What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SPYDRX PLUS

toohighmf

Veteran
I have an original which has one driver that supplies all 6 bars individually. This allows to unplug the ones you don't need, as in for veg stage
Hi petflora, long time. hope all is well. I bought a slightly used SpydrX Plus with 8 bars on the super cheap and it has the 3.5mm jack dimmer input. The local hydro shop said any 0-10v dimmer would work. I bought a 2 conducter 3.5mm jack and a cheap amazon dimmer. wired it up and when I plug it in, the light shuts off. unplug the jack and fires back up. I REALLY don't want to pay big bucks to control this one light. Anyone?

FranJan

Hi petflora, long time. hope all is well. I bought a slightly used SpydrX Plus with 8 bars on the super cheap and it has the 3.5mm jack dimmer input. The local hydro shop said any 0-10v dimmer would work. I bought a 2 conducter 3.5mm jack and a cheap amazon dimmer. wired it up and when I plug it in, the light shuts off. unplug the jack and fires back up. I REALLY don't want to pay big bucks to control this one light. Anyone?
Talk to these folks. I got a feeling they know enough to help you.

Koondense

Veteran
Check the driver specs, usually the pot you need is 100kOhm. Also check if you have the right connection on the pot with an ohm meter(pic below: you need 1 and 2).
Potentiometer%2Bterminals.png

Cheers

toohighmf

Veteran
I'm under the assumtion that fluence probably doesn't want tech support selling people off of their $150 dimmer control.

FranJan

I'm under the assumtion that fluence probably doesn't want tech support selling people off of their $150 dimmer control.
I'm under the impression you didn't click on the link which is not Fluence but BG Hydro.

Didn't you learn not to assume?

toohighmf

Veteran
funny, you say this. They are exactly who I ordered the 3.5mm 2 wire jack from after speaking to their tech support. Yes, I didn't click the link lol. thank you though!

toohighmf

Veteran
FranJan great minds think alike. They are literally exactly who I spoke to and ordered the dongle from. They said any 0-10v dimmer should work.. but it's not lol. going to try Fluence directly in hopes they're over tryijng to sell an old dimmer for a light they don't even make anymore.

FranJan

I noticed you said you bought a 2 conductor jack. The pictures on BGH show a 3 pole. Maybe that's an issue why it won't work? It seems the interface is the issue. The board should respond to a 0-10v dimmer. Know any bars where electricians hang out?

Koondense

Veteran
Maybe the wires need to be the other way.
Check in the specs it the driver works with a regular resistance potentiometer, usually they all need a 100kOhm potentiometer or 0-10V PWM for dimming.
Cheers