What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help me with these literal demons (root aphids?)

ThatsBananas

I just noticed these guys a few days ago, they're white, extremely small (barley visible with the naked eye), super long antennas for there bodies fast crawlers when disturbed, haven't noticed any jumpers/fliers so ruling out spring tails I think. They're mostly near the base of the plant but not excursively, they live on the surface and/or just below it. I've brushed off a few inches of soil and really haven't noticed to many of them maybe only 30ish so far if that. They're are mostly on a plant that has pretty significant nute burn (humidifier was left on in closed tent with heavy water causing micro nute toxicity), I saw only one or two on a very healthy plant adjacent to it a few days ago, haven't seen any on the healthy plant since I used SNS 203 and neem oil. The nute burned plant also had some dead leaves that were at the base, perhaps these things are beneficial (long shot I know lol) The video isn't the highest quality (I can send a higher quality vid over message ) but if you look close at the upper portion of the screen you should see movement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU_EKDrLbzg&feature=youtu.be

Can't really tell with the video, try getting a better shot but looks to me that they aren't root aphids. Those looks like beneficial insects called hypoaspis miles to me.

F. Dupp

Veteran
Those dont look like RA. Lucky for you.

And if they are root aphids, you will be seeing major deficiencies by week 5 of flower. Sometimes by week 2 if the infestation is bad.

M

metsäkana

there are millions of mite species some are benificial some are not
you need much more clearer picture to identify it properly..
to me that look benificial i would check other factors first but hard to say
try to buy some benificials that eat bad guys its the best way to fight bad mites.. clean everything and buy beneficial mites if you think they are doing damage..