What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Kindness 2400w sealed flowering grow

Dödsknark

Wow! You guys have a nice setup. You got some nice looking girls there and so does your husband...

Thanks for sharing! :)

Angelus

Shit my girlfriend totally freaks out when I am growing. That's so cool a family grow. No wonder he married you...

My husband is always making me murder my plants when our numbers get too high.. so I think I'm probably the more willing partner to take risks and push for expansion.

So new updates to the room, it is now up to 3000w. I recently added another 600w hps hood, ballast and light, and now put all the ballasts outside of the flowering building's door and then sealed up the holes in the walls with reflective tape, and hooked up more ducting to the new light and then hooked the ducting to the vent to go outside. On order now, co2 controller.

Still in flowering - 5 female death stars making seeds crossed with a male death star. The seeds are taking FOREVER to finish (patience isn't one of my vitrues).

I have 30+ plants all about 5'+ in veg waiting for the flowering building to open up spots. I also got a new 6' kiddie pool, so the resivoirs are both the same size and the smaller kiddie pool will be moved to where I veg at and that will get all automated, as I currently hand water everything in veg, and that takes some time.

So soon, when the room is emptied of plants and I have sterilized it and fumigated (damn mites) I will post new pict of the updated room. I'm glad that the ballasts got moved to outside of the room, in case one of the kiddie pools should rupture and dump all that liquid in my room would be a disaster for the ballasts and electrical system, so now problem solved.

Again, we had the panels replaced to hold the amperage we use and had everything flipped to 220 by a professional electrician who took absolutely no shortcuts. My husband is a gear head and can fix or make almost anything, and I really specilaise in record keeping,adding new gentics, dealing with all of our patients, researching, noticing nuances (pheno hunting.. he has a hard time with nuances.. LOL), trimming and curing, which here where it is so dry is an art. and I also make all of the edibles.

I recently added some high CBD strains to the garden via ACC (Alabamans for Compassionate Care) as I donated a bunch of seeds to them for their efforts and they sent me a bunch of high CBD strain seeds and auto-flowering seeds as well as master kush and black domina. Unfortunately none of the black domina made it.

So new coming up in the garden-
death star x purple star,
purple star x blueberry,
pineapple big bud x black magic kush,
ak-47 x death star,
f2 death star,
f2 scarlet venom,
f2 master kush,
himilayan blue diesel,
blue streak,
buddah's sister x death star,
strawberry cough x death star,
white rhino x death star,
solid bottom (a landrace auto flowering ruderalis from chec republic),
and an auto ak-47 x nycd x blue streak.

It looks like it's shaping up to be an interesting summer... peace and puffs.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:wave: DK

grow room is looking fantastic, wjhats up with the first poster?
Anyway, keep up the good work guys! got this one tagged ;)
cheers,
red.

I went and looked today and pulled all the drippers out of the death stars, let the pots get dry now, I pulled 25 very ripe f2 death star seeds off of 2 little buds and I have 5 large moms percolating with seeds. They will come down this weekend and then we're tearing down the grow to clean and sterilize and replace the plastic on the tables, and we've decided to get a new plastic kiddie poll, as our other large one had a few repaired holes, and when empying out the pool, we decided it was best to just get rid ofit and replace it.

So there will be plenty of new picts I will post on Sunday for everyone's enjoyment.

Bi-Potato- No I didn't, but I am pretty good friends with a lady heavily involved with ACC, we trade genetics, so I can get it if they have it.
And what did you mean, where's the gold? A lot of it is still in the water! My husband likes to go gold dredging every weekend in the summer (total gear head)... that's where the gold is.

S

sparkjumper

The most difficult thing I found about using co2 was keeping my plant at 85-86 degrees F.You mean finishing flowering plants?No way..Take my advice if you are using a controller with a real set-up,dont be afraid to have temps at 85F or slightly higher throughout flowering.Thats when I got the results I was looking for.80 degrees at 1500PPM you are losing out in enrichment

Sparkjumper- yes my room is completely sealed and I can completely control the temps and I stated to lazyman's post that I will bump the temps to 85 when I add co2.

Bipotato- That was some funny stuff! More picts are coming tomorrow, I am fumigating and sterilizing my room ATM (minor mite, major pollen dump problem).

The co2 controller still isn't in for some reason... So it will be another week or 2 before the co2 will be put into the building.

Today has been SUPER BUSY! I also experimented today with making oil using fresh buds and everclear, and it turned out pretty freaking fantastic! A little more time consuming than making BHO though.

What's going into flowering?

Buddah's sister
Blueberry
AK-47
New York City Sour Deisel
East Coast Sour Deisel
Velvet Hammer
Golden Goat
Jack Herer
Scarlet Venom
purple star x southern lights
purple star
black magic kush

More updated room picts now 3000w

More updated room picts now 3000w

Now for everyone's viewing pleasure: room updates.

The room is now running on 2 1000w hps, 1 600w hps and 1 400wmh super blue. All new lightbulbs all the way around, and we had to get all 4 vented hoods and put the venting in, put in the AC unit and charge it, make the drip tray so the water collected outside and not a big puddle on the floor.

I put a bucket of water, sugar and yeast in the corner (5 gal home depot bucket) and bumped the temps to 80, for as little co2 as my ghetto co2 setup is until the controller gets in sometime this week. We have the co2 regulator, and co2 tanks are easy enough to get, the controller is still "on the way".

Attachments

• 1fan.jpg
    1fan.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 600w&1000w.jpg
    600w&1000w.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 1000wx400wmhsuperblue.jpg
    1000wx400wmhsuperblue.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 17
  • acfan&driptray.jpg
    acfan&driptray.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 15
:bongsmi: More picts of the room before putting in the plants for flowering. I will warn you that I did heavily strip the plants before the flip, they were heavily crammed into the veg room with the bonsai moms.:bongsmi:

:smokeit:So they look a little stringy.. I had to lollipop a lot of them

:greenstars: I have more large plants that I'm waiting for the cuts to take and for them to fill out being up-potted last week form 1gal to 3 gal pots. All were very root bound, I loosened up the roots when I was up-potting to help them spread their roots better into their new containers.

:smoke:I also am showing picts of the pumps, for those interested and also the drip lines. I decided this time to not put the drippers into the feed lines this time, they get clogged a little and mineral buildup over time makes it a pain in the ass, plus I would have to put multiple drippers in. I'm saving myself time and headache as I do have several medical conditions and I'm getting my system as automated as possible. My husband works full time at backbreaking labor, so I'm making things easier on him too, which he is all for.

I fumigated and sterilized the room on saturday. My husband replaced the plastic on the tables (each table is 6'x8') and each pool is 6' across and can hold 70gal of water/nutes and I run recirculating in botanicare coco which is unamended, no perlite. I do like re-using my coco.. no need to rinse it unless you are popping seeds, but after getting recycled 5 times it's best to dump it out, or mix it into a new brick of coco. Again, this has been my EXPERIENCE.

These picts are of all 4 lights and some venting, the aisel between the 2 empty tables that had fresh plastic laid down, and slits made in the plastic so the water coming out of the bottom of the pots (3 feedings every day for 15 minutes each time), a picture of the chains holding up one of the light fixtures/hood, you can see the vaulted ceilings that go 12' high, and the temp control panel with battery backup.

Attachments

• controlpanel.jpg
    controlpanel.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 14
  • ceilinglights.jpg
    ceilinglights.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 19
  • both tables.jpg
    both tables.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 13
  • all4lights.jpg
    all4lights.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 15
B

bipotato

Hmmm... seems you stripped so much, that you didn't leave any trace of plant material. Only bare tables. :cry:

More pictures of lines, panels, etc

Attachments

• panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 16
  • new 600w.jpg
    new 600w.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 14
  • lines,hose.jpg
    lines,hose.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 15
  • frontcorner.jpg
    frontcorner.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 13
Bi- you have to have patience I can only load up 4 pictures at a time, and my phone won't stop ringing with my patients needing to meet up with me. I'm trying to multi-task!

And if ya didn't know by now, plant picts come last!

All the boring stuff first!

The pumps in each pool, 1 table with new plastic and new 6' across kiddie pool capable of holding 70gal of water/nutrients, and 1 table, set up with several large, stripped and lollipoped plants. The supercropping will happen as needed over the next few weeks. I will post picts of the supercropping process and post updates of the room every week or so, which will show the progression into doing multi-strain perpetual, organically and automated in a sealed room with co2, in the easiest most low maintainace way for people who are not in the best of help. Don't get me wrong, trimming is the hard part with so many plants, especially how large these plants have stretched in the past, and that now a days we're pretty much only dealing with the really great yeilders/producers with outrageous trichome production.

The new crossed I've made recently will be popped soon, so far I've gotten 2 strawberry cough x death stars, f2 scarlet venom and some f2 master kush that are seedlings working their way up to fill a sopt in the flowering building. And I'm being gifted some very sweet crossses of some extra special stuff that I'm doing cartwheels about that I will be posting.

I will make several new posts soon about the new things in the garden coming up.

Attachments

• pump1.jpg
    pump1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 17
  • pump2.jpg
    pump2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 13
  • resivoir&table.jpg
    resivoir&table.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 15
  • resivoirs&feedlines.jpg
    resivoirs&feedlines.jpg