKB .I've only got a few clones or plants of these 2, but need more. I'm gonna move the mom's to the Veg area. I've gotta get everything cleaned outta my side attachment lol. Next time I order some nutes I'll get something to put in my tray/dome to watch the humidity. Everything looks good in flowering. These Lemon Tart smell strong, maybe a good idea keeping that cut

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Hopefully transplant some clones later from that tray, I know some have rooted. I've used that HDI Mother Plant A and B in between my Fox Farm blend. It seems to be ok, especially on these big girls I figured it wouldn't hurt. I'll get some pics and stuff later tonight.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Congrats on the roots, wv:headbange. More to come, I'm sure. Easy peasey. Once you're comfortable with that method, it's all golden from that point.

I put cuts under the dome today. Notice the temps and humidity.

Badfishy1

Guess it’s a matter of how important safety is to you. I like to know exactly what I’m working with. Personally would spend the $50 on a decent tester from a big box store before I’d buy another bag of ‘miracle in a bag’ nutrient and be able to sleep at night. But that’s just me. As far as figuring out which breaker is bad, a multimeter will work there too. Either way good luck

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Guess it’s a matter of how important safety is to you. I like to know exactly what I’m working with. Personally would spend the $50 on a decent tester from a big box store before I’d buy another bag of ‘miracle in a bag’ nutrient and be able to sleep at night. But that’s just me. As far as figuring out which breaker is bad, a multimeter will work there too. Either way good luck

Yea I feel I'm pretty safe and everything. Just got a couple breakers I'm gonna replace later on in my bedroom. I've got a pretty good size breaker box. It was a garage and there even used to have a tanning bed. Honestly feel safer than if my 2 1000w hps was on, getting your normal cords hot. I've got a big thick extension cord if I put up my HPS. I keep a lot of fans blowing on my plants and equipment also.:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well I did really good on the 12 Burning Man. I got at least 9-10 in solo cups. And got 4 Sour Valley outta 6. I've still got 4-5 in the dome. Most of what I lost was my fault. I'm gonna probably throw in another round pretty soon. I might get a few more, there some nice roots. I probably am to blame for at least 4-5 I accidentally killed , lol well I'm to blame for everything. But I'm very happy, I've had a helluva time getting a cut from this plant. It's probably not gonna be worth a shit lol, I haven't smoked it but got The Burning Man and Chocolate Nightmare clones

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I turned up the ppm on feed. These San Fernando Lemon kush will eat your nutes up lol. I figured these could go 70days or so and the Lemon Tart maybe a week earlier. Fox Farm mixture. Also added some Mikrobs to half the Veg room and moms, I'll get the others this evening. These SLK really are getting big!!! Hopefully everything goes good the next 30 + days and I can harvest and start the next. I'll mainly be adding pics and letting folks know what I'm using and doing once. Also some Vegging pics. Thanks Vash I'll keep a eye on these other few clones. But I'm happy, like I said I made a few mistakes I know probably cost a few. But I'm got them in Coast of Maine seed starter and quiet a bit of perlite. Hopefully they'll be good!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I just want people to know if I'm using a product, equipment, or ferts/nutes if I don't like them or feel i dont need I'll definitely let everybody know. I'm just trying to give back to the community and share what I know and still learning. I was a few members behind BOG on overgrow, and register with icmag in 2008. I'll keep a lot of varieties like I promised, but might run the good stuff more. But I'm a honest guy, with no reason to lie. Just wanted to let guys know if your a newer member.

But I'm basically on a routine with feeding. When they get big a gallon a day isn't nothing. I'm getting by with about a half gal a plant now, but with the buds forming it's definitely gonna take a gal a day on the San Fernando Lemon kush....the larger Lemon Tart drinking a lot too, as you younger growers will learn, you start with a spray bottle watering your seedlings or clones and will be pouring a lot of water to your plants around mid flowering and on. It's easy to tell by feeling your buckets, if there heavy give them a few days to dry up. And if there huge plants that's really lightweight you better get watering. Just some 101 stuff.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's a few pics of my clones!!!! and those 2 seedlings are Tahoe OG. I've got 3 since Sour Valley the one might not make it. But all the others are Burning Man from Exotic Gentix Spirt of the sky x Triple OG. I got about 10-11 of those!!!! I've got some Serious Seeds stuff, Karma, Cali Connection,,, my buddys, and. The Chocolate Nightmare I can't wait to try also. I'll probably get 4-5 in my next grow. I'm gonna do 12 more and do 6 OGKB 2.0 and do 3 Sour Valley and 3 Chocolate Nightmare. Also any of you guys live around a Dollar Tree store??, you can find nice pots, snips, soft tie, those little dome trays. Some stuff for a $1, there snips are great. I will get a few more sets when they get them. Why pay 5-10$ for pots when most dollar trees you can get a 2-3 gal pot for $1. I'm gonna try to get a pic and post of the flowering room. Sorry about the cloning stuff guys. I mainly just want a page to post my grows, I'll probably post the grow tomorrow

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
My bad I thought I posted the clones, let me get a pic real quick. Here's some pics of the plants in flowering, roughly a mth give or take. The SLK are gonna take a extra week I think.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's the recent clone pic. All in the first pic is Burning Man from Exotic Gentix, expect the really dark green one is OGKB 2.0 and the 2 seedlings are Tahoe OG. And the 4 are Sour Valley, the one looks kinda rough but we'll see. And the other 2 are BM. I've still got 1 BM that I'm thinking might root. But I messed up a few probably 3 myself. I'm putting 12-15 more rooters in tonite. It was very cold the last time. I've got the temps warmer now. But the Burning Man are already getting greener as are the Sour Valley. I give them a decent about of Fox Farm Grow

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Those are all on Eachon heat pads, and the 4 are on a,window seal pad from Heezy from Amazon. Sorry guys I'm moving that stuff to the Veg room and had took a light. And kinda easing everything else out there. Those 3 mom's are gonna be hard to get back there. But I've had some Karma Headbanger and Biker x Sherb fems I'm keeping and will probably get those 3-4 moved down there. I think another Headbanger is female, I'm pretty sure the other is a male. I definitely wanna keep a mom of each and get some of these strains flowered out. I'm gonna mix my solution a lil stronger and the warmer tents. I'm failed many times trying to get clones from the Burning Man plant. Now I'm gonna have half a grow worth of those lol, hopefully there good???

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
The Burning Man clones I feel all are getting greener and looking better everyday, I got 9 and 1 from some Id had started, so 10. The 4 Sour Valley I've got 3 doing great and the 4th I'm not sure about. It'll probably be ok just take longer. I got some more cubes in solution last nite. I'm definitely looking at 6 each of the Sour Valley &OGKB 2.0. And I've got a few more I'll probably get a couple Chocolate Nightmare and see if I can get the larger Strawberry Aks from Serious to clone yet. I've got one pretty good size. So its looking like about 50% on the clones. Id already knew i needed it warmer in there. Which i screwed up a few I know at least 3-4. I'm happy with what I got, that's a improvement every time the last 3 trys. I feel this one coming up I got about 16-18 cubes, hopefully I can get 10-12. I feel the trays were kinda small the put 24 in and broke a few. So I'm probably only put about half in these trays. I really appreciate it Vash. I'm gonna give it another try, tweak a few things.

Latest posts

Latest posts