What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any additives still around to stop stretch>

Hey guys,
Planning my next group, i was researching and came across bushmaster but cant find it online anywhere. Are there any additives that stop stretch on the market? Thanks!~

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
veg longer under 5000-6500K, even into 2 weeks of cutting light back for flowering

mless

Thanks I did that and it didn't stop them from stretching and I brutally abused them too

What strain is it? What kind of light are you using?

You cannot stop nature but sometimes you can control it by having smaller pots until the stretching ends, having a good source of light and keeping the right distance so PAR level would be high.

You can feel free to tie them too.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
True Blooms by Primordial Solutions works great for stopping stretch and adding budsites. It's used as a foliar. It's spendy- $60 for 16oz but being for a foliar the bottle will last forever. It's organic.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wouldn't use chemicals....systemic....but that's our choice.

Top them, LST them.

Is it really stretch you're trying to stop or are you looking for tighter node spacing? Canopy depth is a good thing as long nodes are tight and that depth is a result of stretch. But if you're trying to limit stretch for height issues just shorten veg time. If trying to tighten node spacing spray kelp once a week up to week 3 of flower.

MrBungle

I personally just flower smaller plants and let them stretch to fill my garden

embrace the stretch :D

BigFoote

I would use a screen, you can buy one at the hardware store. then mount a little below where you want them to stop. Just keep tucking the tops under the screen, you might want to trim out some under growth since they wont get much light. I read a book where he says that he actually uses a screen to push down the plants if they are already to tall.

BubbaBear

BigFoote is right throwing a screen over the top of your plants the first couple weeks of flower dramatically reduces stretch. No sketchy chem PGRs that should not be used on consumable crops needed. Theres a reason those chems have been pulled paclobutrazol is found in tested cannabis all the time, people need to quit using that shite

Never used Chems but it can definitely be tough if you have a girl that wants to triple in height. Never heard of using kelp, going to give that a try.

meyerlansky

i know of 2 that work well, the 1st one is phosphoload which they stopped making but you can still buy it on eBay, some people say that it is fake nutrients in there because they stopped making it over a year ago, me personnally i bought it on eBay and it worked for me within 2-3 days it grew maybe 2-3 more inches then stopped, the other one that is still on the market but it is pretty expensive is called "the beast " your supposed to follow the instructions exactly how it says and only use it for 24-36 hours thats about 3-4 feeds and just use it with PH'ed water, no other nutes, it will also grow maybe 2-3 inches then stop. But those are the 2 that i would go with, but i have been using "the beast" the last couple of grows, its about $160 for a liter depending on how big your grow is but you can find it online at a reliable store for about $120

UncleWiggy

Personally, I would stay away from plant growth regulators derived from paclobutrazol and daminozide. These include Bushmaster, Gravity, Flower Dragon, TopLoad, PhosphoLoad and BushLoad. They are banned for sale in California, are proven to be toxic, and produce buds that don't taste very good. A safer option is ethephon. Ethephon is metabolized by plants into ethylene, a natural plant hormone, and is the only pgr that is approved for commercial agricultural use. It's fda approved for tobacco, so should be safe for consumable combustibles. It is the most widely used pgr in the world, and it's used on many food crops we consume daily. AN sells it as Bud Igniter, but it's way cheaper as Florel, like $15 for a liter which should last several crop cycles. Additionally, Dutch Master Reverse contains ethephon, which also reverses hermies and stabilizes hermie-prone genetics. As always, it's a personal choice to use any pgr in your garden, but Ethephon is the safest option.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AHANY0/ref=twister_B017P0GTG6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

zeke99

I personally just flower smaller plants and let them stretch to fill my garden

embrace the stretch :D

Smaller or fewer and by not crowding them out, one can slow or stop the shade avoidance response (which causes more stretch). Easier said than done if you are working with a new variety or otherwise cannot form a probabilistic expectation of the vertical and horizontal stretch, but doable nonetheless.

HqFarms

I stopped using it but osa28 at double the recommended dose during the first two weeks reduces stretch. I did notice it made my flowers burn darker though. I'm with the other people on this thread and anticipate the stretch. Don't veg so long that stretch becomes a issue.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
You don't need chemicals to keep plants from stretching. All you need is blue light, right about 450 nanometers of the visual light spectrum.

-Funk

Latest posts

Latest posts