What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growers Who Grew Away From the Desire to Use Cannabis

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Do you know people who used to be gung ho about growing cannabis? All jazzed about the idea, until they grew a few crops of dysfunctional cannabis strains? Folks who complain how cannabis messed up their life?

Though I feel sorry for them, I really haven't come up with a way to introduce 'functional' cannabis strains to people like this.

Thoughts?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i've never met that type... thank god :D

i keep my circle pretty tight and i enjoy the company of people who puff tuff and love wht they do....

Arkansux

Can you please explain what a dysfunctional cannabis strain is?
When i read ur post what came to mind is someone who thought they were gonna make money growing, had a few bad runs and ended up broke.

Douglas.Curtis

I know a couple sitting on several years harvest. They barely touch it. I tried what they grew and it's low quality, dysfunctional cannabis. I can tell the concept of 'functional' cannabis is completely foreign to them.

Meh, whatever. I'm glad I get to enjoy tasty canna which fixes my issues and doesn't make me stupid. lol :)

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do know of forum members who grew tired of reading the forums because of low quality posts, however... :tiphat:

dank.Frank

CaptainDankness

I know a couple sitting on several years harvest. They barely touch it. I tried what they grew and it's low quality, dysfunctional cannabis. I can tell the concept of 'functional' cannabis is completely foreign to them.

Meh, whatever. I'm glad I get to enjoy tasty canna which fixes my issues and doesn't make me stupid. lol :)

Sounds more like they have brown thumbs, it's not the cannabis that's dysfunctional.

But yeah, I know plenty of people who just can't seem to keep any plants alive or just barely. Pretty much why big agriculture and GMO plants are taking over farming, too many city boys. :biggrin:

Douglas.Curtis

Can you please explain what a dysfunctional cannabis strain is?
When i read ur post what came to mind is someone who thought they were gonna make money growing, had a few bad runs and ended up broke.
You know, memory issues, logic short circuit, stoned. Dysfunctional, anything which reduces mental functionality.

Douglas.Curtis

what you call dysfunctional cannabis is what I call functional cannabis.
So, you have no experience with what I'm talking about. Considering how non-functional most cannabis strains can be I'm not surprised.

When was the last time you used cannabis and noticed a memory improvement? And no, I don't mean improved ability to forget a dysfunctional life. lol

Functional: As in able to function normally or at an elevated level of competency.

Brother Nature

I know what you mean Douglas. I've known many a 'grower' who simply saw the money and thought it's easy enough for them to do, hell, it's just a weed right? They don't listen to those with experience or knowledge, then end up wasting their significant investments because of their ignorance and incompetence. It actually happens a lot in the market where I live. I personally think it's due to the illegality and following market price where we live, but the ability to make massive profits due to something being illegal is more to blame than their greediness, if cannabis were freely available in high quality there'd be no reason to grow swamp weed, no one would buy it.

A great example is an old friend of mine who happened to be into the 'speedier' side of life. This guy invested nearly $3,000 into a complete hydroponic setup without any previous horticulture knowledge, though he loved his smoke. I ended up giving this guy 10 clones of my prized Cherry AK, for free, and none of them lived. He ended up with less than 1/4 lb out of a $3k setup and 75% of that bud had PM. He sold maybe 5% of that, decided to get back to the 'speedy side' and is now spending the next 25 in confinement. His choices were his own, but if he took the time to research, and put love in to what he did, he wouldn't be there now.

shithawk420

Veteran
So, you have no experience with what I'm talking about. Considering how non-functional most cannabis strains can be I'm not surprised.

When was the last time you used cannabis and noticed a memory improvement? And no, I don't mean improved ability to forget a dysfunctional life. lol

Functional: As in able to function normally or at an elevated level of competency.

WTF are you talking about?sounds like your the one smoking dysfunctional cannibis

positivity

Veteran
Sometimes I bore of it and naturally slow down, then come back and rediscover it. 5 year break back in the day
When you need to perform at a high level...you can still win a game or two. Just don't smoke on game day

5a98deaebf402081ee128a3129ed095e--hilarious-smoking-weed.jpg

Douglas.Curtis

Brother Nature, nope. They grew the cannabis for health and enjoyment reasons only. I'm well familiar with what you're talking about. Lots of folks made this mistake.

WTF are you talking about?sounds like your the one smoking dysfunctional cannibis
The cannabis I'm smoking is 'functional.' It increases memory, focus, mood control and flatlines anxiety. It also improves fine and gross motor skills.

My thoughts are very clear and precise, thanks. ;) Why? Wtf are you smoking??

Positivity, lol awesome! I wonder what strain(s) he prefers? lol Using functional cannabis and sports is like cheating. You definitely want to use it on game day.

Brother Nature

Guess I'm not sure what you're on about then. I supposed you meant people who grew cannabis but weren't made for it, or even the smoking of it. If you're meaning people that grow cannabis to have highs different than what you prefer, well then preference is everything man. I much prefer a head high type smoke while doing shit in the day, but once at home and chilling, I prefer a body high. Perhaps you should outline what you think is 'functional' compared to 'non-functional'?

Arkansux

So functional is sat high and non functional is Indy high??
They're both functional- they do their job , u just prefer sat highs , most perfer to have both handy so they can smoke what's needed at that time...

CaptainDankness

You know, memory issues, logic short circuit, stoned. Dysfunctional, anything which reduces mental functionality.

I thought that was why we smoke herb? So I take it you like high CBD weed that doesn't get you stoned? Not sure why people would want that, but CBD Crew does seem to be doing pretty well even though I didn't like the high or lack thereof myself.

G

Gr33nSanta

Everyday, go have a look at my librairy of plants. Some the most debilitating cultivars can be used to perform well in the right context and mindset.

I just happen to have a collection of plants that range from high thc to high cbd and everything in between!

Anything with over 5% cbd should help you function...

EasyGoing

The cannabis I'm smoking is 'functional.' It increases memory, focus, mood control and flatlines anxiety. It also improves fine and gross motor skills.

So what is the name of this magical functional strain? Have you tested the terp profiles to give you a better idea why this strain gives these traits? Any follow up data?

Douglas.Curtis

So what is the name of this magical functional strain? Have you tested the terp profiles to give you a better idea why this strain gives these traits? Any follow up data?
It's the same cut of Canna-Tsu I've been posting about for a couple years now. I picked it up in Northern Colorado a few years back.

Functional means working. Having adjusted to working high is a disadvantage. It's better than operating without cannabis, it is not ideal. Where it used to be you had to choose high or stone, there are now other choices.

Having spent a lot of time on self improvement (it significantly increases life enjoyment. lol), the more CBD 'functional' cannabis I use, the less desire I have for the dysfunctionality of other strains.

It's like driving a luxury sport car for a few weeks and then having to drive an econo car again. A test drive for a few hours just doesn't have the same effect. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts