What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

distillate/clear vs bho shatter vs co2 raw oil for cannacaps

Lizard Fish

Love the distillate in our edibles and syrups. No nasty taste or afterbite. Bho or co2 usually taste kind of gross when used in high doses in a small volume product.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like the crude oil from a long isopropyl extraction for capsules. You get a higher yield and a deeper high than more refined oils. Putting it in capsules means you don't have to worry about the taste.

NWNR

I like the crude oil from a long isopropyl extraction for capsules. You get a higher yield and a deeper high than more refined oils. Putting it in capsules means you don't have to worry about the taste.

There is still a taste if you burp. In the past when a patient wanted caps I infused some essential oils like peppermint to help with taste and stomach settling. I have also used lemon extract, but usually only with the stronger sativa based strains so the limonene didn't mess with the indica high.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is still a taste if you burp. In the past when a patient wanted caps I infused some essential oils like peppermint to help with taste and stomach settling. I have also used lemon extract, but usually only with the stronger sativa based strains so the limonene didn't mess with the indica high.

I've been a pothead for over 20 years, so weed burps are a good thing. :) I loved the flavor of crude edibles like brownies and cookies before I started making capsules and tinctures.

If weed tasting burps are undesirable, I could see how more refined and purified oils would be better for capsules. I hadn't thought of other essential oils like peppermint. I've just been making capsules and tinctures for personal use, doing it the way that's best for me.