What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Truecannabliss' IC Mag 420 cup adventures

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey all :wave: been back a couple days now and the trip to the cup resulted in what were undoubtably 3 of the best days of my life, this is no understatement and i make it after failing to find a word worthy of describing how wonderful it was.
So many great stories,great laughs :biglaugh: , tears of laughter, superb weed :canabis: , delicous hash :eek: and most of all so many wonderful people :friends: , my biggest regret is having missed few ic'ers and that i did not get to hang with a few as much as id hoped, never the less i think i managed to say hi to most of the peeps from icmag that attended.
In a lifestyle that can so often segrigate us from society and force us to be paranoid and wary it was a beautiful experience to be able to meet so many like minded people, to feel as though you belonged and were around the type of people who judge you on who you are, ignoring the visual and focusing on the person inside, no steroetypes or generalisations. Still puts a smile on my face to think of all the different looking people, what a motly bunch we were, had people baffled when we all walked the streets, such a variation of age, background, race, nationality that under any other circumstance would rarely find such a mix, let alone one of such positive, talented, good people.
There was so much to take in and experience, so many people and places with so much info to absorb. The ability to discuss the love of smoking and growing cannabis so openly and with such varied opinions was a joy that i will miss greatly till next year, although im sure we will manage on here at IC.
I shall be continuing this thread as the memories flood back so it may take some time, ill throw up a few photos too but sadly i dont have many due to rain(difficult to carry around) and being far to stoned.
Everyone who contributed to my trip a BIG THANKYOU, i shall get into specifics soon, one thing is for sure i am one very happy guy currently planning a week to the dam from 17/04/2006 till 23/04/2006 and also pondering my entry.
Keep an eye out for updates and ill see ya in chat real soon.
Peace

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
A pleasure to meet and smoke with you TC!! Sorry we did not hang out more..... there is next year. Hope you can enter something next time!! :canabis:

truecannabliss

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and back they flood...................

and back they flood...................

This trip had been planned since the end of last year and despite having checked mine and Marleys flight and hotel details 100 times since then I probably did it another 20 times in the 24 hours leading up to departure. All went well and after a 3.30am wake up we were in Amsterdam by around 8am, there were no problems and upon arrival i became even more excited and in need of a spliff.
As usual we jumped the train to central station and began to search out our hotel which i knew was near where we had stayed previously, after some searching and a few questions we arrived and within minutes it dawned on us it was where we had stayed the time before :biglaugh: .
Our rooms were not ready so we threw our cases in the luggage room and quick stepped to the nearest coffee shop, once inside it was apparent it was a tourist place and after nothing jumped out i decided on a gramm of one for 7euros, as i saw it on the scales i realised i was gonna need more for my big pure spliffs so i asked for another, as i did Marley began to order his and by doing so confused the man serving and resulting in me getting charged for 1gramm, i waited untill he had finished serving Marley and then informed him of his mistake and gave him the other 7euros and telling him 'thats good karma'. The weed was not very nice but did the job for the time being, calmed me down a little but I was still dieing to get to Seedboutique so we began to make our way there.
Upon walking through the door i was encountered my the ever friendly smile of Dutchgrown and a very busy shop, i was so excited who could be who? and then i was hit with a shock that sent me reeling from that moment on,
myself and Marley were told that we were being upgraded to Expert Judges because some people had not made it(my heart goes out to them you can not begin to realise how much i appreciated the passes). I was overwealmed to say the least, why Dutchgrown chose us i will never know but i think Karma played a big part(that thought shot through my mind repetitivly) and the fact that her and the crew are so wonderful. I have to say that the thread will lose its fluidity now as i was now faced with 30hours to judge all the entries and things are not so clear from here on in. Fear not folks i am a serious smoker and the fact i had been bestowed with this honour gave me the extra drive to do it efficient and fairly.
Now before i finish this section i have to say that i did have doubts as to there being so much weed that it would be passed about to get rid of it but i am not joking it was amazing how much smoking went on, how much weed was consumed, anyone who did not have an expert pass were well looked after and no one was left out, everywhere you turned there was something to smoke being handed to ya, bong, sliff, pipe, vape it was everywhere, kind of vibe where a cirle of 5 have 8 spliffs a bong and a pipe :eek: all on the go at the same time, you can not grasp it without actually being there so start saving for next year now.
Peace

truecannabliss

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sitting in seeds boutique

sitting in seeds boutique

So there i am sitting in Seeds boutique overwealmed and looking forward to the chalange, within a few minutes i have met some wonderful people such as Oldpink, Baccus, Bog, Bluevelvet, HOG and so many its hard to remember, OHenry and his mrs turned up, great couple. I was expecting Hazyfontazy and Dr D (whos i have met in england) to be there and within a few minutes they had arrived, I did not mention to Dr D about my upgrade as I felt bad he had not been, then hey presto along comes the angel of the day Dutchgrown to upgrade Dr D, now this was gonna be some serious fun :joint: :friends:
Hazyfontazy arrived after having waited at the station for us, he must have been smoking a lot was my thoughts coz we arranged to meet at the shop :biglaugh: .
So i began to start judging and on the advice of someone started with the smallest catagory first in order to get the hang of the judging- HASH here i come :eek: this stuff was all delicous and as potent as hell all of em and aftr smoking all 3 one after another in my newly aquired glass pipe which came in my goodie bag. After smoking so much weed back home recently it was such a pleasent change to hit some hash, all bubbled and went down so smoothly i was not sure if i was inhaling till i began to exhale, it was hard to judge the potency of em but i did my best, between each entry i began to realise how much weed was being smoked it was coming at me from all angles. One of the highlight of that hour of so was the meeting of the generous Trichomefarmer who seemed to be offering hits of his full melt bubble at very oppertunity and may i say it was a true pleasure to smoke, unlike any i have ever tried before so smooth and creamy with a rich taste, thanks again.
The fun was under way and me and Marley began to plan our day with Dr D and Hazy, the plan-hit Fat City, smoke, smoke and smoke some more. on amore personal note i decided to begin sampling the grower sativa entries, reason being that ive always been a indica head and wanted to get a taste for the sativa tastes and effects.
Thats all for now but keep an eye out for more soon.
Peace
oh and here is one of the hash entries

G

HI true!! I'm gonna love reading yours and other's experiances at the cup.

truecannabliss

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so on we go............

so on we go............

So after a nice walk to Fat City (them sativas had me floating round the place), where i quickly became addicted to their hot chocolate me and Marley said farewell for a quick trip back to our hotel to check in if i remember correctly we had to get Dr D to come with us to find the way :biglaugh: my perception of direction totally went out of the widow for this trip, i mean i've been her 6 time i know my way but just couldnt figure my bearing. The hotel stop was a quick one accompanied by a KFC after all so fare breakfast had consisted of hash and sativas, with the odd indica thrown my way too.

Things go a little hazy for a bit between then and the trip to Nols, actually a lot hazy so let me jump right to the point of being outside the station with a whole bundle of rag tag stoners, we really covered the human spectrum :smile: and the journey there was fun just to see people looking at all 40+ of us, when we reached nols shop in Haarlem the 1st one was packed so off we went to his other, this was no easy task for DG to keep us all in check but she had great help from Tricomefarmer who held back to watch out for strays. when we arrived at Nols (cant remember the shops name) it was the most impressive coffee shop i have been into and Nols standard as a host was even more tremendous, as if we have'nt got enough to smoke he starts throwing down lumps of icolator hash, manali and some beatiful bio weed (cant remeber the name) and let me say this was not the leftovers or low grade it was top shelf and not crumbs and the odd nug, lumps and bags of nugs. The shop had everything a stoner could ask for and some that they would be too stoned to think of asking for, so much time and attention to detail that you just know thsi guy loves to toke, just seems he is putting his dreams into realities. Many many thanks again Nol we could not have dreamt of a warmer welcome, next visit to dam im gonna come visit ya for a few days to soak up the Haarlem vibe. After a nice smoke and some beautiful conversation it was time to head back, unless ya wanted to make your own way back( and that would have been the last u would have seen of me :biglaugh: ).
Being that it was day 2 of the cup and i had very little time left to do my judgung i was on a serious mission and spent the rest of the day and night in Fat city kicking it with what would become our main companions(Jubei+2) and a whole bunce more all gathered round, Fredster jamming will always stick out in my mind, such a free spirit it was a joy to see him enjoy himself so much. Baccus never far and always with a big smile and a joint offered your way. The smoking was going real hard and we were relentless in our pursuit of our judging task. I have always considered myself a heavy smoker, with my only limitation being quantity, for the first time that was not an issue and i was able to smoke non stop, this is where i would like to say that Jubei and his buddy from the US are men after my own heart, they just never stopped, they were rolloing em up every moment and that suited our style perfectly, also i picked up a new habit of building my spliffs shorter and fatter, real good way to enhance the flavour and general enjoyment of the smoke. Basically these guys would do USA proud if smoking pure weed were a sport, they would have people wondering if they had iron lungs fitted :biglaugh:
they kind of made my consumption level feel a hell of a lot more normal and less greedy. Eventually it was kicking out time, the sadest time of the night and my only complaint, we want a 24 hour venue :biglaugh: there was nowhere to go till late. Anyway we made our way off and after some wandering round looking for somewhere open late everywhere was now closed and we made our way back to the hotel to finally get some sleep some 25+ hours after i woke to begin this journey and with the whole grower sativa entries, hash entries and a few others all smoked not to mention all the other entries and all the other smoke passed our way it was much needed sleep, that damn Jubei kept forcing non entry smokes our way :joint: :biglaugh: not to mention that you only had to flinch and he had brought a round of drinks, him and his buddy were 2 of the finest people i have had the pleasure of meeting in my lifetime and i do not say that lightly, we laughed :biglaugh: , smoked :joint: and partied :friends: so hard it hurts to be back to the mundane existance of normality, I have a feeling were gonna hook up sooner rather than later though :wink:
As my head hit the pillow i was out for the count.
Peace

truecannabliss

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey peeps another memory just came back after seeing a picture of our table, at Nols there was a real nice guy and his girl at our table who gave me 2 stickers, a strawberry cough and a sensi star 2.5gramm labels which i stuck on my giant sample bag, real nice to have met you, dont think i got ur name but it was a pleasure.
Im at a bit of a brain freeze at the moment, cant quite get going with the rest, too busy planning next year in my head. Anyway, anyone who met me and i have forgotton let me know.
a quick special mention must also go out to amsterdammer at the cannabis college, great guy who i will tell you more about soon, met him on our 1st day and was like seeing an old buddy after that, so down to earth, anyway more of that and more tales soon.
Peace

Boner_da_Stoner

Great thread I just wish that I could have made it this year. But I Will be there for next year. But I'll have to have one or two tour guides just so I can get back to my hotel. Never been to A'dam yet. But next year I'm there

truecannabliss

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the strangest of alarms!

the strangest of alarms!

As I lay in bed stirring, knowing the alarm on my phone went of ages ago I was woken by a very strange noise that worked a little better getting me out of bed, it was a bubbling water noise and as it continued i could smell bathroom cleaner, was i dreaming, drowning in a canal maybe, no i was deffinatly in bed in the hotel room and the more the noise went on the more awake i became. As i looked across the room Marley who i was sharing a room with was out cold then all of a sudden it occured to me, the bathroom! so i leant our bed, still feeling stoned from the nights excess and pushed the door to see the most amusing sight (although i actually did an eye rub and 2nd take :eek: ) the toilet was bubbling over and gushing out foam, it was bubbling up nearly 6 inches and there was water everywhere........so i closed the door and rolled back over for another 15 minutes to prepare myself to get up.
We has arranged to meet Dr D and R luckily everyone was running late, as is often the case in the Dam, Dr D and R had breakfast in the restaurant downstairs from our hotel and eventually whn me and Marley were ready off we went. By time they met us in our room me and Marley were already on our 2nd spliffs plus a pipe or so, what happened next i am not to sure of regarding order but I believe our movements led us to Fat city where we were eager to be for Somas talk(which thankfully he suggested be at 4 instead of 12). Most importantly we needed to get settled for the remainer of the samples, it was tough and with the expo upstairs in Fat city even harder to concentrate but i soldoered on and just in the nick of time all of our forms were handed in, sadly and most annoyingly for myself i forgot to photo my form for cross referencing with the sample ids and results (dont suppose u still got em DG?).
The expo upstairs was excellent considering the size and i am sure it will be even better next year with many people clambering to get a stand, a BIG BIG shout must go out to Bruce the bastard brewer who was harrased (in the nicest possible way) into selling some put aside bottles of his very special wares, not only that but he plied us with samples, hopefully he will pass by and see us here at ic mag soon.

Thats all for now folks, i am off to bed i will continue the day of the awards with my experience of Soma which I must say was the highlight of the trip, making it more special than i could have hoped for.
Also here is a nice little pic just outside seed boutique on the day after the cup when the sun finally came out.

Peace

truecannabliss

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Cannabis college

The Cannabis college

Hey there peeps, been so busy reading every body elses threads i aint had time to do my own, any way im gonna write this little piece on our visits(of which there were several over the 3 days) to the Cannabis college.
The Cannabis colleg is a place i always visit when in the Dam, but this time it was alittle different as i was now there as a grower as well as smoker, needless to say i was eager to go to the cannabis college to see what they had on show. On arriving at the shop we were greet ee by the ever friendly smiles of a couple of ladies and our soon to be good budy Amsterdamer.
Amsterdamer works in the college and is one of the friendliest most accomodating gents you could hope to encounter (even catering for our thirst, damn that dry mouth syndrome), we chilled for a while, built a few spliffs and had some nice chit chat about many aspects of our beloved plant, Amsterdamer was also kind enough not only to give Marley and Dr D a bud of his personal to build a spliff but also gave me some because i did not smoke tobacco, which they added to the spliff (i smoked it on the last day and was amazed at how sweet it was considering how fresh it was).
While we were there he showed us a deformed leaf from one of his plants, cant remember the details but thought it worthy of a pic (although i can tell from the pics how stoned i was :biglaugh: )

Before leaving we went down stairs to check out the garden and take a few picture, i did not take many pics because i knocked my camera on the ceiling and worried myself i might break it, too damn stoned and getting a tad clumsy.

Ok peeps that is it for our first visit to the college and not our last, nor is it the last we saw of Amsterdamer.
Peace

truecannabliss

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and more................

and more................

:biglaugh: Just remebered something that makes as a good place to start back up.........so me, Marley, Dr D, RT, Hazy and his Mrs are all sitting down stairs in fat city, as usual i have been drinking their hot chocolates non stop and eventually they ran out of cream and hot chocolate :biglaugh: not to woory because before i had even finished what was the last one somebody had already been out and restocked, the staff in this place were so wonderful, nothing was ever too much of a problem, even the mess us stoners tend to make, we were always greeted and served with the most genuine of smiles. It was now getting near the time for Somas talk and it occured to us that we were in serious need of food, with all the weed smoked and the comfy atmosphere it was a struggle to leave so once again it was the fat city staff to the rescue again who kindly ordered delivery pizza, it was delicous and as Dr D will confirm me and Marley demolished it with as much enthusiasm as we smoke (blink and ya might miss it).

Somas talk was excellent, we were down stairs but able to hear on the speaker system, the questions fired by Fredster were perfect and made for a warm, friendly and informative talk. He covered several growing issues, new feminised seed techniques and his recent heart opperation and recovery (aided by some discreet bubble hash hits in his hospital room bed, he found it a bit of a pain using the balcony to medicate himself and the bubble did not make too noticable a smell in the room).

I cant remember if between the end of the talk and the award ceremony we left Fat city but i dont remember doing so :biglaugh: , wait just had to come back to this point, we did leave after a while to take some stuff back to our hotel, :biglaugh: its all flooding back, me and Dr D went and whne we got there i was gutted to discover the Amnessia haze we got of off Soma was missing (later confimed stolen), we had decided to leave it in the room being that we had so many samples to get through that morning and now the judging was over i wanted to smoke some more of it, not to be sadly. I droped off my camera and a lovely treat that Baccus gave us, along with a couple caps, thanks again bro i was loving those Jack Daniles prailines, ate till i felt sick(which pretty much emptied the tin:biglaugh: ). Any way we made our way back to Fat city and from there on i think we made our way upstairs nice and early to grab a nice seat for the ceremony, i shall continue form this point.
Oh just added a few of pics that i did manage to take.

Peace

great thread True, your descriptions and pics make me i feel like i'm at Nol's all over again. and I'm happy you liked the strawberry /sensi star stickers.....it was my pleasure

peace and see ya next year :wave:

truecannabliss

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Excellent to see ya bro, you have put a big smile on my face passing by, i could not remember ya name, pleasure meeting you look forward to doing it again next year.
Peace

Dr. D

Veteran
great write up True :biglaugh: :biglaugh: but uv still left out loads :biglaugh: we went to the cannabis college on Tuesday morning first :biglaugh: i was just updating mine wen i realsied wot id written was a load of bollocks, i misse3d out the trip to Haarlem completely :biglaugh: so i just deleteed and read some of ur thread to remind me and urs is lust as bad lmao

mmmmnn NYCD from Hunters

Latest posts

Latest posts