What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NEW Colorado Growers Thread

I agree for the most part, but I wish we had a better selection of stores.

The common theme with any store I have been to is the staff, while friendly, know absolutely shit about Cannabis. Other than the scripted sales pitch they have been told, in order to move whatever old flower is in house.

I've had multiple mistakes made, when getting discounts. 20% off the whole tab, as opposed to the one item. Bonus dollars that had been redeemed, but still showed. Even when I said, "I think I used those..." Sales girl: "Well... They are still there.".

Too many employees, that need to be working at the mall.

Jbomber79

Veteran
I love it when you walk in and they start the bs sales pitch.. Or the sales person has an attitude like they are special cause they sling nugs...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's to yall CO Growers...
Make it a sticky stinky year & another good thread.
My vegging ladies n lads include GG#4, ECSDxC99 (clone only), Orange glue, GG#4 x Khalisi, GG#4 x Goblin Queen (1,I aaccidentally killed the rest, DOH!), DJ Short Blueberry, Relentless Chem Fire OG & Blue Hawaiian x Chem D IBL.

MileHighGlass

And that brings up a whole host of questions on top of all my others. How do you determine the right mix for your locality (for me Lower Arkansas Valley) and the best times to start introducing them?

The scanmask brand is good for most anything. They don't have different mixes. Outdoors where your're at is a good question. I used them in the south in Arkansas(ozark mountains) and would apply them in april. Indoors I apply them every 6 weeks.

I would assume whenever you typically plant outside could be a good starting point. June 1st could be a safe application date. I'm assuming Salida area, although my colorado geography isn't the best as I have only been here a few years.

R

Robrites

Officials approve outdoor marijuana grow in Aspen

Officials approve outdoor marijuana grow in Aspen

ASPEN, Colo. (AP) -

Pitkin County commissioners have approved the first outdoor marijuana crop on a trial basis.

The Aspen Times reports (http://bit.ly/1VJh8rp ) that commissioners on Wednesday voted to approve what they call a "one-year experiment" allowing an already-permitted indoor marijuana facility to grow as many as 250 plants outdoors this summer.

The agreement requires the owners of Stash marijuana dispensary in Aspen to install a driveway camera on their property near the outdoor crop and to build an aesthetically pleasing fence around the grow. Commissioners approved the operation under the condition that they can shut down the grow at any time if complaints or problems arise.

State law requires any outdoor facility to be as hard to break into as the indoor grow building.
http://www.koaa.com/story/31557965/officials-approve-outdoor-marijuana-grow-in-aspen

MileHighGlass

Gonna have some fun this year. Got a lot of things in the works, gonna make a lot of seeds, and find some new gems.
Just added these to the pile of projects.

phazer

outdoor in aspen, thats cool. what they get like a 3 month season up there haha hopefully thats for the residence also

JUSTJR27

Looking to get some info on growing in Colorado I live in Florida at the moment and I am ready for a fresh start tired of Florida and having to hide. Looking to sleep better at night. I am wanting to grow any where from 50 to 75 plants indoors/outdoors. What would I need to do to get started.

Any one with info please chime in Thank you.

Looking to get some info on growing in Colorado I live in Florida at the moment and I am ready for a fresh start tired of Florida and having to hide. Looking to sleep better at night. I am wanting to grow any where from 50 to 75 plants indoors/outdoors. What would I need to do to get started.

Honestly, About a half a million dollars...If you can't cover that you can't cover state lic. laws. End of story. You might squeak by about 10-12 plants through other channels but unless you got cash to throw down I would say stay where you are.

MileHighGlass

You can grow that if you are in the right county/city. Do your homework, and have fun on your new journey.

Honestly that's just not that many plants. I had 20+ moms when I was in Arkansas. People get hung up on what they "perceive" as a lot of plants, but if you are going to flower 50 at a time, then you need the mothers, clones, and teens to support such an effort.

In Colorado you will also need to be in the proper county/city with legit paperwork from a doctor. The doctor paperwork is getting stricter though. Which is good, and bad.

It's all doable, and not as hard as you would think. If you are wanting to rent a place then that is going to make it much harder, and way more expensive.

A grow house in Denver can run upwards of 5k per month. They will tax you for growing most anywhere.

If you buy a house you will be in much better shape.

argo430

Veteran
New to the group.

New to the group.

Just saying hello the board i am on is pretty slow so i am dropping in to check it out.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gonna have some fun this year. Got a lot of things in the works, gonna make a lot of seeds, and find some new gems.
Just added these to the pile of projects.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65863&pictureid=1579974&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
Good luck with those Chem Sours...

outdoor in aspen, thats cool. what they get like a 3 month season up there haha hopefully thats for the residence also
You should try reading instead of speed posting.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn stupid capitalist idea here...

Dumb bitch just wants to sell twice as much weed to consumers thereby doubling the amount of tax revenue!

Hope they can't just arbitrarily make something so stupud a law or they just might!

The gubment giveth & the gubment taketh away (via ignorant legislation).

Almost forgot...
This will disallow the "TOP SHELF" varieties.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Republican state Rep. Kathleen Conti wants to make strong pot illegal. She wants for anything over 15-16% to be illegal, Concentrates have to be 62.1% thc or LESS.

http://www.thecannabist.co/2016/03/28/thc-limit-colorado-marijuana/50990/

I don't think that's going anywhere. It's just the usual posturing & faux "concerns" from Smart Colorado, a prohibitionist group.

They just replace reefer madness with "unknown health effects", a more plausible boogeyman.

Cannabis use has been widespread in this country for 50 years. If those "unknown health effects" were truly serious & real we'd already know what they are, wouldn't we?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
smart colorado are a buch of prohibitionist assholes - they all seem like over-worried suburban mothers.... people who REALLY REALLY need to chill out and smoke something.

smart colorado is our version of CALM (californian).... calm now flies it's own airplanes and maps out cannabis grows then gives those maps to law enforcement. so that's the kind of shit we can look forward to potentially from smart colorado (eventually, perhaps)

Just got done on a run of Island Tour from reserva privada colorado that ended up nannering on me. On the other hand the dynamite and smurphberry jam ended up really nice! Needless to say I'm going to be killing off the reserva privada clones.

S

SooperSmurph

Just got done on a run of Island Tour from reserva privada colorado that ended up nannering on me. On the other hand the dynamite and smurphberry jam ended up really nice! Needless to say I'm going to be killing off the reserva privada clones.
Glad to hear it Nate! Smurphberry Jam is my signature for a reason :biggrin:

Dynamite is also awesome, many people say its similar to the Mikado that Federation seeds once put out, and since Next Generation seeds was started by guys who worked for Federation, I wouldn't doubt that there's a connection. How about that AMAZING bouquet? Like Red Hawaiian Punch, or am I crazy?
They are going to limit alcohol to only 15% or 16% too right?
smile.gif
Pffft that $40+ a bottle Colorado "Moonshine" is 52%, where's NORML these days, sitting on their thumbs?

Latest posts

Latest posts