What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spring Harvest crew..

Wolfshadoe

The End Of Whatever year we started this thread.

The End Of Whatever year we started this thread.

Yea,,,,I know I ramble on.But by gawd I like to finnish something I start..Sorry ...I had to actually ,,play video on tv and record with phone...What footage I got would have been no doubt seized/stolen ect,,,I happen to have good friends ..This and what I have STUCK/Siezed on OVERGROW server is all I have of that time in my life...Now I been hearing tales about ppl's stuff still there...If so ?
"wolfshadow" wants HIS GALLERY back!!! Aint got NO problem getting back from whoever got my shit!..k,,nough said.Time to finnish this
thing.Now keep in mind NO LEGAL states then at all.Only med states....This only how we did it in the swamp back then....Full harvest by may...
Edit#1.Due to not sure how picture rotates I'm gonna just edit if needed as I go..This is the old camp I first shown.
Edit:2 This is SMOKEY/STONER..Friend from OG gave them to me.They were my only companions..Thats Train wreck/blue mistik..
Edit#3. I wished I could get the whole scope of this stealth grow.I had atleast 6 camps, with hooch.Just VERY stealth sleeping quarters.
Edit#4.These buds had meat to em for spring crop..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-27-20-53-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-11-27-20-53-49.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_2016-11-27-20-45-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-11-27-20-45-44.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_2016-11-27-20-51-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-11-27-20-51-19.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_2016-11-27-20-55-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-11-27-20-55-13.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Wolfshadoe

Sony Night shot.

Sony Night shot.

I found out real quick I could use that sony as night vision,...

1.Thats no flash.thats pitch black..I was amazed at super night vision on cam then..NOW? Damn ! I bet they are bad ass
2.Thats it folks for whatever year this thread started,these are the same plants it started with.there was many patches
just like this one but I could not lug the camera equip around to them...Soon after this {bumper year}many lbs...I migrated to fancy homes
and did indoor but still came back to the swamp weeks at a time...

I'm gonna figure this video out and put it on PC..<ws>

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-27-20-55-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-11-27-20-55-45.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_2016-11-27-20-54-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-11-27-20-54-46.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
The blue tent doesn't look too stealthy.

I used to do a spring crop, plant at the start of spring and harvest up to 8 weeks later; any longer and the days started getting too long and they started to reveg.

A few things I found; No nitrogen (or very little). You want to plants to go straight into flower so they finish before the days get too long and make them reveg.

However some strains will stay in flower even though the days are quite long, it's good to be able to find these strains.
A couple that did that for me were KC Brains Northern Lights and Sensi's Afghani #1.
There are others no doubt.

And planting late in the season can give a good yield also I found, and the advantages are that the plants are out there for a shorter time so less chance of being found.

Definately going to make sure I'm ready for next spring with this, make sure I have clone mothers at a decent size and clones taken early.

I'm also hoping I will be able to put in a late season this year; plant late in summer.
Will depend on if I can get my old spots I haven't used for a long time in shape by then.

Wolfshadoe

Lol...Mite be a lil more stealthy that pic can show..Look real close, if you can just behind tent....You see that green tarp?..Plus There was brush close by..Note: camp was open for videoing ...I was on location 24/7 365,,,,Except when I slipped into town to talk to other mj growers on OG...Was the first time I ever was on PC...They wasn't NOBODY gonna come within 5 miles without me knowing it..This all OLD stuff.Things sure changed since then.

but it is the same harvest[second] of this thread that began a long time ago...

Once I can figure out how to transfer from cam to PC..I never got SEE this video I shot. watching it for first time is a humbling exsp for me... I had been getting multiple crops years before back then.

Basically I can get ANY strain to give me multi harvest..Understanding increase/decrease of moon phases, equinox, solstice ect and WHEN you put the plants out..

If I want A plant to flower quicker>>Put out on Darkside of moon..
I want it to grow a lil before full flower,i put it out on increase of moon.

All that played into strain,and maybe acclimation will also be a factor...
peace!! <ws>

Do you think being on location every day could attract attention?

I'm assuming you camped next to your plants.

But still if people see you in the area all the time they might think you are growing there and go and look for your plants.

I think it's best to stay away from your plants as much as possible, you only have to be spotted once by the wrong person to give the game away.

Although setting up camp in the vicinity, not at the plot, but some distance away, when they are nearly ready to harvest can be good.
You get to monitor the area and see if anyone is sniffing around looking for plants, and if your plot is found then maybe you know early on and can then harvest straight away, that's assuming they don't take them then and their, but rather intend coming back with sacks put the plants in.

Camping in the vicinity at harvest time means you can trim and dry out in the bush, so less bulk and weight to have to carry back to civilisation.

Wolfshadoe

There is way MORE to this particular situation...I did it for 10 years!..Yes you see new tent and all,but that was for video and A project I started back then..I had atleast 6 dif camps in a 48,000 acre area..Large body of water on one side..Spotted?...Hell I already had several dif agenies trying to get me outta my swamp...I once went 2 years without contact/talk with anyone.

Edit: Times were different back then. I was already doing this long before I took intrest to internet..This WAS fun for me!!!Not MANY people saw me in those days.So I was well adapted to my environment ..Really...In those days the only people who set eyes on <ws> was ppl I met off of OG..To this day They are close friends ..I can honestly say 2 of the best people I met in my life I met from internet!!!! That was my only contact with ppl..Hell I took them in the swamp with me on several occasions and they did their threads in my swamp!!!They would stay 2-3 days..Go home to dif parts of the world and dl from a camera to their PC..They was good ppl on OG,and its the only thing that keeps me even logging
onto PC even today....A lot of those same folk here under dif handles..Alot of us seen OG going to shit and GN had the insight to already be working to get IC up, and those that helped him...This thread started then..I was unable to finish due to circumstances that was nothing related to the grow..

Last edited:

Wolfshadoe

lol...FOOD? I can tell you this,,i ATE many armadillo .There is many things to eat if ya get hungry out here..Froglegs,crawdads.small gator tail,ect.I could go on and on..No gun ever used to kill my food[Noise]...Now them swamp squirls? [sp?] They are smart!! Finally figured out how to gettem though..Simple RAT trap screwd to side of tree...Never had to worry about such things in early years..

I grew MY own smoke...Just for my own use{ pre-99} Didn't need to grow a bunch. I finally come out just after turn of century to a good friends house at 2in the morning
His wifey cooked me scrambled egg/bacon ect...They could not believe I had been out in the swamp that whole time..Of course I had a duffle bag filled with colas!!!Took a hot shower for the first time...

After this...My friend and I went by truk and came up with system..Simple survey ribbon
tied around certain telephone pole ..Dif color ment certain thing..If he rode by and saw my ribbon? well he knew there was a{ bin} waiting at our spot..he would do the same when it came to living better for me>>>Supplies,snake boots{most important}..Tents.ALL the things I would need..Upgraded scanners ect the whole 9 yards. Digi cam came later after I found OG..There is MUCH to this whole thing that is MY own history..Sounding like you may be doubting <ws>?..I don't bullshit or tell tales.

Plenty of food!!! Just gotta have the knowledge to harvest/when..berries,grapes cactus apples,persimmons are just a few..<ws>

Beanzy

Lots of respect to you, you WS are the real deal GG, shit out there in the swamp spooks me especially all those big snakes that invaded, not to mention gators. I know swamp rats my whole life and to live off the land out there is not for the faint of heart, that is the toughest environment to live in.

Old Toker

I'm also in the SE. Last avg frost is Feb 20 something.
Do I have this correct?
1. Veg 24/7 for 8-12 weeks?
2. March 1st - put outside "in" the ground? Or in bags/pots?
3. Harvest before June 22nd?
How does this method work for Sativas that take 14+ weeks to flower?
Thanks for any advice!

Wolfshadoe

I'm also in the SE. Last avg frost is Feb 20 something.
Do I have this correct?
1. Veg 24/7 for 8-12 weeks?
2. March 1st - put outside "in" the ground? Or in bags/pots?
3. Harvest before June 22nd?
How does this method work for Sativas that take 14+ weeks to flower?
Thanks for any advice!

Now those tivas are tricky..But YES you can..They got to be the FIRST out and moon should be dark for quicker flower..I would put tivas out AFTER solstice>summer,unless you plant them outside to grow season>>7-8 months..planting in march naturally.

For this to work proper,,yes atleast 8 weeks..Now those 8 weeks SHOULD be spent>>>if planting from seed,,cloning if possible,culling males. Not fun carrying males..If soil sand or NOT good,,Bags/pots .[1gl] is really all you need for 60 day grow cycle
Be sure and plant them in ground>Keep roots from freezing if we have a less than 4 hr freeze anything more? DEAD!

#3 All harvested plants are/should be in by mid to late may.Planted proper they should be 2 weeks between harvest
Edit:: Farmers Almanac calling for mild winter,i have put plants out in feb,but be prepared for that last march frost/freeze.
Plants are not into flower [full] and I seen them freeze and swore they would die,but wen that ol fl sun hit them they perked
back up and kept on trucking..Peace!<ws>

Old Toker

Now those tivas are tricky..But YES you can..
Thank you sir!!!
Plan on trying this from seed. 1 gal smart pots.....plant end Of Feb or March 1st whenever the moon is dark. Bury the smart pots in the ground (crap native soil).

Just harvested my Malawi today (Dec 5). Got lucky with a long Fall.....but I'd like to avoid needing to get lucky again next Fall. Plus the Summer humidity and crap growing in the forest doesn't work well for me.

Appreciate the advice.

Wolfshadoe

I'm with ya on the humidity ..Spring harvest is actually a GREAT time to harvest. Basically NO pest/humidity ect..all spring growth coming in to hide them. Numbers count..

OT>>>You do have them under 24/7 now correct?.If they are mature and have NOT seen darkness,and gettem close as you feel is right.Now the moon can STILL be large in sky,but on decrease.After half full.The reason,is the moon is rising much later and is losing light each night.This along with prolly [guessing] only 10-11 hrs of daylite,triggers them quicker to flower..The eqinox will be approaching and those tivas should be doing what they supposed to do..Just start watching for stretch if you go up into mid may..

Note;Harvest,leave bottom branch.Hit with a a good nitrogen/water of y choice. and maybe water once in awhile and watch that last sprig you left.Should start to really stretch.After that,and once established a month or 2,they sky rocket in growth bc of previous root ball..Peace..<ws>>

LostTribe

Premium user
I'm with ya on the humidity ..Spring harvest is actually a GREAT time to harvest. Basically NO pest/humidity ect..all spring growth coming in to hide them. Numbers count..

OT>>>You do have them under 24/7 now correct?.If they are mature and have NOT seen darkness,and gettem close as you feel is right.Now the moon can STILL be large in sky,but on decrease.After half full.The reason,is the moon is rising much later and is losing light each night.This along with prolly [guessing] only 10-11 hrs of daylite,triggers them quicker to flower..The eqinox will be approaching and those tivas should be doing what they supposed to do..Just start watching for stretch if you go up into mid may..

Note;Harvest,leave bottom branch.Hit with a a good nitrogen/water of y choice. and maybe water once in awhile and watch that last sprig you left.Should start to really stretch.After that,and once established a month or 2,they sky rocket in growth bc of previous root ball..Peace..<ws>>

I am intrigued by this and heard of this many years ago but have never run outdoors this spring I just may give this a try as I normally keep moms on 24/0 anyway. How big a pot do you veg in?

LostTribe

Premium user
Actually I remember reading about this back in the day. As long as the plants will continue to veg you can use whatever container size you are able to veg properly and then move of course. Probably easiest to do 1-3 gallons containers though, or less numbers of bigger containers. The bloom time is independence of the plant size.

Time to get some nice hardy vegger's going for a try! I read back that wolfshadow left them in the ground after pulling the first harvest and they would reveg and could be left for fall harvest. The root ball would have a giant head start so would grow a nice sized bush dependent of watering frequency. I would think that adding moisture pellets to OD soil mixes would be ideal? Anyone tried that and at what rate per gallon of organic mix?

Wolfshadoe

Sorry for not getting back..

Several ways to do this..
#1.If you got a GOOD soil to plant in naturally. Best way is the 9 oz solo cups. Big holes in bottom of cups and roots will grow right out bottom of cup!! Put 25 or so at a time in small plastic tote w/lid for easy tote in bush.

#2..1 gal pots with bigger root balls means bigger flowers.. Yes..OT you gotter right.

#3.Harvesting on spring increase of moon after equinox and leaving a small lower branch growing clipped right above and increasing nitrogen thru june/july..They will be slow to reveg. But once growing again they BLAST off! and will reflower propper like old days. in sept.

Hope I coverd it all.. Folks sorry for not posting pics and such of grows ..Keep growing as you always have!! I
Peace!..<ws> Happy new year

Edit: On a side note,Just past the 12 year mark since I started this thread..lol:biggrin:

Wolfshadoe

Lost tribe..

You got sand?..If so,or easy digging? Those moister pr
ellets may work...

Back in overgrow days..I once helped a fellow OGer grow in the desert in isreal!!

Using a WIK system.This could be a option for you..Pretty simple and self watering when plant gets thirsty. Will get back and explain if needed.
Peace! <ws>

Wolfshadoe

should be here by now

should be here by now

These with other fixing to go out in march

Attachments

• 20170217_222928.jpg
    20170217_222928.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Latest posts