What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

small 5x5 greenhouse grow

jwm

Veteran
one has the normal skunky flowering smell but the other has is smelling of blueberries

jwm

Veteran
My transplant surgery is paying off! Both are really perking up and re-greening. I read very differing thoughts on whether faded leaves can, do re-green if re-dosed w/ nitrogen.
Unless the leaves are white and or brittle they def do re-green...
Thought I'd throw in a shot of some flower i picked up on the way home today...

8-31.jpg

8-31-19.jpg

GDP.jpg
GDP
dosido.jpg
DOSIDO

jwm

Veteran
rot.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2162.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

Had a bit of bitrytis ! Fortunately caught it in time. Cut out the affected buds. I have friends that are fighting it as well.
Usually Sept around here isn't this wet. Thank god I've got the gh...
Was partially closing it up at night because the temps were dropping but apparently it created too much moisture. Think I've got it dialed in.
Another 2-3 weeks.

jwm

Veteran
IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg
gettin' chilly thank god for the green house

IMG_2247.jpg

chopped one. will do the remaining plant in a few days.

jwm

Veteran
Ended up w/ 10 oz off 2 plants.
Pulled a tad early because weather was getting bad.
Making some fine brownies w/ the trim.

bud.jpg

butter.JPG

thundergodfist

View attachment 506421

View attachment 506422

View attachment 506423

View attachment 506424

Had a bit of bitrytis ! Fortunately caught it in time. Cut out the affected buds. I have friends that are fighting it as well.
Usually Sept around here isn't this wet. Thank god I've got the gh...
Was partially closing it up at night because the temps were dropping but apparently it created too much moisture. Think I've got it dialed in.
Another 2-3 weeks.

Did you end up leaving the gh open at night? Did you have to put a fan in there?

thundergodfist

Hey fellow growers....

Notice the wet under the pots. I'm only having to water these every 5-6 days.
Question, should I have the pots directly on the grass, raised off the ground or leave them on the cardboard? Or does it make any difference?
Opinions...

Personally I put my smart pots directly on the grass. The plants' roots will shoot through and connect to the fungal super highways in your soil and tap into that for additional nutrients. It helps when the soil in my pots are running on fumes. Provided you don't have any issues with quality of the soil beneath.

Bleiweis

Veteran
I'm also interested in the fact if you did put a fan and heater in there? Un-heated GH in my location means a lot of moisture and lots of botrytis.

jwm

Veteran
sorry for the super late reply....yes, w/out a gh they wouldn't finish properly.
no fan, left it open at night w/ just the screens in place. regulating humidity is key, obviously. this season it's purple maroc from female seeds.

jwm

Veteran
I'm also interested in the fact if you did put a fan and heater in there? Un-heated GH in my location means a lot of moisture and lots of botrytis.

my gh has doors w/ screens at both ends.
I had very very little rot and caught it early.