What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calmag or Fusarium???

ak1999

Hello All,

New to the forum and growing too. I'm hoping to get some help with identifying my problem and any help would be greatly appreciated. I have researched and have the Cannabis Encyclopedia by Jorge Cervantes and still can't figure out my problem.

First, I started two seeds four weeks ago. Only one sprouted so I started another a week later. I am using Fox Farms Ocean Forest with a 75/25 blend with additional perlite. I have a PH pen, a TDS meter, and am using RO water with a starting PPM of 0-1. I am also using 300W of Vero 29 gen7 COBs. Temps are running 78-82F with a humidity around 40%. PH of water in is around 6.5 - 6.8. Runoff is around 6.5.

Everything was going good until the second to third week from sprout and I started to get brown/red spots on the lower leaves. After researching I suspected a cal/mag issue to be the culprit because of the RO water. I didn't think I would have to add the cal mag until the soil was exhausted. So, I started adding 3.5 ml/gal of calimagic to bring the PPM up around 270. Then I starting reading that FFOF was a hot soil and tested the runoff to be around 1300 PPM. WOW! I flushed the oldest plant as that is the only one that was having this issue. The ending PPM was around 400. Now I'm at four weeks and the problem is slowly progressing to the next set of leaves. The tips started to look like nute burn and now they are crispy.

The first three pictures are the oldest plant. Now the youngest plant is starting to show the same signs (pictures 4 & 5). Is this a calmag issue? Nute burn? Or could it be fusarium wilt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 13

Speed of green

its not fusarium, the plant would be dead already, and there will be a mushy ring around the stalk.

some deficiencies start at the bottom and work their way up, i would continue feeding at 1/4 strength & adding calmag.

It looks like the mix was too hot and you caught it just in time, make sure you get runoff in the future.

even if you fix the issue the leaf will not get better, the deficiency will only stop spreading.

good luck.

gorilla ganja

In the full plant pic the new growth looks good. I think you already solved your problem. Keep an eye on the damaged leaves and new growth and if it doesn't get any worse I think you'll be fine.

Best of luck and may all your buds be Huge

Peace GG

clown baby

FWIW, that doesn't look like magnesium deficiency.

(could be calcium, which calmag would solve, but it's not magnesium)

Latest posts

Latest posts