What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Glycerin based Cannabis Tincture

steve667

always decarboxylate

always decarboxylate

Do you not decarboxylate using the 60 day cold process?

You MUST decarboxylate first when making ANY type tincture, whether glycerin or alcohol base. Just put your dried buds in a foil pan (cover with foil also) in the open on 200F for about 30 min. Then grind and mix with the extraction media (glycerin or alcohol. There are tons of how to's on youtube.

Arf

Are these glycerine based cannabis tinctures suitable for use in one of those e-cigarette devices? I read their ingredients on the e-Liquid and it says it's mostly glycerine, but I don't know if they do something to it to get it compatible. Don't even know what temp they use in the device. I presume it's similar to a leaf vape device.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
A couple companies make solution that you add bho to, microwave, and it's usable in the pen and cigarette style e-cigs. Pm for more details if interested.

seeded

Last night I grabbed a nug from just about every jar I have for a total of 15g which after decarbing in my oven for 35 mins set at around 105c weighed 12g. I then put it all in a small jar, topped it with vegetable glycerine and put it in my crock pot to simmer overnight. The jar tipped over in the middle of the night which was a bit of a disaster but I managed to rescue the majority of it and can at least say that I learned that for next time I must not only keep the jar off the bottom of the crock pot but that I must surround them too.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

seeded

picture.php

picture.php

I squirted a bit into my mouth after it cooled down and let it sit there until I accidentally swallowed it. Anyways about 5 minutes later I noticed my mouth going a little numb and about 20 mins after that while sipping on my coffee I felt it starting to bring on a lovely warm glow to my body. Mentally it came creeping up and feels quite positive but it levelled out very quickly at a low level and I used a bit too much indica as it feels a little sleepy too. I can still feel it an hour later though so I'm hoping it's got some real stopping power at higher dosages :biggrin:

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Photos show various steps, all have captions.

The bud is trimmed as if for smoking, although all the lower popcorn buds are used as well as buds up to an eighth ounce.
Bone dry they are flooded with hexane and agitated for 45 seconds and poured through a mesh.
After two or three days of settling the clear portion is siphoned out and boiled down in a series of smaller containers, starting at 5 quarts and ending with 200 ml. Final container is vacuum purged.
Hot oil is eyedroppered into beaker on a scale, 5 grams oil then 25 grams propylene glycol added and mixture brought up to 220 degree F to ensure decarboxylation.
Spritzer bottle delivers .25 ml per pump, one spray delivers four hours minor relief, three sprays induces a need to nap.

EDIT: to add photo of glycol label.

Attachments

• Left is last batch, center is current batch, right is waiting.jpg
    Left is last batch, center is current batch, right is waiting.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Boiling table.jpg
    Boiling table.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Oil bud (popcorn) ready for the solvent. Darker layer on botton is auto BlackBerry Kush.jpg
    Oil bud (popcorn) ready for the solvent. Darker layer on botton is auto BlackBerry Kush.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Container transfer number five.jpg
    Container transfer number five.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Spritzer's now hold 5 grams oil per ounce, a single spray will do in the uninitiated.jpg
    Spritzer's now hold 5 grams oil per ounce, a single spray will do in the uninitiated.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 23
  • Alcohol solvent is USP and meets religious requirements as well.jpg
    Alcohol solvent is USP and meets religious requirements as well.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 22

angelgoob

Photos show various steps, all have captions.

The bud is trimmed as if for smoking, although all the lower popcorn buds are used as well as buds up to an eighth ounce.
Bone dry they are flooded with hexane and agitated for 45 seconds and poured through a mesh.
After two or three days of settling the clear portion is siphoned out and boiled down in a series of smaller containers, starting at 5 quarts and ending with 200 ml. Final container is vacuum purged.
Hot oil is eyedroppered into beaker on a scale, 5 grams oil then 25 grams propylene glycol added and mixture brought up to 220 degree F to ensure decarboxylation.
Spritzer bottle delivers .25 ml per pump, one spray delivers four hours minor relief, three sprays induces a need to nap.

EDIT: to add photo of glycol label.

Does weed turn people into scientists?

And also just to let you know, if your material is old or dried out...CBN is present. (schleepy) :biggrin:

webeblzr

About 4 years ago, I started to make glycerine extractions. I was using pint mason jars, 10 grams of bud, to maybe a cup of glycerine.
I also tried stalks and stems, trim.
I would place them in my crock pot, on a timer, set to heat up for 4 hours, and then cool for 4 hours, of course shaking the bejesus out of them as I thought about it.

Setting a phone timer, is very helpful to this old guy.

I was not seeking to get anyone high. I was seeking the simple medical values, for a friend that can not sleep at night, and not a stoner, but was many years before hand.
He tried working with his doctor for 7 years, to find something to get to sleep, BUT be able to snap awake if his computer alerted him, to a work problem.
The drops worked for him, gentle sleep, with no hangover.

So, I'm telling my story to my wife's nephew.
He has a puzzled look on his face, and tells me, my dog, a chihuahua, has been on PhenoBarbital for 7 years now, for seizure control.
WE came back from the vet yesterday, as the wee thing is seizing and since it's been so long on this compound, he has reached the limit of tolerances for the PB, and there is nothing else to give him.
The vet told him they can only increase the PB BUT, it's going to be harsh on his wee body....he will not be here much longer.

I read up on canines, glycerine is not harmful to them and is in some dog food.
I told him (nephew) I have no idea, if this will be helpful, but if it was my dog, I'd dose him in a heart beat.

On the first day, nothing much different 7-10 seizures with meds and extraction.
Second day, meds and extraction, but less seizures.
By the fifth day, no seizures!! BUT still taking the PB.
We decide to cut back on the PB, little bits at a time, over a 2 week time frame, and increased extraction dose to morning and evening.
He smoothed right out, no seizing, no PB!!

Now for the side effects: Tooks us completely off guard, by the way.
The wee thing has always had food bowl aggression issues, if the kids approached it, snarling and snapping at them!!
He also did not care for the kids at all.
If they entered a room he was in, he would jump down, and go elsewhere.
They could never get a family photo of all of them, as he would go off!!

About one month into this, the nephew, asked me about side effects, I told I did not know of any, then he told me about the food bowl aggression, it is totally gone, non existent!!
Then he showed me photos of the dog, jumping up on the couch to HANG OUT WITH the kids, to lay with them!!
He is crazy to hang out with them now!!

It going on the third year now, same dose, same amounts for extraction.
I just wanted to share this, as it's stunning to me, something so simple and so powerful at the same time.

angelgoob

I wish I woulda thought about dosing my dog with cannabis extracts or the like. He had seizures too and had to be put down.