What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DAY 15 OF FLOWER AND NOW THIS STARTS TO HAPPEN.

SadgrowerinRio

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?

I grow Critical Mass in rockwool slabs-flood and drain system. (i do it manually twice a day)

I use Ph perfect nutes 3 part series. I was actually running a drain to waste system to try and ensure no problems this time and guess what they happened anyway. the ec was always 1.6-1.8 in veg trickling up..I then continued the same feed until day 10 when clear pistils start to show. At which time i switched to maxi bloom but maintained the same EC. Im on day 15 now ans still at 1.9.

Temps are ideal throughout 75 with light on 68 with them off.

Ph is always 5.8-6.2. Below are the pics.

The small plants are on day 1 of flowering -nice and green and pretty much no problem. (Light green may be attributed to the first 12 hours of dark yesterday). The pics were taken seconds apart from each other.

The bigger plants that have the damage that started on day 12 of flowering are on day 15 of flowering. On day 10 as usual i switched to maxi bloom-Basically 1 teaspoon per gallon which leaves my ec at 1.8- 1.9.

My tap water has 0.14 of whatever already in it- I use a milwaukee EC pen that has never failed me. I also use a good ph pen. I am in Rio de Janeiro and dont have all the access to all the shit from back home. This ISNT my first rodeo either in fact im sad to say i have many years in the business but am now losing control of everything right around the 2nd week of flower. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. IM THE SADDEST GROWER ON THE PLANET RIGHT NOW.

As a measure i began to add Cali magic only yesterday but I am unsure if thats the fix or not so im jumping the gun and asking for help. I have many more racks vegging they all look great the problem occurs in the 2nd week of flowering.

[url]https://www.icmag.com/ic/photo_popup.php?e=vB_Editor_001#[/url]

[url]https://www.icmag.com/ic/photo_popup.php?e=vB_Editor_001#[/url]

[url='https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?

albumid=73034&pictureid=1740370'][img]https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73034&pictureid=1740370&thumb=1[/url]

Attachments

• 20170506_070040[1167].jpg
    20170506_070040[1167].jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20170505_235653.jpg
    20170505_235653.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20170505_235639.jpg
    20170505_235639.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20150213 145923
    20150213 145923
    44.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20170505_235608.jpg
    20170505_235608.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 6

SadgrowerinRio

3 days and no response, thanks guys.

3 days and no response, thanks guys.

Ok , so you mean the International Cannagraphic community has no fucking clue whats going on with these plants?

I beg to differ but jesus, im dying over here...

Sounds like you caused the problem as soon as you switched to bloom nutes. The issue in the picture is lockout, so my assumption is that you're either dealing with inaccurate pH readings or that you've got some kind of salt buildup locking out P or K.

Double check pH and or consider feeding heavily to get a lot of runoff and clear out excess salts.

SadgrowerinRio

The ph readings are accurate. i have 2 testers and i use the liquid for safety when making alot of nutrients. The lockout is surefire though and yeas the consensus around numerous forums, even in different languages is one of 3 things.

1.Light burn-- I did have the 1000 watt around 3 feet or lower at the time. But i dont think thats it.

2.General overfeeding .Locking out pottasium.

3.Root zone issues.

It could be 1 and 2---but I dont think rockwool leads to rootzone issues it drains well.

Thanks alot for your response man Its good to hear it from someone else!!

Happy grows

Koondense

Veteran
I only grow organic(so zero exp with any hydro), but I would suggest a flush, then reset to veg+flo nutes at 1/3 strength and go on to full dose in next 10 days.

Budley Doright

Veteran
Just looking at the pics....they are a little confused....

At first glance they look like potassium def....but there are clear signs of interveinal chlorosis indicating magnesium deg..

The ec imo is too high..... those plants should get about 1.2 or so....

The plants look like they have a combination of problems likely caused by overfeeding....

SadgrowerinRio

Yup i did flush all the racks with straight water and now im on the waiting period How long is enough? How many days of flush i mean? In my system I can get the run off down to almost nothing in a few minutes. i did one rack 2 days ago and whn i saw the comeback did the rest of the racks yesterday now but how long should i wait to start re juicing?

Thanks again for your time it does bring a hell of alot of relief hearing it from someone...im all alone here n brasil LOL

peace

SadgrowerinRio

About using veg+flower nutrients...Is that ok ? Im old school man we never did that back in 1996. In fact i always though it was bad...but I guess in essence it acts like a transition formula?

Koondense

Veteran
I use veg+flo in organic and it works great.
But maybe coco nutes work differently and mixing would not work the same? Who knows, in any case when mixing them always take extra care at EC and pH.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yup i did flush all the racks with straight water and now im on the waiting period How long is enough? How many days of flush i mean? In my system I can get the run off down to almost nothing in a few minutes. i did one rack 2 days ago and whn i saw the comeback did the rest of the racks yesterday now but how long should i wait to start re juicing?

Thanks again for your time it does bring a hell of alot of relief hearing it from someone...im all alone here n brasil LOL

peace

I haven't grown much hydro, but what i do remember is the occasional flushing of the medium with pH adjusted water to get rid of salts, like mentioned by Koondense.

..so try running good amount of water thru the medium once a week and then continue to feed them normally immediately. The point is to "wash" the medium every now and then.
:)

SadgrowerinRio

AWESOME ADVICE GUYS ILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED WITH PICS EVERY FEW DAYS. THAT WAY WE ALL LEARN WHAT WORKED AND WHAT DIDNT ..

CRITICAL MASS SEEMS TO BE A BIT FINNICKY TO ME...I GOT IT THINKING AFGHANI AND SKUNK WOULD BE HARDY BUT NO...MY NORTHERN LIGHT 5 WOULD TAKE A BEATING AND NEVER DO THIS ..EVEN INHYDRO...BUT OH WELL THE WEED IS REALLY GOOD THOUGH.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL

SadgrowerinRio

SO AS SAD AS IT MAY SOUND WE WERE ALL WRONG AND WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THESE PLANTS IS THE WORST NEWS POSSIBLE...THE DREADED RUSSET/BROAD MITES GOT ME AND I HAD TO SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING AND START FROM ZERO....NO PICS NEEDED OF THE DISASTER....THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!